Dutch man's "Suicide" in Thailand a possible murder case

snoop1130

Dutch man's "Suicide" in Thailand a possible murder case

post-249866-0-17140300-1461672545_thumb.
Stephan Buczynski (Photo: Stephan Buczynski/Facebook)

THAILAND -- Breda man Stephan Buczynski did not commit suicide in Thailand in 2013, but may have been murdered, according to crime reporter John van der Heuvel in his program Vermoord in het buiteland. He traveled to Thailand to investigate Buczynski’s death at the request of his family, Omroep Brabant reports.

Stephan traveled to Thailand for a week long holiday in January 2013. He ended up in the hospital early in the holiday, after being beaten with a full whiskey bottle during an argument. He spent the rest of the week in hospital, at the end of which he was picked up by his friend Sylvano.

Source: http://www.nltimes.nl/2016/04/25/dutch-mans-suicide-thailand-possible-murder-case/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Thai police believe he committed suicide..."

It is difficult to believe that Thai police could get something as serious as homicide wrong. When was the last time something like that happened?whistling.gif

Edited by jaltsc

I've never in all my years and travels come across such an inept and useless group of individuals. Besides collecting money, what are these clowns good at?

Deporting you? Be careful or big brother make take offence hehee... Seriously though!! Life is already cheap in Thailand and especially so with a foreigners life. Only, and seriously, only, if it is widespread online will it be looked into deeper or with more care. Usually by that time it is too late to change what was pronounced as it would make them lose face. That is worse than getting something wrong and fixing it.

Thai police believe he committed suicide

As soon as you see the words Thai police in a sentence, take whatever goes before or after it with a very large pinch of salt. They want things sewn up with minimal fuss, nice and easy so everyone looks good. Nothing else matters.

So many come here for a good time and end up in a bag. What a senseless waste!

Stephan Buczynski

A Dutch tourist has been found dead inPhuket waters. Stephan Buczynski’s body was found at about 09:30 floating 500 meters off the popular Patong beachfront, with him a waterproof bag that contained nine Xanax pills. Col Akanit explained that he would have to read the full report before knowing if the drug might have been a factor in the drowning.

Bangkok autopsy results have confirmed that Dutch tourist died from drowning, but were unable to determine the role the serious wound to his head played in the incident.

Doctors at Patong Hospital were fairly certain Mr Buczynski, 26, had drowned, but police requested the autopsy because there was also a deep gash on the back of his head, Patong Police Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksat told the Phuket Gazette.

“I was informally told by an officer at the Institute of Police Forensic Medicine in Bangkok that the cause of death was drowning,” Lt Col Akanit said. “The officer there explained to me that the wound on the back of Mr Buczynski’s head was caused by a hard, sharp object,” Col Akanit said.

“However, forensic doctors were unable to determine if the wound was sustained before or after the drowning, which makes it impossible to know if it was a factor in Mr Buczynski’s death.”

Report from :- http://www.farang-deaths.com/case/stephan-buczynski/

I think we can all agree the RTP has an awful reputation. Not only amongst foreigners - also Thais.

Corruption here isn't like corruption back in the west. What I mean is that of course it goes on in the west, but the people doing it know it's illegal and wrong. They're taking the risk because they think it's worth the reward.

In Thailand, especially with the RTP, corruption is a business model. It's the way things are done. As a foreigner, you're welcome to say that's how they do it here so let them crack on - fair enough. What isn't fair enough is too accuse fellow foreigners of being negative or 'anti-Thai' for simply mistrusting the police here as a rule of thumb. I know I do. I call it common sense.

A post containing content and a link from Phuket Wan has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.
These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

Probably in the sea with a can of beer watching the stars when bang a fishing boat fishing for squid hits him, then the propeller cuts his head, knocked out cold he drowns. The fishing boat crew think they've hit a piece of wood.

After 2 years, what can anyone prove? The 4 inch cut into the back of his head must be a propeller. You don't stab people in the back of the head. Anyway that's enough armchair detective theories from me.

If you read the whole story , suicide was not mentioned when the body arrived for the autopsy -

"Bangkok autopsy results have confirmed that Dutch tourist died from drowning, but were unable to determine the role the serious wound to his head played in the incident.

Doctors at Patong Hospital were fairly certain Mr Buczynski, 26, had drowned, but police requested the autopsy because there was also a deep gash on the back of his head, Patong Police Deputy Superintendent Akanit Danpitaksat told the Phuket Gazette."

Edited by balo

The two got separated that night. And Stephan’s body was fished out of the ocean on January 13th. The Thai police believe he committed suicide by walking into the ocean in a disturbed and intoxicated state.

But during his investigation Van der Heuvel found evidence that seems to suggest otherwise. He found video footage showing first Stephan and Sylvano walking together, and then Stephan walking alone while talking on the phone. Nothing in the video suggests that he was drunk or having some form of breakdown. The pathologist who examined Stephan’s body also stated that his blood alcohol level was very low. And he had a deep head wound of about 4 centimeters, which seems to indicate that he was hit with something.

The Thai police stated that Stephan was hit with a propeller of a boat, but the lifeguards who took Stephan out of the water told Van der Heuvel that no boats travel the area at night. According to the crime reporter, it seems very likely that Stephan was murdered. He took his investigation to the Dutch Embassy in Thailand as well as the Public Prosecutor. The Prosecutor initiated a further investigation.

If you haven't realized by now , Falang deaths are always suicide. No thai would harm them. This country is very scary to be in. Be careful.

Not the Thais you have to worry about, all the recent Bangkok deaths have been other foreigners.

Where is this Sylvano bloke? Probably long gone from Thailand by now.

Who hit him over the head with the bottle? A fellow countryman or someone from another country? Where? Why? Vague report with little information.

A lot of farangs suicide, not only in Thailand, all over the world.

So many of my expat friends who lived in Thailand over the past 18 years have all faded away to live in other countries now.Most of them felt their personal safety was the main reason for change of location and when you read this type of death report you can understand people's thinking got off all these years odds are must be my turn soon time to move on

So many of my expat friends who lived in Thailand over the past 18 years have all faded away to live in other countries now.Most of them felt their personal safety was the main reason for change of location and when you read this type of death report you can understand people's thinking got off all these years odds are must be my turn soon time to move on

A bit dramatic.

I know a lot more people have been murdered in my home country, over your 18 year period.

Also, with regards to your friends who have 'moved on', had they stayed here, I would think they would still be alive, barring death by natural causes.

Ah yes the old beating yourself to death with a whiskey bottle way of suicide....

like the farang a few years back who committed suicide by tieing his hands behind himself, decapitating himself and then throwing himself off a bridge.

I've never in all my years and travels come across such an inept and useless group of individuals. Besides collecting money, what are these clowns good at?

some believe they are good at laying waste to crime scenes - hiding evidence - inventing evidence - stitching people up - making key people disappear without a trace and then expecting everyone to believe them, personally I think they are highly professional and can do no wrong, I fail to see why others don't see it.

A bit dramatic.

I know a lot more people have been murdered in my home country, over your 18 year period.

Also, with regards to your friends who have 'moved on', had they stayed here, I would think they would still be alive, barring death by natural causes.

A bit of a given that more farangs are murdered in thier home countries. How many Thais per year are murdered in individual farang countries compared to farangs in Thailand?

If he was as argumentative, pompous and obnoxious as some of our Dutch TV members i am sure there would be a long list of suspects wanting to swing a bottle of whiskey at head.

Hope they get to the bottem of this whatever circumstances transpire.