Do you know this man? Unidentified foreigner falls from Pattaya condo

webfact

How are we supposed to know him if a picture is not posted?

What makes you think they need your help in identifying the person! If the guy entered the country legally his biometric information will be on record, matching the person to the records should be relatively easy.

What they don't need is ghouls wanting to look at a corpse.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the TV detectives are out in force. Seeing the number of males being robbed by katoeys in Pattaya I would suggest having an empty wallet and no id makes lot of sense. Take what you need and leave the rest in the hotel safe. He may well have just spent the rest of his money somewhere else.

RIP to yet another weekly victim

Quote : A large gathering of Thais and foreigners were in a state of shock looking at the body.

Ah ... so these people came rushing to see the body in order to put themselves in a state of shock ?

It's called gawking, or rubbernecking, and it's gross. It's not specifically Thai, but in this country I have observed repeatedly that it is much more common than anywhere else.

There are lots of things I like about Thai culture and people, but that sure isn't one of them.

Edited by Yann55

My views on this is the only way to stop them is to make it physically impossible, and the only way to get that done is to make it the building mangers and owners responsibility.

We are very lucky that up to now no one has been hurt or killed by a jumper.

Impossible i say.......impracticable!.........

Underground buildings the next order ! Hard to die jumoing up !

How are we supposed to know him if a picture is not posted?

What makes you think they need your help in identifying the person! If the guy entered the country legally his biometric information will be on record, matching the person to the records should be relatively easy.

What they don't need is ghouls wanting to look at a corpse.

"What makes you think they need your help in identifying the person!" Try reading the post!

From the headline:-

Do you know this man?

And from the text of the post:-

PATTAYA:-- Police found an unidentified foreign man dead after a fall from a well known South Pattaya condominium on Tuesday evening.

They are appealing for relatives or friends to come forward.

Edited by sambum

"Pattaya police investigator Piyapong Ensarn was told that the man went into the condo building and ordered a beer from a shop downstairs then disappeared. No more than ten minutes later someone found the body."

Don't anybody think it is strange to order a beer, then go and top yourself?

RIP

Well I've never done it.

Why should someone (help) him ? The man enter the building alone buy a last beer before flying

My bet is he had ran out of money of simply just wantvto ends his life.

I not agree that every suicide in patts is foul play.

He did not even stayed in VT6

Agreed.........No money,depression,health problems,burn't bridges,no friends,deluding oneself for years etc.....

Agreed,One of the many losers simi living here.Travels to LOS with no real planing,has a great time spending all his money,over stays with small jobs to help out his existence.Then the Coup comes and the new government changes the rules with the threat of prison time.No where to go. He is now between a hock and a hard place.They are hundreds more out there like him.I still do not claim to know why he would end his life at this time,most would not.RIP

"Pattaya police investigator Piyapong Ensarn was told that the man went into the condo building and ordered a beer from a shop downstairs then disappeared. No more than ten minutes later someone found the body."

RIP

While we do not have other elements to go on, I would just venture that what looks like a suicide might actually be one. Why, then, should one NOT order a last beer before jumping...?

Maybe 70 baht is the clue.. If you're going to jumo and decide to have a beer, why not 2 beers.. Or gave a 70 baht tip..

I still think he jumped.

Jumper my a..e.

All the time we hear about farangs jumping from condos.

Orders a beer then goes and jumps. No way, somebody helped him over the edge.

I would like to see his bank account/net worth before making an accusation like this.....

It isn't too far of a stretch to believe that they guy was skint.

If he was the type to have a "net worth", he would probably have a credit card or at least an ATM card in his wallet. A credit card has name imprinted and would be a good enough ID.

If he had an ATM card from a Thai bank, the cops could get the info for it and ID him.

If he had simply lost all of his ID and credit cards, and he was solvent, he would probably not kill himself but rather be working to replace his documents, cards and financial access. This is unlikely because he probably would have lost the entire wallet and not just the contents beyond 70 baht and the price of a beer.

The robbery / murder as suggested by colinneil is plausible. The thief and murderer could take his cash and rack up his cards, and empty his bank accounts if they know the PIN. Killing him makes sure that he can not report them stolen and have them deactivated.

But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later.

Does this building have an accessible rooftop? Mine does- can take the elevator to the top floor, and walk up one flight and go out onto the roof. Maybe he lived in a ground floor condo nearby, and this was the closest place to join the flying club.

RIP

not really!..........One for the road as they say! (pardon the pun there ......i don't find this amusing at all)

I think it strange that anyone would want to top themselves,, I just imagine if there were as many alleged jumpers in the UK polices forced would be thin on ground because todays cops cannot handle the horror then they sue the Government so maybe a good thing Thailand has this facility

Why should someone (help) him ? The man enter the building alone buy a last beer before flying

My bet is he had ran out of money of simply just wantvto ends his life.

I not agree that every suicide in patts is foul play.

He did not even stayed in VT6

He had money for a beer, they found 70 baht in his wallet. Does seem strange though doesn't it. I think you also have to admit there are an awful lot of foreigners falling from balconies is so called suicides. If they were not suicides then it is a sure fire way of killing someone and getting away with it because every one is a verdict of suicide.

Of all the people who have fallen i dont recall anyone every being arrested, do you?

Jumper my a..e.

All the time we hear about farangs jumping from condos.

Orders a beer then goes and jumps. No way, somebody helped him over the edge.

I would like to see his bank account/net worth before making an accusation like this.....

It isn't too far of a stretch to believe that they guy was skint.

If he was the type to have a "net worth", he would probably have a credit card or at least an ATM card in his wallet. A credit card has name imprinted and would be a good enough ID.

If he had an ATM card from a Thai bank, the cops could get the info for it and ID him.

If he had simply lost all of his ID and credit cards, and he was solvent, he would probably not kill himself but rather be working to replace his documents, cards and financial access. This is unlikely because he probably would have lost the entire wallet and not just the contents beyond 70 baht and the price of a beer.

The robbery / murder as suggested by colinneil is plausible. The thief and murderer could take his cash and rack up his cards, and empty his bank accounts if they know the PIN. Killing him makes sure that he can not report them stolen and have them deactivated.

But... this doesn't make sense either - for him to be happily buying a beer and then being robbed and murdered no more than 10 minutes later.

Does this building have an accessible rooftop? Mine does- can take the elevator to the top floor, and walk up one flight and go out onto the roof. Maybe he lived in a ground floor condo nearby, and this was the closest place to join the flying club.

you took the wrong side of my arguement.. bino

i want to see if he did have money in his bank account........ie....possible reason to murder him.....

Of course being broke he's no good to anyonethumbsup.gif

I

Being reported on Talay 6 that He went into the building by himself, he was in a drunken state (talking and acting weird in the elevator), then he jumped, CCTV in the building and elevator can confirm that.
Poor bloke was obviously troubled.

RIP

not really!..........One for the road as they say! (pardon the pun there ......i don't find this amusing at all)

I think it strange that anyone would want to top themselves,, I just imagine if there were as many alleged jumpers in the UK polices forced would be thin on ground because todays cops cannot handle the horror then they sue the Government so maybe a good thing Thailand has this facility

Ahh.......your not as mad as you make out Patthumbsup.gif

Edited by Nasrullah