Justice minister asks media to pay less attention to Dhammachayo case

webfact

Justice minister asks media to pay less attention to Dhammachayo case

537_Phaiboon-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Justice minister Gen Phaiboon Khumchaya pleaded Tuesday with media representatives to pay less attention to Wat Dhammakaya abbot, Phra Dhammachayo, saying the case he is facing is normal and will be treated accordingly.

The minister commented after he was asked by reporters about the controversial abbot’s failure to report to the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) for acknowledgement of them embezzlement of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative’s funds worth several thousand billion baht.

His serious sickness was cited by his secretary as reason to seek second postponement to report to the DSI until end of May.

The DSI is now seeking warrant for the arrest of the abbot from the court saying he could not seek second postponement as once had been permitted to him.

Gen Phaiboon said all relevant authorities must listen to reasons of all involved.

He said a claim of serious sickness might be true but the case has to be treated accordingly.

He said the case is handled by a special committee comprising DSI and state prosecutor which will follow its procedures.

He then pleaded with the media to not pay greater attention to the case as it would be treated as normal case.

Yesterday, Phra Sanitwong Wuttiwangso, the public relations director for Wat Dhammakaya said that Phra Dhamachayo would not be available to appear at the DSI to hear embezzlement charges because he has several sicknesses and doctors advised him to rest for 15 days and halted all functions.

The abbot was accused of allegedly receiving cheques from Suphachai Srisupha-Aksorn, the former chairman of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative, worth two billion baht.

DSI director general Pol Col. Paisit Wongmueng said the second request for postponement was not permitted, adding he seek warrant to arrest him from the court today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/161063

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-26

Clearly the JM is feeling a little too much spotlight is shining his way. If he just grew some balls and arrested the monk the media would move on to the next useless official. But as we know the saffron robe is the local version of an invisibility cloak, so the felon can look forward to being treated with kid gloves despite his alledgedly crooked ways.

Just because he is a monk it does not mean he can do whatever he likes. Monjs sjoild be the least vorrupt but it is getying that they are the most. So much for religion and helping the poor - look after yourself! Not what I would call compassionate which religious leaders should be but selfish and looking after himself. I suggest monks should not have personal accounts as they don't need their own wealth.

What can the media pay attention to these days except the small crooks and dek van racing in Bangkok, they get 15 minutes of replay every morning on national TV together with the proud officer that stopped the severe wrongdoing......

Yes , PM and his ministers are now asking more and more NO ATTENTION of press on anything they are doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well for me that seems more and more wrongdoing should not be covered by the press: i hope we keep the social media as a regualtor for the non existing press in Thailand!

...for acknowledgement of them embezzlement of the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative’s funds worth several thousand billion baht.

A normal case????

For Thailand? Yes, I think it's pretty standard stuff. Justice minister "pleaded" with media. Dear oh dear.

Anyway one assumes this several thousand billion baht will take a while to divvy up, so if the abbot should either abscond or wind up dead soon enough that wil also be pretty "normal". Or maybe he could avoid jail time by going into the Monastic...oh wait, no.

And whilst the JM was whining about the media interest the lawyer for the monk got an injunction stopping the DOI from getting the warrant. So these incompetent whingers have been made not only to look stupid but have been confirmed as incapable of doing their job! That saffron invisbility cloak sure works well.

Just because he is a monk it does not mean he can do whatever he likes. Monjs sjoild be the least vorrupt but it is getying that they are the most. So much for religion and helping the poor - look after yourself! Not what I would call compassionate which religious leaders should be but selfish and looking after himself. I suggest monks should not have personal accounts as they don't need their own wealth.

Would it be so difficult to proofread your submission before you hit the "add reply" button?