Mass killer Breivik wins court case over 'inhuman' prison conditions

webfact

So this is thee 1st world system you all tell about your civilized system you wish was in Thailand !!!!!! What a joke

Democracy and human right's laws decree that he must be treated humanely irrespective of the crimes he committed!!

Indeed, disgusting as it is and we'd all like to see him burn, he is appealing to the law and so would anyone else in his shoes. Other murderers in the same prison are doubtless on 22-hour lock-down. / That's the last thing he wants because he won't die a martyr then.

......"and so would anyone else in his shoes" this say's it all!! and until this situation is corrected then these 'clever' defence lawyers will continue to make a mockery of the justice system.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a strange group contributes to TV!

Does nobody understand the rationale for prison time? Withdrawal of freedom but humane living

That of course should apply to all without question

I think 3 cells is unreasonable. Maybe because not allowed to associate?

The thing that interests me is the correlation of commonly held views across threads...

There's a PhD in psychology here for someone!

Pro Brexit, pro Trump, pro guns, pro torture! It would be interesting to compare other statistics!

So this is thee 1st world system you all tell about your civilized system you wish was in Thailand !!!!!! What a joke

Democracy and human right's laws decree that he must be treated humanely irrespective of the crimes he committed!!

"Democracy and human right's laws decree that he must be treated humanely irrespective of the crimes he committed!!"

Humanely? Please cheesy.gif

Breivik had access to three cells – one for living, one for studying, and a third for physical exercise – as well as a television, a computer without internet access and a games console, and that he was able to prepare his own food and do his own laundry. RI DI CU LOUS !

In all fairness, it is an out-dated game console. Being Norway it is probably only a Playstation 3.

The way I see this going is that when he starts mingling with the rest of the prisoners and he realizes that some of them could tear him in pieces for what he has done, he will request to be placed under house arrest due to fears for his life. So within a year he should be back home wink.png

Some of the prisoners would treat him as a hero. I think the gov't is afraid he might convert others to his way of thinking.

The solution is very easy, let him associate with other prisoners, just the darker skin variety. Maybe they'll change his way of thinking (without tearing him to pieces)

Does nobody understand the rationale for prison time? Withdrawal of freedom but humane living

The thing that interests me is the correlation of commonly held views across threads...

Pro Brexit, pro Trump, pro guns, pro torture! It would be interesting to compare other statistics!

Pro Brexit!! ......and you accuse us of being strange. I'm not American, but I'm pro Sanders, anti-gun, anti-torture, highly anti-GMO, massively anti-big pharma and extremely anti-big food!!

I think that this is as sensible as one can be. On account of avoiding eating or taking anything produced by the last 3 that I mention I will be cancer free all of my life and will never have a serious or chronic illness such as diabetes or heart problems!!

Let's all pack our bags and go to Norway, kill some people at random and live as a God in a cell with TV and shower and taxpayers pay everything.... Doesn't sound so bad in comparison with many other countries around the world!!

Edited by GaryAdriaenssens

Breivik should be accorded whatever rights are legally his. There is a very good argument that when it comes to dividing up finite resources that pensioners and the homeless should be be higher up the ladder than prisoners. Perhaps Norwegian prisons as a whole should be far less hospitable and the rules regarding them revised post-hoc. If this were the case at least Breivik might indirectly have resulted in something being fixed which needed fixing.

Breivik wins case on civil rights what a joke.

Wants 5 star treatment in prison.

He is a mass murderer, and does not deserve any respect/ comforts.

Has NORWAY justice lost the plot???

When he when on his murderous spree did he think about the human rights of his victims.

Its liberalization at its worst.The courts give in to the minority few( in this case criminals)because of some one thoughts on basic rights for the under dog.In Texas they were lucky to get a last meal.

Everyone is going ballistic about him living the equivalent of 'a life of luxury' in prison. Shouldn't we be a little more concerned of the fact that every time he pulled the trigger and blasted someone into oblivion he got a 2-3 month prison sentence for it!!

He can't be executed. Put him in an all-cement dark cell with one barred window up high. One florescent bulb on 24/7. Toss him a little fish and some rice each day, plus a bottle of water. And yes, have a stout rope hanging from the ceiling. For added effect, pump in sounds of his victims talking. He silenced so many voices that day. Snuffed 'em out. Despicable. His inner demons should demonize him to the full extent until the time he thankfully hangs himself in misery.

Calm down, oh- professionally- outraged!

1) Norway is a joke? Really? The country with one of the best prison records worldwide!

With one of the smallest number of ex- convicts returning to crime? Seriously?

2) He won on only 1 of his claims and that was the one about solitary- confinement. Which I actually kind of agree with.

3) I think, the state or persons imprisoning a mass- murderer, a rapist etc. should be BETTER than the convict!

So putting him in solitary- confinement, torturing or killing makes US step down to THEIR level. Something that robs US of our humanity!

So take your hang'em-high- attitude elsewhere!

Pro Brexit!! ......and you accuse us of being strange. I'm not American, but I'm pro Sanders, anti-gun, anti-torture, highly anti-GMO, massively anti-big pharma and extremely anti-big food!!

I think that this is as sensible as one can be. On account of avoiding eating or taking anything produced by the last 3 that I mention I will be cancer free all of my life and will never have a serious or chronic illness such as diabetes or heart problems!!

How cilivilised!

I also do not subscribe to the list I wrote! I was just a bit surprised how many of our fellow contributors would sign up to all or most of the points

Extraordinary actually!

Calm down, oh- professionally- outraged!

1) Norway is a joke? Really? The country with one of the best prison records worldwide!

With one of the smallest number of ex- convicts returning to crime? Seriously?

2) He won on only 1 of his claims and that was the one about solitary- confinement. Which I actually kind of agree with.

3) I think, the state or persons imprisoning a mass- murderer, a rapist etc. should be BETTER than the convict!

So putting him in solitary- confinement, torturing or killing makes US step down to THEIR level. Something that robs US of our humanity!

So take your hang'em-high- attitude elsewhere!

Well said sir!

Let's leave the "eye for an eye" stuff with the Muslims and the more extreme evangelicals

The key is get the lowest possible recidivism rates

Keep brutalising society and you get something a bit too American for my liking

If you think being incarcerated for a while is fun, you know nothing. As for a prison, even a Norwegian one, being pleasant, I suggest you review your housing arrangements!

And this is why we have representative democracies. Imagine a country run by TV contributors!!!

We have not had capital punishment in the civilised world for decades. However, if you had a plebiscite, the great unwashed would screaming and shouting to get it back

Do people not read anymore?

And this is why we have representative democracies. Imagine a country run by TV contributors!!!

We have not had capital punishment in the civilised world for decades. However, if you had a plebiscite, the great unwashed would screaming and shouting to get it back

Just hang the guy..

I rest my case

You just don't get it. Fine

I could recommend a few books? Have you read Crime & Punishment? Dostoyevsky?

Knowing what I know about Scandinavian mentality, and associate value structures, I'd conclude that Breivik should count his (more than deserved) blessings.

He might start by giving thanks to his very lucky star-chart, that he is not serving his prison sentence, in some "bitch-making-banging" penal colony, within the US, instead.coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

The German Constitution allows plebiscites, the death penaity is excluded.

The German Constitution allows plebiscites, the death penaity is excluded.

How wise.

What an extraordinary Nation of people.

No matter the despicable, heinous crime perpetrated on their Nation and People, they hold resolute to their values and respect for human rights. They refuse to yield to a barbarous act and become the very thing they reject, inhumanity to man. They continue to hold themselves to the highest principles and ethical behaviour where most Nations stumble and fall.

They bring great honour to those who lost their lives and families who lost loved ones.

My deepest respect to the People of Norway. They stand as a beacon of courage and true civilised Democracy.

Breivik should be accorded whatever rights are legally his. There is a very good argument that when it comes to dividing up finite resources that pensioners and the homeless should be be higher up the ladder than prisoners. Perhaps Norwegian prisons as a whole should be far less hospitable and the rules regarding them revised post-hoc. If this were the case at least Breivik might indirectly have resulted in something being fixed which needed fixing.

Yep. An informed discussion about what works and what doesn't work in Norwegian prison policies - and their opportunity costs - would be about the best thing that could come from this. I recall one of your comments elsewhere - something about "virtue signaling" I think. Cases like this one provide such an easy place for that. It ain't pretty.