Army chief blasts Watana for comment on Facebook after being freed

rooster59

that pesky FB thing again.

Shut it down, I say. Oh, wait ... they have already tried that several times.

There will come a time when "social media" will not be appropriate, for a nation in mourning.

It will be closed in a flash.

Its closure may well coincide with an epidemic of sudden blood disorders.

facebook is set up to be used with tor, already over a million people use the tor option. in other words, the government has no possible way to close facebook down

What indeed this points out is what a lot of girls the Thai Military brass are, and years ago I refuted claims from a lad working at the embassy , whilst in the air at 33 thousand , that Thai military couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag, I am truly sorry sir , you were right, ruling out hand bags of course.................................. cheesy.gif .

History will show how brave Wattana is and what a bully the PM is

Brave - you mean like when he stood against the infamous whitewash Thaksin bill, or spoke out when Yinluck's regime persecuted a cartoonist or tried to make clicking "like" on a social media post criticizing the Shins a crime and threaten prosecution. Or perhaps when he spoke out against terrorists murdering children, or trying to provoke violence by calling for separatist state and holding war drum meetings.

Don't remember him speaking out then and can't find any links.

Seems his "bravery" is a little bit one sided.

Brave - you mean like when he stood against the infamous whitewash Thaksin bill, or spoke out when Yinluck's regime persecuted a cartoonist or tried to make clicking "like" on a social media post criticizing the Shins a crime and threaten prosecution. Or perhaps when he spoke out against terrorists murdering children, or trying to provoke violence by calling for separatist state and holding war drum meetings.

What in the name of all thst is holy does that have to do with what is happening now, even if it wasn't all a figment of your vivid imagination.

The guy has passed a personal opinion on the charter and for this he is being persecuted. That is the relavant point here.

obfuscation from you again... he has been jailed by a military Junta and you don't think that's brave? wow just wow

obfuscation from you again... he has been jailed by a military Junta and you don't think that's brave? wow just wow

Either he's brave or the junta hasn't got the balls and bunch of school boys on a bridge doing the mockingjay sends the junta running.

"Watana also wrote that his daughter has to leave for Hong Kong with tears for not being able to be the first person to see him on his release from detention."

I guess that trip was really, really important as in more important than seeing daddy after his pleasurable week running around with the boys ?

"Watana also wrote that his daughter has to leave for Hong Kong with tears for not being able to be the first person to see him on his release from detention."

I guess that trip was really, really important as in more important than seeing daddy after his pleasurable week running around with the boys ?

Probably was more important as she was maybe meeting Thaksin there to tell him his plans of a comeback are working.

Brave or just consumed by delusions of grandeur. self importance and false entitlement. " They wouldn't dare......." Oops. They did!!!

Please don't try to make him out to be a hero. He is only doing what he is paid to do because the payer cannot be here to do it himself.

Edited by The Deerhunter

If Watana want to stay few month in jail it's not a problem.....

Yes, just lock up all those who disagree with you. That will solve all your problems and create peace and harmony. But don't you find it curious that these men with guns have such a fear words ?

I think you prefer killl people and children are disagree with you and your party........ I'm not think that solve problem too.....

Probably was more important as she was maybe meeting Thaksin there to tell him his plans of a comeback are working.

Can't be, that would be an implicit acknowledgement of on-purpose meddling rolleyes.gif

If you look at Wattana's FB page today you can see he has superimposing things on the heads of the military like a child would do to goad someone they don't like.

Non constructive criticism is a specialty of these people. Criticism that doe nothing to further their cause except to keep them in the limelight where they desperately crave to be. Wattana is just following his natural traits.

What next. Drawing horns on photos of the military and blacking a few teeth out!

Yu'p horns a pitchfork, and pointy tail...

So now the junta is saying that even after they take a civilian into a military camp for "Attitude adjustment" and if you go on a hunger strike then that will warrant a further charge as it is a political protest rather than a protest of his human rights being violated,

So do you think the junta is right or should human rights be abolished as well as Amnesty international and all other groups fighting for the people to have freedom and free speech?

If you look at Wattana's FB page today you can see he has superimposing things on the heads of the military like a child would do to goad someone they don't like.

Non constructive criticism is a specialty of these people. Criticism that doe nothing to further their cause except to keep them in the limelight where they desperately crave to be. Wattana is just following his natural traits.

What next. Drawing horns on photos of the military and blacking a few teeth out!

Critics of the military tend to do so on the bases that they don't like being told what to say or think.

The government doesn't usually get to decide what the people talk about.

So it's acceptable certainly to a free society t be critical of politics that amount to taking away your rights.

I don't care if they kill him in some dubious accident they rig or say he died mysteriously in jail.

Lets get on with the bigger show down

But spare us the Molly Meldrum antics that its much ado about nothing.

That's BS

These guys and AA is an infringement of rights.

What ever way you dress it up.

No spin can alter that the military are being a big brother.

Some people like that high camp stuff.

But the rest of us see its not their business.

If they really want to control a populace at some point friction occurs.

Edited by Plutojames88

These Thai general types are so nervous of minutiae that you really have to wonder how effective they would be if they were confronted by foreign armies with things that go bang

They would probably cope better in a situation where they didn't need to make ethical choices. Don't forget the hundred or so generals would be nowhere near the front line, that would be the conscript cannon fodder army. As long as any opposing army was similarly badly trained and worse equipped I think the generals would be like pigs in excrement. Think of the military spending that could be justified if there were actually an external threat rather than a perceived threat from civilians speaking their minds.

Yu'p horns a pitchfork, and pointy tail...

So now the junta is saying that even after they take a civilian into a military camp for "Attitude adjustment" and if you go on a hunger strike then that will warrant a further charge as it is a political protest rather than a protest of his human rights being violated,

So do you think the junta is right or should human rights be abolished as well as Amnesty international and all other groups fighting for the people to have freedom and free speech?

Well in Thailand, posting an altered image of someone without their consent is a violation of the computer crimes act and can lead to defamation charges so probably as the previous poster has suggested, we are nowhere near the limits of absurdity yet.

"...his continual criticism of the military junta on his Facebook page..."

that pesky FB thing again.

Yup. wai.gif

As with most social media it is NOT the form of the media that is the problem, it is those who use it! coffee1.gif

Another but. He might be on sided, fact is during Yingluck's administration no one underwent attitude adjustment sessions, no one was charged with liking or sharing facebook posts, and no threats of 10 years in the slammer for campaigning for or against the draft charter.

Thailand's constitutional rights have taken a nosedive, and no but Thaksin, or but Watana is going to hide it. Time to wake up and smell the shit going on right now, none of it initiated by Thaksin or anybody from PT.

Another but. He might be on sided, fact is during Yingluck's administration no one underwent attitude adjustment sessions, no one was charged with liking or sharing facebook posts, and no threats of 10 years in the slammer for campaigning for or against the draft charter.

Thailand's constitutional rights have taken a nosedive, and no but Thaksin, or but Watana is going to hide it. Time to wake up and smell the shit going on right now, none of it initiated by Thaksin or anybody from PT.

The Fascists are here! The Fascists are here! Come on Bangkok, act like Boston!

Edited by choff56

As i said before,i'm not clever when it comes to polotics,and i envy you guys who are.But from what i see of all this,is that its a country run by children dressed as adults,who in their prepubescent minds actually think that the world revolves around it.Are they aware of how long they would actually last,if the world went bang!

As i said before,i'm not clever when it comes to polotics,and i envy you guys who are.But from what i see of all this,is that its a country run by children dressed as adults,who in their prepubescent minds actually think that the world revolves around it.Are they aware of how long they would actually last,if the world went bang!

I've heard worse assessments, to be honest with you..

"Tourists think that Thailand is beautiful, safe and that they can do anything they want here. That they can put on their bikinis and go anywhere they want. I ask, can you get away with wearing bikinis in Thailand? Unless you are not beautiful?" Prayuth said in a televised speech on Wednesday.

Thailand’s junta leader, Prayuth Chan-ocha, has said he will “probably just execute” any journalist who does not “report the truth”.

Some gems from your hero there Jamie.

Appreciate that reply and I could not have said it better myself.

That is EXACTLY the constructive criticism I am talking about and what Wattana should be constantly reinforcing and constantly reminding the people about on his FB page. At least then if he gets arrested he can hold his head up high.

Drawing things on military personnel in his FB back is childish at best though is typical of his ilk.

Thanks again for offering so much more than Wattana has. Very mature and much appreciated.