Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

EGO on both sides

should have just walked away

http://stv.tv/news/scotland/1352193-scots-family-attacked-and-beaten-by-gang-in-thailand/

"According to the account, "gangs of Thai youths were priming themselves to start punching Westerners" in the area before the attack."

This wasn't a "walk away" situation. The Thais wanted blood and they got it.

In the video it's clear the guy was harassing someone else who just kept walking and then he turned after the british guy brushed up against him. He didn't even see the attack coming. He was walking away.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i had known, what i now know about Thailand, when i first came here 10 years ago, i would never have stayed.

Unless one is interested in sex tourism , countries like Thailand, Cambodia and the Philippines should be avoided .

There are far more decent countries to visit like Sri Lanka or Malaysia for example.

Thailand has sunk into a rotten hole of corruption, violence and hateful jealously, particularly in and around the coastal tourist areas with island murders (unsolved) jet ski scams with more violence, and multiple rip offs. All overseen by the ultra corrupt lazy RTP. With the country under control of the ever hopelessly inefficient Military Junta, whose left hand does not appear to know what its right hand is doing at any given time.facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

What was said? Did the young lad start it? Did the dad push it? Did the mum egg the dad on?

Certainly have to arrest the scum that did this, but why did they do it?

Without proof or any news in this article about that we do not know why the scum did it.

Maybe drunk, maybe on drugs?

Maybe the dad said he would kill the kids?

Love to comment further, but until FACTS are released I cannot.

Just thinking about this vicious attack by these low life's in Thailand ....

You never read or see this kind of hatred in the Philippines.

I have never ever heard of Philippinos hating expats .... so why Thailand ?

I have lived here in Thailand for 11 years, and have also spent a lot of time in The Philippines with work over the last 16 or so years, and I cwrtainly woupdnt consider The Philippines a safe place, even my Filipino friends would agree on that. Both countries have significant social problems, and lawlessness.

I like countriws very much, but neither is the same as what is shown on the tourist tin. Thee is a lot of unreported stuff with crimes against foreigners here in Thailand, and I certainly dont think The Phils is vastly different.

What is alarming, is the total lack of efrort by Thai authorities to deal with this stuff properly and transparently. This is tantamount to giving these packs of Somchais permission to do what they wish, as the consequences are just not there.

I have seen first hand how violence can erupt very quickly, for no justifiable reason. This savage attack is not reflective of Thais as a whole, but there is a significant minority who think they can do as they please.

The apologies are hollow and fake, and TAT should shove thier bouquets where the sun dont shine.

R.I.P Thailand. This could be the last nail in the coffin for western tourists. Its a shame because these folks were regular visitors to the Kingdom. Thailand, you can enjoy the low rent Chinese mobs from now on. There's billions of them.

I'm not sure how the Chinese state will respond to its nationals being attacked. Certainly if they were looking for an incident it wouldn't be wise to give them one. They're already beating up Vietnamese fisherman. Being seen not to protect people holding Chinese passports would be unwise. The Chinese communist party is already been pushed into things by nationalist bloggers who step out of line but who can't easily be silenced because they show appropriate nationalist indignation.

The police refused to show them the CCTV footage. Good thing there is a site called You Tube they can access from any smart phone.

Numpty.

What a great opportunity for Myanmar or Vietnam to offer this family a week paid holiday after this ordeal. Boost their numbers and get new British tourists.

Totally agree. Clearly they were just ordinary people who come from a country where people can talk and even argue their problems out without fear of violence. Any man, absolutely any man who will punch a 65 year old lady in the face knocking her unconscious is a disgusting human being, not a man and a complete and utter coward.

I dont condone violence, i hate it but I have to say if he had done that in my country, in the middle of a busy street he would be lucky to get out alive and I would understand the beating he got.

All of those cowards should be locked up and the key well and truly lost at sea.

The only good news that has come out of this is that everyone is ok.

A sad day for Thailand, very sad.

I telll all my friends and family not come here because the place is full of savages that should be put down

If you are from the UK, I would bet that there are a lot more of these savages in your nearest city than there are in any Thai city.

I've seen plenty of planet of the apes violence in the UK. The thing that does slightly disconcert me, however, is how every single Thai seems to know to connect with the solid bones in the shin or ankle.

Whilst I have every sympathy would the family have held on to a drunken Brit in the UK and slapped them, I don't think so, why do it in a foreign country ?

People forget Thailand is a 3rd World Country life is cheap and they don't actually like us very much only the money we spend here, at every opportunity they like to give us a 'kick' wether it be in your wallet or in your face !

I telll all my friends and family not come here because the place is full of savages that should be put down

If you are from the UK, I would bet that there are a lot more of these savages in your nearest city than there are in any Thai city.

I've seen plenty of planet of the apes violence in the UK. The thing that does slightly disconcert me, however, is how every single Thai seems to know to connect with the solid bones in the shin or ankle.

Muay Thai is an integral part of Thainess.

Thank goodness the British media and others have well publicized this tragic and brutal attack.

Yes. Let this be a warning to tourists not to push, slap and punch Thai guys because they can be brutal when provoked.

Yep providing they outnumber you and are battling old pensioners. Brave heroes aren't they just.

Very well said! wai.gif

and the sad thing is it cannot, possibly, be 'Thais' it must be alcohol! well I have news for you I have been well plastered 100s times in my life and never, ever have I attacked anyone let alone foreign pensioners!

STOP the excuses and take some RESPONSIBILITY Thailand

Lewis said he was not sure why they were attacked.

I didnt know them, it was just random, he said.

It wasn't 'random', they were beaten up because the mother slapped one Thai man in the face and the father punched another one while the son held him from behind. The clip being shown in the UK edits out all this, but it can be seen clearly in the full clip that the Brits throw the first punches.

Do you have the video? We would like to see this because The USA news also shows the Thais chased and pursued the Brits

Timing and description from my post above is taken from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsbE7Gku5iU

But that is not the full video: it edits out the full kick to the face of the mother as she is trying to stand, ie the most appalling bit of the whole thing.

Thank goodness the British media and others have well publicized this tragic and brutal attack.

Yes. Let this be a warning to tourists not to push, slap and punch Thai guys because they can be brutal when provoked.

+1

From my own experience, you are more likely to get into a fight in the UK etc, but once you do get into a fight in Thailand you are much more likely to die/suffer terrible injuries.

It is quite scary to see how relatively common it is for people to turn into instant psychopaths when provoked.

People like the cowards in the video need to be sucker punched, pushed, humiliated and b-itch slapped until they are humble. Then they should be paraded through the streets to wai all foreign tourists and perhaps through in a bit of feet kissing as icing on the cake

An unexplainable rage seems to simmer just below the surface in Thailand...against foreigners...

The frequency of attacks and killing appears to have increased year by year...

The only attack I experienced in Thailand...was a constant attack against my pocket book by over-pricing...getting the farang treatment almost at every turn...

Now happily an EX...ex-pat...relieved of the daily grind of insane traffic, corrupt dealings, heat, and living in a country that many...if not most...do not want you there or respect you as a person...

I would probably return for a visit...but the airlines refitting the planes to resemble a cattle-car or a sardine can...keeps me satisfied to spend money at home...

It must be getting harder to hold the position of the Thai Apologist...country seems to be going downhill rather rapidly...

Sadly this can happen EVERYWHERE, even in England and it does.

ITs not good but its like that, long live humankind

wrong time , wrong place

Hope they will recover soon

Rubbish. Yes people can be mugged and robbed anywhere but in England where i am from the idea that mean brutally punch and kick a clearly old and defensless lady in the middle of a busy street is unheard of.

The mentality here is almost condoning violence against women, there seems to be little if any moral code towards men not hitting women, not ever. If you look that woman was punched directly in the face, knocked down and then got a very vicious kick the head when she raised it from the floor dazed, she is lucky to be alive.

I have not even mentioned the cowardly attack on the elderly gentleman and their son.

I am 100% convinced that in England in the middle of the day dozens, if not hundreds of people would have intervened and stopped these animals. And as i stated earlier they would have been lucky to get away alive...

No doubt TAT, the PM, his government and assorted relevant departments assume it'll all blow under the carpet, that social media can be controlled, and that the TAT can continue to magic figures out of the ether and most will believe them.

Unfortunately, it seems reality is now lurking, ready to kick them all in the a__e.

I started visiting Thailand in 2008, I fell in love with the place, but on each subsequent trip things would happen that made it less and less appealing. Whether it be attacustomized on farangs, constant stops by traffic police, unfriendly shop keepers, you name it. It was a trend. No place is perfect but once I visited the Philippines I never looked back. A country full of the nicest most polite and accommodating people I've ever seen. Next stops will be Vietnam, Laos, etc. If you are an older retiree, have your circle of farang friends, coffee buddies, Thailand can be great, I've seen that. But it's become a less and less safe place if you fancy a night on the town.

One thing that is typical and not surprising is how people nearby were watching arms folded. I seen it before in Thailand. When someone is in distress and attacked its a case of "nothing to do with me"

And thats true of women and children attacked. Says something about the place!

Numerous bystanders assisted the victims as soon as safe to do so. It was a kind effort to help them and call for help.

Yeah it bugs me that people bash the Thai bystanders. <deleted> were they supposed to do? Getting involved only brings attention to them. Unless you are a super ninja, the only thing you can do is wait then offer assistance and call for help.

I see British clowns and Thai clowns. The kicking while down is wrong but TIT. it's their culture to fight like that and as proven in the clip it's highly efficient...

Just when you think this forum couldn't possibly be host to posts as truly moronic as this, up comes another one to prove you wrong. For your information, THAIS regularly get beaten and shot for nothing more than simply looking 'at someone funny'. 'Their culture'. Racist prick.

I see British clowns and Thai clowns. The kicking while down is wrong but TIT. it's their culture to fight like that and as proven in the clip it's highly efficient...

Just when you think this forum couldn't possibly be host to poss as truly moronic as this, up comes another one to prove you wrong. For your information, THAIS regularly get beaten, shot for nothing more than simply looking 'at someone funny'. 'Their culture'. Racist prick.

Angry birds, jai yen yen.

I've been attacked before. Mo chit bus terminal and up country. Both times the police turned up. Blamed me, then waited until the bus left with me on it. To be honest I was drinking and might have encouraged a kicking, but to fight is a release and I enjoyed it for a while until I started losing. Alcohol is a dangerous drug. You think you are invincible. But your not. Still I had some cuts and bruises and my wife played merry hell with me but I <deleted> enjoyed it. Maybe I am just as bad as these Thai p heads. But old woman or woman in general is like hitting children. No behave. Time to eat fish head soup for a few years.

Archived