Do you know this man? Unidentified foreigner falls from Pattaya condo

webfact

Being reported on Talay 6 that He went into the building by himself, he was in a drunken state (talking and acting weird in the elevator), then he jumped, CCTV in the building and elevator can confirm that.

Poor bloke was obviously troubled.

+1...........It does look that way!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My views on this is the only way to stop them is to make it physically impossible, and the only way to get that done is to make it the building mangers and owners responsibility.

We are very lucky that up to now no one has been hurt or killed by a jumper.

Impossible i say.......impracticable!.........

It is not impossible nor impracticable...

Just no one wants put their hands in their pockets.

It is not just condos but shopping malls and other buildings too, some of those escalators in some of the malls give me the willies just thinking about them and many balconies are so low often it is hard to say if was suicide or an accident.

My views on this is the only way to stop them is to make it physically impossible, and the only way to get that done is to make it the building mangers and owners responsibility.

We are very lucky that up to now no one has been hurt or killed by a jumper.

Sorry, but that would never be possible and just move the jumpers to jump from a cliff, or out in front of a bus or truck instead.

The only way to stop them scaring the shit out of others would be, if there were created medical clinics, where suicidal people could go to end their extremely miserable lives.

Not against a clinic as long as the patients are counselled first and assessed that they would take their own life anyway...

Being reported on Talay 6 that He went into the building by himself, he was in a drunken state (talking and acting weird in the elevator), then he jumped, CCTV in the building and elevator can confirm that.

Poor bloke was obviously troubled.

+1...........It does look that way!

So this stops this silly assuming murder on the reason he was no money he had been robbed. May be he just read a thread on here and was so depression he jumped

RIP poor man

Sorry to hear about this jumping man.

There but for the grace of God go fly!

Getting real, Thailand and especially Pattaya is an end of the land thing for many people.

Like San Francisco in the U.S.

If you try a "geographical cure" here and things are still bad, well, then, no surprise.

If there was a Golden Gate Bridge here people would jump off of that instead of the tall condos.

Edited by Jingthing

I don't recall as many people falling from high buildings in Australia as there are in Thailand. Even on a per capita basis, thete would be a third of those in Thailand meeting their deaths in Australia in the same way.

Extraordinary!!

Quite difficult to ask for help in the identification if no picture of the man posted !

He would be identified by friends ( assuming he had some ) through the dragon tattoo on his right arm and shoulder, plus the general description of height and age range.facepalm.gif

Interesting how many posters on this thread automatically assume the police have intervened to leave only 70 baht in his wallet.

"Pattaya police investigator Piyapong Ensarn was told that the man went into the condo building and ordered a beer from a shop downstairs then disappeared. No more than ten minutes later someone found the body."

Don't anybody think it is strange to order a beer, then go and top yourself?

RIP

It would be interesting to see the CCTV in the store where he bought the beer and note how he paid and compare that information with him only having 70 baht in his wallet.

so who emptied his wallet all his 1000baht notes and credit cards and only left him with 20 baht its ok police will think he is poor drunk with his one beer and depressed because he has no money left now come-on and push a suicide person for sure quickly we hurry downstairs and get pictures now and go look for another jumper

Where does it imply he had a wallet full of now removed 1000 baht notes?

He had 70 baht, not 20 baht...read the thread and stop speculating.

30-35...165 to 170cm tall.......short, young and broke and broken hearted from the love of his life dumping him because he was broke...then jumped...there's my speculation.

Makes as much sense as yours, and far more likely.

How are we supposed to know him if a picture is not posted?

What makes you think they need your help in identifying the person! If the guy entered the country legally his biometric information will be on record, matching the person to the records should be relatively easy.

What they don't need is ghouls wanting to look at a corpse.

Do you know this man? Unidentified foreigner falls from Pattaya condo

This might be a clue.

Quote : A large gathering of Thais and foreigners were in a state of shock looking at the body.

Ah ... so these people came rushing to see the body in order to put themselves in a state of shock ?

It's called gawking, or rubbernecking, and it's gross. It's not specifically Thai, but in this country I have observed repeatedly that it is much more common than anywhere else.

There are lots of things I like about Thai culture and people, but that sure isn't one of them.

So its OK for the foreigners to gawk and rubberneck.

Get real Yann55...in this situation everyone stops and stares....they can't help they guy and a lot are in shock having never seen anything like this before in their lives.

"Pattaya police investigator Piyapong Ensarn was told that the man went into the condo building and ordered a beer from a shop downstairs then disappeared. No more than ten minutes later someone found the body."

RIP

not really!..........One for the road as they say! (pardon the pun there ......i don't find this amusing at all)

I think it strange that anyone would want to top themselves,, I just imagine if there were as many alleged jumpers in the UK polices forced would be thin on ground because todays cops cannot handle the horror then they sue the Government so maybe a good thing Thailand has this facility

There will be as many suicides, if not more in the UK.....but its not made public knowledge.

I also found it strange to understand why people would want to top themselves until I understood depression.

A strange phenomenon in rural Australia is single vehicle , single occupant car crashes...often hitting a tree. Suicide but never reported as such.

Edited by Mudcrab

Why should someone (help) him ? The man enter the building alone buy a last beer before flying

My bet is he had ran out of money of simply just wantvto ends his life.

I not agree that every suicide in patts is foul play.

He did not even stayed in VT6

He had money for a beer, they found 70 baht in his wallet. Does seem strange though doesn't it. I think you also have to admit there are an awful lot of foreigners falling from balconies is so called suicides. If they were not suicides then it is a sure fire way of killing someone and getting away with it because every one is a verdict of suicide.

Of all the people who have fallen i dont recall anyone every being arrested, do you?

Bit hard to arrest a smashed, broken body don't you think?

What are you going to charge them with...littering?

RIP

Absolutely not ! It is a well publicized fact that in times of hardship a person will save his last dollar for a beer.

RIP

not really!..........One for the road as they say! (pardon the pun there ......i don't find this amusing at all)

I think it strange that anyone would want to top themselves,, I just imagine if there were as many alleged jumpers in the UK polices forced would be thin on ground because todays cops cannot handle the horror then they sue the Government so maybe a good thing Thailand has this facility

There will be as many suicides, if not more in the UK.....but its not made public knowledge.

I also found it strange to understand why people would want to top themselves until I understood depression.

A strange phenomenon in rural Australia is single vehicle , single occupant car crashes...often hitting a tree. Suicide but never reported as such.

There was an inquest in London the other day, and the young man had jumped from a rooftop restaurant called Coq d'Argent, verdict: suicide.

It then transpired that he is the sixth to jump from there since late 2012.

As a lot of TV readers only read TV, it is their belief that Thailand is the only place people commit suicide.

RIP

A tall bottle of chang to steady the nerves no different as a last smoke before the firing squad. RIP

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk