Bangkok youth gunned down in hail of bullets - gang high on cough mixture to blame

rooster59

Bangkok youth gunned down in hail of bullets - gang high on cough mixture to blame

post-247607-0-16808300-1461389621_thumb.
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- A 16 year old student out visiting friends on his bike was gunned down and left on the sidewalk for dead on Saturday morning in Bangkok.

Phubet Bangdaeng, known as Toto, was shot multiple times in the face, back and body by at least two different types of gun, reports Daily News.

Police found him still breathing in a pool of blood but were unable to save him.

The shooting happened fifty metres down Soi 16, Sukhatiban 5 in Bang Khen district in the northern part of the capital. Toto was a M3 student at a local school.

Police understand that he had ridden his Honda MSX bike alone down the soi visiting friends when he came across a large group of youths drinking "4 x 100" slang for a mixture of kratom tea and cough mixture.

Police said that the victim was shot multiple times with both a 9mm gun and a shotgun as they found different bullets lodged in the body.

It is understood that the local force are aware of the identity of the group responsible and arrests are expected quickly.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-23

Anybody the remotest theory what might have been the purported reason...? Sort of "I was feeling like it" or "there are too many people on Earth anyway" or "he looked cuter than I"...? Well, since "arrests are expected quickly", we will hopefully soon know, if in fact there is anything to know... it s a darn violent society

I guess TV readers, who are always intent on finding evidence of how efficient Thai Government is, will like this one:

(From WIKIPEDIA)

"Possession of kratom leaves is illegal in Thailand. The Thai government passed the Kratom Act 2486, effective August 3, 1943, which made planting the tree illegal and required existing trees to be cut down. This law was not found effective, since the tree is indigenous to the country."

I guess TV readers, who are always intent on finding evidence of how efficient Thai Government is, will like this one:

(From WIKIPEDIA)

"Possession of kratom leaves is illegal in Thailand. The Thai government passed the Kratom Act 2486, effective August 3, 1943, which made planting the tree illegal and required existing trees to be cut down. This law was not found effective, since the tree is indigenous to the country."

Cocaine and most other drugs are banned in 99 % of the world. But you can still buy it. I don't see your point !

wrong place wrong time wrong street wrong face wrong gang they know who it is arrests to follow surly if they know who it is they go and get them wonder what the penalty is for that crime and yes lets blame the cough mixture not crack cociane life is becoming more and more cheaper there like the bronx 25 years ago by and sell lifes for a snot crack would i like to live there all the time and thats the whole thailand i dont think so

Anybody the remotest theory what might have been the purported reason...? Sort of "I was feeling like it" or "there are too many people on Earth anyway" or "he looked cuter than I"...? Well, since "arrests are expected quickly", we will hopefully soon know, if in fact there is anything to know... it s a darn violent society

Probably trying to show each other how tough they are

wrong place wrong time wrong street wrong face wrong gang they know who it is arrests to follow surly if they know who it is they go and get them wonder what the penalty is for that crime and yes lets blame the cough mixture not crack cociane life is becoming more and more cheaper there like the bronx 25 years ago by and sell lifes for a snot crack would i like to live there all the time and thats the whole thailand i dont think so

What?

Tragic. Condolences to the family and RIP you were too young to go like that.

Now everyone in Thailand needs to see justice done fr this poor guy. A slap on the wrist does not do it any longer. Hard, sever justice is called for but I know very little in reality will happen. So sad for a country that could be so great.

RIP young man . but i need to say this , the blame is squarely on the mother and fathers of these heathen gangster wannabe's . if not for their failure this youth may be alive . no toilet training , no education , no problem solving skills , no future , no man training . the way i see it their parents should join them in prison for bringing a useless piece of shxt to life . thats my take on this sad story .

Don't get me wrong but I think it is high time to seriously clean up the police.

Kids get shot, ladyboys plying their stealing and wounding at Pattaya's beach road, the dodged crime scenes all over the land (i.e. Koh Tao), the jet ski stories are similarly regular - and so on, and so forth ....

Close the Ministry of inactive posts, introduce proper pay schemes and harsh fines (jail) if not in conformity with the job description. This is the beginning of the end if nothing happens soon - and I mean really soon .......

Don't get me wrong but I think it is high time to seriously clean up the police.

Kids get shot, ladyboys plying their stealing and wounding at Pattaya's beach road, the dodged crime scenes all over the land (i.e. Koh Tao), the jet ski stories are similarly regular - and so on, and so forth ....

Close the Ministry of inactive posts, introduce proper pay schemes and harsh fines (jail) if not in conformity with the job description. This is the beginning of the end if nothing happens soon - and I mean really soon .......

It is NOT going to happen!!

16 years old, sad, life is just beginning......

It is sad, there is more like this on different fronts

This is another one of those thumbs down for the tourism in Thailand. not by a foreigner, nor by Burmese, Lao or Lady boy.... Oh yes if not for the cough mixture....hmmm he would still be alive.... hmmm if he did not go down soi 16, Hmmmm perhaps if not for the Guns... he would have lived.... Ridiculous!!!!

Stop passing the buck and get to the real justice.

1. Someone wknows who these people are

2. They need to bee put in prison and on trial.... a reall trial.. I do not mean simply seing the monk and apologising to the family...what crap is that.... Justice is when the law is broken, it does not matter who... Army, police or any tom dick and harrys son....he must stand trial and not just some pat on the shoulder..... DEAL with it

3. What are cops doing?

4. What are the measures to this..... NOTHING... forget it is the attitude. bunch of cowards the lot.

That's the reason you can't by detromethorphan cough suppressant in Thailand. People drink entire bottles of it. Same thing happens with alcohol but somehow that's okay.

Drinking alcohol isn't illegal. Which part of that don't you understand?

When I was young we had blues (amphetamine) LSD, cannabis,Cocaine and heroin, all fairly easy to get hold of and most of it affordable. We all did stupid things, some more so than others but nothing on the level of the youth violence seen in Thailand today. How much of it can be blamed on drugs I am not sure but it can only be a factor and not the cause.