Shop house in Roi Et ?

uksomchai

Hi, I was wondering if I could get a rough idea of the costs of renting a small shop house in or around Roi Et ? I fancy a change of scenery and am thinking of giving Roi Et a try. Is Roi Et Farang friendly also ? Any good Farang restaurants and bars about ? Cheers Chaps thumbsup.gif

Google is your best friend, if you don't wanna wait for any replies. Was a topic for so many times already.

I would much rather wait for replies thanks. Google isn't as smart as you " Google is your friend " people think it is. And certainly when it comes to TV but thanks for posting the bleeding obvious any way wink.png

Lived there 8 years. In the beginning (2002) it was really basic. Have to drive to Khon Kaen every 2 weeks to do the shopping and having lunch at the Pullmann, but today there's even a Robinson there. Quite a lot of foreigners to socialize with (especially in the bars around the lake). But not much to do. If you don't want to form a habit of starting drinking in the morning I would advise you to look for a hobby. Renting a townhouse should start from 5000 Baht a month. I enjoyed most of my time there, if you like a simple and quiet life it is a good place.

When I pop into the big city (Roi Et) I usually see lots of farang, especially at Tesco Lotus, Big C and Robinson's. I've only had one night in town this year, and that was for street food outside the High School on the way back from a visa run to Amnat Charoen. I'd love to be able to pop into a bar for a cold beer but my visits to town tend to be focused on getting what I went to town for, and her indoors isn't too keen on me drinking on these trips because she has to drive with me as the worlds worst passenger.

Roi Et is a nice quiet city, not an awful lot to do. The main area for stores is not far from Makro, Tesco, but it's a bit untidy, not shopper friendly (In my opinion). The city has an airport, with limited flight options, the bus station is next to Tesco, but no rail connection, although there is talk of a rail link from Bangkok to the Laos border that might pass near Roi Et.

The ring road is easy to navigate, that's where you'll find Robinson's, Thai Watsadu, Global House, Home Pro.

The park in the city centre is nice, and as mentioned, there are a few bars and restaurants that look out over the park, there's a nightclub near the High School of you enjoy that type of thing.

I'm only into my third year in the area and there's an awful lot more to see and do yet.

Edited by ThaiKneeTim

• 2 weeks later...

Mahasarakham better. Significant University. Richer.

I agree with you. I live in Maha Sarakham and there is no "farlang" bars/restaurants here. Twice the last years it has been a "farlang" bar in Maha Sarakham. They both didn't have the skills to run a bar so now one is sold to a Thai couple and the other one is an internet cafe. But if the right person opens a bar in Maha Sarakham I still think it can work.

Google is your best friend, if you don't wanna wait for any replies. Was a topic for so many times already.

I would much rather wait for replies thanks. Google isn't as smart as you " Google is your friend " people think it is. And certainly when it comes to TV but thanks for posting the bleeding obvious any way wink.png

Great point here btw. Google gives you historical data much of which is not upto date and chances are the OP has already took that route and now they seek to validate much of what they have read with upto the minute views; well at least I hope that's how people do their research.