Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the German press (24/4) the attackers have been all arrested and are currently facing trial without bail. The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel.

It is also disgusting seeing all those people's around doing nothing.

Lawless country really.

" The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel. "

It’s also in every British newspaper, most of the Australian newspapers and even the Huffington Post as well as RT television and BBC news- just what the TAT don’t needfacepalm.gif

I was with some friends in Bali the other week and the subject of violence of locals against tourists came up. I asked how many foreign tourists got murdered each year. They had to think very hard and thought it may only be 1 or 2 maximum. Quite different to the Land of Smiles.

Bali has different breed of visitors. Again, these English drunks are trash, and Thailand is popular with trash, cuz trash likes seediness and cheap... The headkick is low (pun intended) but I see an old woman hitting a guy in the face... ? ? ?

They're actually Welsh people, they might not like being referred to as English! (or as trash!).thumbsup.gif

Many rich un-trashy people (I know some), like cheap seediness too! They just see the virtue in keeping it secretw00t.gifshock1.gif

Google: Cynthia Payne/Miss Whiplash, and look who her customers were, very untrashy people!

They're actually Scottish but live in Wales and he is a manager in a company but don't that let stop you slagging them off.

Lewis said he was not sure why they were attacked.

“I didn’t know them, it was just random,” he said.

It wasn't 'random', they were beaten up because the mother slapped one Thai man in the face and the father punched another one while the son held him from behind. The clip being shown in the UK edits out all this, but it can be seen clearly in the full clip that the Brits throw the first punches.

tongue.png Who'd a thunk it?

I am really sad to read this I own a home in Thailand and have been coming over at least twice a year for over 30 years. My sons have been coming since baby's and now young men who still visit often.they have never had any trouble with Thai gangs only once and it was with a drunk European. This happens on the streets all over Europe older people getting mugged for a few pence. It was a terrible shocking attack and it seems for no reason.But the bad press the Thailand is getting is just not fair. I am a older woman with a lot of young Thai friends and they are really respectful to older people. You get a bad element fuelled by drink and drugs everywhere on the streets of the U.K. Every weekend we just need to have the CCTV reported to see how bad it is. I wish them all a speedy recovery and sad they won't return to such a lovely country.

There has been much discussion of who started it and whether this can happen anywhere. I believe we are looking at an incident in 2 parts. The first part is the altercation between 2 Thais and the British family which probably could happen anywhere given the right circumstances. The second part is the horrific, seemingly unprovoked kick in the face of the mother. I doubt something of this viciousness would happen in many places and seems to me symptomatic of something really frightening. It looks very much like a hate crime as was mentioned previously and I am deeply concerned of where this might lead should what passes for law and order here really does collapse as some fear.

I am really sad to read this I own a home in Thailand and have been coming over at least twice a year for over 30 years. My sons have been coming since baby's and now young men who still visit often.they have never had any trouble with Thai gangs only once and it was with a drunk European. This happens on the streets all over Europe older people getting mugged for a few pence. It was a terrible shocking attack and it seems for no reason.But the bad press the Thailand is getting is just not fair. I am a older woman with a lot of young Thai friends and they are really respectful to older people. You get a bad element fuelled by drink and drugs everywhere on the streets of the U.K. Every weekend we just need to have the CCTV reported to see how bad it is. I wish them all a speedy recovery and sad they won't return to such a lovely country.

" But the bad press the Thailand is getting is just not fair "

So exactly how many murders of tourists, vicious beatings of tourists, robbery of tourists, extortion of tourists does there need to be before you would consider the bad press that Thailand is getting is fair?ermm.gif

Every single days, we read stories about tourists in thailand who get

murdered,

raped,

stabbed,

heavily assaulted

thrown by the balcony

etc...

The only difference this time, we have a video. So they can not cover up as usual!

thailand is a dangerous country, share this information with your friends and family. Because the thai govt and thai police dont care. These people just want our money!

murdered,

raped,

stabbed,

heavily assaulted

thrown by the balcony

etc...

The only difference this time, we have a video.

thailand is a dangerous country, share this information with your friends and family. Because the thai govt and thai police dont care. These people just want our money!

Yes, but don't those sort of violent activities go on in most countries around the world?

Mass shootings (at least one a year in the U.S)

Heavy assaults (on the streets of most Australian capital cities, and like the goons in HH, alcohol fuelled)

The tennis player (her name escapes me) who was stabbed.

Rapes (what country doesn't have rapes?)

oh..and you left out young kids being lured onto railway lines (after being assaulted) to meet their death.

There is danger just about everywhere squire, not only Thailand.

According to the German press (24/4) the attackers have been all arrested and are currently facing trial without bail. The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel.

It is also disgusting seeing all those people's around doing nothing.

Lawless country really.

" The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel. "

It’s also in every British newspaper, most of the Australian newspapers and even the Huffington Post as well as RT television and BBC news- just what the TAT don’t needfacepalm.gif

Just as long as Thainess is reflected in the dress code authorities don't mind what is shown.

murdered,

raped,

stabbed,

heavily assaulted

thrown by the balcony

etc...

Yes, but don't those sort of violent activities go on in most countries around the world?

Heavy assaults (on the streets of most Australian capital cities, and like the goons in HH, alcohol fuelled)

oh..and you left out young kids being lured onto railway lines (after being assaulted) to meet their death.

complete garbage!

Countries like USA, Spain, France, China get a least 2 fold more tourists than thailand.

But did you ever heard that a tourist was shot dead in the street of Barcelona, or a tourist was beaten to death in San Francisco, or a tourist was abducted for a ransom in Paris, or a whole family was lynched by a mob in Shangai??? NEVER!!!

In thailand, every single day, we read horror crimes on tourists!

Here the thai apologists claims UK is more dangerous. So why you just only have 500 murders in the UK per year? When in Bangkok alone you certainly have more murders than in the whole United Kingdom.

ps : Fact, thailand has been officially classifieds as a dangerous destination( i posted the link recently)

murdered,

raped,

stabbed,

heavily assaulted

thrown by the balcony

etc...

complete garbage!

Countries like USA, Spain, France, China get a least 2 fold more tourists than thailand.

But did you ever heard that a tourist was shot dead in the street of Barcelona, or a tourist was beaten to death in San Francisco, or a tourist was abducted for a ransom in Paris, or a whole family was lynched by a mob in Shangai??? NEVER!!!

Here the thai apologists claims UK is more dangerous. So why you just only have 500 murders in the UK per year? When in Bangkok alone you certainly have more murders than in the whole United Kingdom.

ps : Fact, thailand as been classifieds as a dangrous destination( i posted the link recently)

Beaten to death in San Francisco. Lucky fella!

Tourist Warning should begin: "All Drunks Beware"......

Common sense would not to get drunk enough to impair your judgement.

Which in this case, all 3 tourist didn't drink an alcoholic beverage all night, per the perfect son's own statement.

Which makes this family a bigger bunch of moron's!!

At least they had an excuse for acting so stupid..

Now they have no excuse, but just

being a bunch of punk tourist that got whooped by drunk people they assumed would bow down to the all mighty tourist..

Punching and kicking an old woman in the face.

You got to admire the bravery of Thai-men... !!!

Great publicity for Hua Hin and tourism in Thailand. Can't wait to read the next article about the growning economy and the tourist sectors never ending constant growth.

The Thai government must give these attackers severe jail time as it will be widely publicized in the UK papers and will do the Thai tourist industry no good at all. I find Thai people very friendly and peaceful so this attack must be alcohol fueled. In the video one (man) in a black shirt can be seen kicking the woman's head, he should be made an example of and definitely go to prison.

Alcohol does not make someone bad. It only stops them from exercising self restraint. If they were peaceful and kind to the core, then being drunk would not cause them to do sucker punches to the face or kicks to the head when an old women is trying to get up off the ground.

The only blame one can put on alcohol is that it showed their true colours.

apart from the kick to the face they got what was coming, the video on the uk guardian is edited to paint a certain picture, luckily you can see the full version elsewhere, you can clearly see who actually does what first, if you still deny that then best pack up you bags and return to you home towns where this type of thing never happens every weekend.

Both parties were to blame...the thais to a much larger extent for crossing every line on civilised behaviour.

You are always going to have scum like this in hooker zones....and loads of normal people who arent there for pussy....these people need protection.

This is a big failure of policing as well.

Bad element everywhere they are making out it is really unsafe no more than here in the UK. Thailand for me has been safe for over 30 years just my view on it. I have friends that got mugged and beaten up on the streets of London they are over 70 never did see anything in the Press . So you see it happens all over the world.Best thing to do is if you feel unsafe pick a different holiday destination if you can find one anywhere in the world that will be safe. So yeah sticking to my Guns still don't think it's fair. Daily Mail hates Thailand always looking for bad press for it's own reasons if that had happened anywhere else it would not have been the headlines in the paper for sure. Oh sorry for the spelling mistake slip of the finger you must be a teacher.

Whichever version of the video you watch, people around the world will be left with one lasting image. That of the woman being kicked in the face. I know it's been said before, many times but Thailand really does need to be seen to be taking this seriously.

murdered,

raped,

stabbed,

heavily assaulted

thrown by the balcony

etc...

complete garbage!

ps : Fact, thailand has been officially classifieds as a dangerous destination( i posted the link recently)

So what you are saying is that tourists are left alone in every country apart from Thailand?...complete garbage...get a grip...a Brazilian tourist was tazered in Sydney (and died)...Tourists have been killed in Tunisia, Egypt.......and don't tell me no tourist has been the victim in the good old U.S. of A.? As for the murders in Bangkok, well I'm pretty sure that's mostly Thai on Thai, not good but they have to deal with that in the same way Americans have to deal with killing (upwards of 10,000) each other per annum.

Archived