Pregnant Pattaya Woman Falls From Balcony

webfact

Pregnant Pattaya Woman Falls From Balcony

3.jpg
Pregnant Thai woman falls from her third floor balcony

PATTAYA: -- At 9pm, 24th of April, 27 year old Miss Nampung Meechumsaeng fell from her third floor balcony. Miss Nampung is six months pregnant, had injuries to her back, body pains, and vaginal bleeding.

Rescuers administered first aid before transporting her to Muang Pattaya Hospital. They worked swiftly to give Miss Nampung urgent care due to her being six months pregnant.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/223342/pregnant-pattaya-woman-falls-balcony/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-04-26

Best wishes Khun Nampung... tough call for the baby... let's hope.

Since she is a survivor, it would be interesting to know from her how it happened (in the context of all other balcony falls). In her condition, I suppose she was being careful?? Eyewitness said that Miss Nampung had come out to her balcony to collect her clothes that were drying on the clothe lines when she slipped and fell three stories down. Slipped and fell over the rail? That's a lot of bad luck. Or was the line outside the balcony?

Terrible.

If you trust the witnesses another proof how dangerous these balconies are.

Not all falls are intentional.

I once visited a fellow in Naklua, 23rd floor.

Rails about as high as my navel and I am only 1.72m (5 foot 7).

Bending over the rail has a "special feeling" blink.png

I don't understand why even foreigners don't do something about it and install some extra security.

Even in a rented condo I would do so.

Top floor of our 3 storey shop had rails to 70cm. Now has a 2 metre barrier. Thats where I built my bar so had accident written all over it. Now 2 metres and safe as can be. Likely I would have been first drunk over so had to do haha

Terrible.

If you trust the witnesses another proof how dangerous these balconies are.

Not all falls are intentional.

I once visited a fellow in Naklua, 23rd floor.

Rails about as high as my navel and I am only 1.72m (5 foot 7).

Bending over the rail has a "special feeling" blink.png

I don't understand why even foreigners don't do something about it and install some extra security.

Even in a rented condo I would do so.

'Bending over the rail has a "special feeling"'

The feeling is probably the why-am-I-bending-over-the-balcony-railing feeling.

I realize that higher railings might be a good idea, especially if you have children or drunken tourists staying with you, but more generally you can't safeguard every possible danger if someone is not using a little common sense or frequently tends to be under the influence.

I've often thought that flights to Bangkok originating in Europe out to have a mandatory safety video pointing out how to use balconies (and elevator call buttons).

I have a balcony with moderately high railings which most adults could easily lean over, but can't recall any visitors, adult or child, who had to be restrained from bending over them. So far no one has tried to put his hand in a pan of frying meat or tried to use an electric hair dryer while showering or attempted to stick his finger in a "live" light bulb socket either, but I imagine some hospital emergency rooms have had to deal with the consequences of some people doing all these things.

I'm sorry for the young women who fell. Presumably she just lost her balance, but many of the balcony incidents are either intentional or demonstrate a lack of sense neither of which would be necessarily prevented by higher railings.

Edited by Suradit69

Going to venture a guess and say some of the clothes were out beyond the balcony railing. I do hope she and the baby are okay. From the wording of the article it makes it sound like the rescuers would have moved slower if she hadn't been pregnant. Aren't you supposed to work quickly regardless???

Apparently the highest cause of deaths of Philippine maids in Hong Kong. Some might have had some help I understand.

Why don't people just put a piece of large diameter steel mesh on their balconies floor to ceiling if they think the rail is too low or the gap between the rails is too large and young kids could slip through (seen a few of those)...cheap and easy.

A terrible mix- washing on the balcony , maybe wet , shiny tiles, pregnant lady, and pathetic rails.

I hope she and her baby will be fine.

Just had the balcony rails increased- not much 12000 for studio and corner room on the apartment. Thought it would cost a fortune. All new steel work , all new paint , welding- a fantastic job. Feel a bit safer as the tiles outside are like an ice rink when wet.