Chinese tour guide loses 60K in Pattaya baht bus theft

webfact

Chinese tour guide loses 60K in baht bus theft

ctg.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Chinese tour guide got a nasty shock when he came to pay his bill at a Central, Pattaya, restaurant on Thursday.

His fancy crocodile skin wallet had been lifted from his bag.

Mr Liu Tong, 29, told police that he suspected it had been stolen while he rode on a song thaew (baht bus) to the South Pattaya department store.

Apart from the wallet and documents he lost 20,000 baht in cash and an iPhone in the theft worth a total of 60,000 baht. He gave investigating officers a description of the person he thought had been responsible.

tvn.png
-- 2016-04-29

Ironic that Chinese on zero-dollar tours have phones that apparently cost 40k baht.

why is it any more ironic than Thais who also have phones that apparently cost 40k baht ( through courtesy of money from a loan shark)

and who occasionally even have to take it to the pawnshop when the money gets tight?rolleyes.gif

Ironic that Chinese on zero-dollar tours have phones that apparently cost 40k baht.

why is it any more ironic than Thais who also have phones that apparently cost 40k baht ( through courtesy of money from a loan shark)

and who occasionally even have to take it to the pawnshop when the money gets tight?rolleyes.gif

I just find it ironic OK...whenever relatively poor people have a personal electronic device that costs the equilivent of several months pay. It's the same when I see sex-workers with phones that cost 2x or more than mine ?

More fool him,silly naive and downright stupid.Did he not do any research about his holiday destination before coming here.Or was he too busy grabbing the Shrimp from some hotel breakfast room.Ive no sympathy for the likes of these people,who virtually put them selves on offer to the thieves in this country.Common sense alone,tells you,keep all your money in your pocket and keep your hand on or in it.Make sure you look around you when you sit down,as to whom you are sitting next to.

And it pays to keep your bag on your lap,and even put a small lock on it.I think the 20.000 is a bit Tom Pepper.It seems all out victims lately have lost 20.000?is this the amount the insurance company's will pay up to?

And i bet the fancy,crocodile skin wallet was one that he bought off of an 'honest joe' vendor on the beach..What a bargain for 50 baht.And whats he doing with a crocodile skin wallet any way? well maybe the Crocodile got the last laugh!

In Pattaya, expect the best and the worst of human interactions, from the sublime to the ridicules

and to the downright dangers and loss of life....

I don't think theft is restricted to Pattaya, all cities have thieves, including the one you come from.