Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

65 year and 68 year old set upon by young cowards, these pathetic excuses for human beings should be put away for a very long time. Can't believe someone would do something like this to an old women of 65 and an old man of 68 makes me sick to the stomach. Regardless of what started it this is really no excuse, should be made an example of.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see British clowns and Thai clowns. The kicking while down is wrong but TIT. it's their culture to fight like that and as proven in the clip it's highly efficient...

Just when you think this forum couldn't possibly be host to poss as truly moronic as this, up comes another one to prove you wrong. For your information, THAIS regularly get beaten, shot for nothing more than simply looking 'at someone funny'. 'Their culture'. Racist prick.

Angry birds, jai yen yen.

See you're still hitting the piss as per your following post, then coffee1.gif

It happened in Thailand. Saying it might happen elsewhere, particularly the UK, is therefore superfluous. Thailand has to deal with the situation at hand.

Thais are quite shocked by these events as well and they all simultaneously stopped lecturing foreigners about how Thais respect elderlies so much more than foreigners.

They also wish it would never happen again and hope (or pray) the government might do something productive to ensure events such as these happen no more. Wishful thinking I guess. The good news is, that we all want the same.

Lewis said he was not sure why they were attacked.

“I didn’t know them, it was just random,” he said.

It wasn't 'random', they were beaten up because the mother slapped one Thai man in the face and the father punched another one while the son held him from behind. The clip being shown in the UK edits out all this, but it can be seen clearly in the full clip that the Brits throw the first punches.

Shows how little their repeated visits here have taught them about Thai attitudes to violence.

I telll all my friends and family not come here because the place is full of savages that should be put down

If you are from the UK, I would bet that there are a lot more of these savages in your nearest city than there are in any Thai city.

I've seen plenty of planet of the apes violence in the UK. The thing that does slightly disconcert me, however, is how every single Thai seems to know to connect with the solid bones in the shin or ankle.

Yes. Try telling a liquored-up northern lager lout to pi55 off or pull his head in and see where it leads to.......

I didnt know them, it was just random, he said.

It wasn't 'random', they were beaten up because the mother slapped one Thai man in the face and the father punched another one while the son held him from behind. The clip being shown in the UK edits out all this, but it can be seen clearly in the full clip that the Brits throw the first punches.

Shows how little their repeated visits here have taught them about Thai attitudes to violence.

I very much doubt they get attacked on their usual visits.

I didnt know them, it was just random, he said.

I very much doubt they get attacked on their usual visits.

Indeed. Thailand is now caught up in a top down slew of unprecedented shows of nationalism and xenophobia. It's neurosis is gathering pace. When in 'fright' mode, the rats turn on one another.

I telll all my friends and family not come here because the place is full of savages that should be put down

If you are from the UK, I would bet that there are a lot more of these savages in your nearest city than there are in any Thai city.

I've seen plenty of planet of the apes violence in the UK. The thing that does slightly disconcert me, however, is how every single Thai seems to know to connect with the solid bones in the shin or ankle.

Every single Thai?? Don't you mean in groups of five or six? Even at that, in most cases one of them would have been provoked, he comes at you, you retaliate and the rest join in.

I still say that if you stay sober and mind your own business, you should be OK.

I have said it before and I will say it again now for those that were not listening.

These people do not like us.

What part don't you understand?

Those of us that live in the villages and speak the language have learned never to allow them to get around behind you.

When this kind of thing happens in our Western homelands, (as it does sometimes) do we condemn the whole population/country because of it?

Many millions of people holiday in Thailand every year and have nothing but good times/memories.

So would the 2 lads at Koh Tao, if they were still alive.

It's good the holidayers don't know, just keep it that way Andrew.

Songkran, friends, is a free ticket for a small percentage of xenophobic hateful thugs to attack foreigners at will to let out all their pent up hostilities.

Because of small aggressions I experienced some 20 years ago, I learned to not go out during this "holiday".

i agree 100%

I was also taken as target once during songkran a few years back.

Nothing serious, but I fell it was a day of letting some of the steam out and for some, xenophobia was part of it.

The scary part was that it was accepted, like it was OK to harass the farang just because it was Songkran.

I now stay home or leave the country.

Can Thai authorities find Burmese migrants to blame it on? No? Darn, that video. Ok, the perps were caught, but they're Thai, so they get out on wimpy bail. Flight risk? Naww. Plus they were drunk. Thais can excuse anything on account of being drunk. Indeed, drunkenness is funny, ha ha ha. Here, have some more Johnny Walker, the most used bribe drink in Thailand, ha ha ha. Let the punks out the back door, ha ha ha. They said they'll be good and won't do it again, ha ha ha.

Thank goodness the British media and others have well publicized this tragic and brutal attack.

Yes. Let this be a warning to tourists not to push, slap and punch Thai guys because they can be brutal when provoked.

Do you have any idea what was being spit back in Mrs' Owens face from the drunk Thai with the bottle in his left hand? No question that you watch what you do here but when you are in the midst of a large body of people meandering along(during Songkran) someone is going to get "brushed". Just so happens it was easy to take it out on a family of older folks.

No worries, some reports say that some of the merry makers have been bailed which is ok since the law allows that in many cases. What are the bail terms? No matter, in the long run the family just wants to get out of Thailand and these guys will be right back at it, gathering at their favorite spot and gloating over their achievements.

What disturbs me as much as the attack itself, is the efforts by some "members" of this forum to justify and condone this attack!

Are they the Thai equivalent of the Chinese "50 centers" ? - i,e. they are paid 50 cents to per post to "promote" Thailand and disagree with those that don't.

2 minutes and 26 seconds of video CCTV footage that by now half the population of the Earth has watched. I would like to know how many news articles, forums, blogs, tweets, Facebook, and other media this news story has been featured in. Just googling Thailand the past couple of days and this same story is being reported all over the world.

Thaivisa has in my opinion brought huge awareness to the plight of this families tragic night out and justice will be served, thanks to Thaivisa. Not sure whose in charge of Thaivisa, George or Johnathon, whoever, thank you. Good job!

According to the German press (24/4) the attackers have been all arrested and are currently facing trial without bail. The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel.

It is also disgusting seeing all those people's around doing nothing.

Lawless country really.

One thing that is typical and not surprising is how people nearby were watching arms folded. I seen it before in Thailand. When someone is in distress and attacked its a case of "nothing to do with me"

And thats true of women and children attacked. Says something about the place!

No, it says something about the world.

Soccer kicking a grandmother in the face while she is down is something that one just never imagines anyone would ever be capable of doing. It is making world news in a hurry and won't be forgotten easily by anyone.

Yeah, kinda like the 2 teenage Thai boys that kicked the pregnant Thai woman off her bike, breaking her leg. Then proceeded to drag her into the bushes and rape her, even though she begged them to stop because she was pregnant.

But that story didn't get much play, did it? Guess it wasn't so important as she was merely a Thai.

Strange how farang seem to prioritise things in their own favour, makes me wanna puke!

And yeah, I'm English, and not proud of it! Seen enough Brits on the piss to last me a lifetime…

The attack on the tourists is such big news because there is a video of the attack, and it is very graphic and very disturbing.

Take away the CCTV footage and the current feeling of disgust and outrage does not exist in the same way.

According to the German press (24/4) the attackers have been all arrested and are currently facing trial without bail. The video was showing during prime time on a German News Channel.

It is also disgusting seeing all those people's around doing nothing.

Lawless country really.

I thought an earlier post mentioned they all were released on bail?

As the Prime Minister gives great importance to Thailands image it will be interesting to seevthe outcome of this. He needs to oversee this.

The TAT posing with a bunch of flowers in a photograph is really not enough.

They don't care anymore.

I am sure he won't even mention it.

China is buying Thailand the rest does not matter.

bystanders.....that are just that BYSTANDERS some of the guys there surly could have jumped in to break it up....and thugs that don't have respect for others especially people that cant really defend themselves just shows how stupid saving face can be.....just looking for trouble after drinking and are in an overwhelming group.....these thugs need to be sent a very public message and punished. Without tourism these places would vanish...then they can beat up each other for food scraps. The wrong sort of people are now encroaching on places like Phuket etc....looking to make a quick buck and getting very frustrated when they realize it isn't as easy as they first thought.....Thailand show these men that you cant do this ...make them understand....and a speedy recovery to the injured

Dave, you need help, really - and quit the booze first.

Hahaha! Why? Because I believe that it's time that all scum in this country need some quality gulag time? Strange, really. I come up with a great solution and you say I should quit the booze. Not friendly at all. Time for my first beer this week cheeky biggrin.png

Songkran, friends, is a free ticket for a small percentage of xenophobic hateful thugs to attack foreigners at will to let out all their pent up hostilities.

Because of small aggressions I experienced some 20 years ago, I learned to not go out during this "holiday".

i agree 100%

I was also taken as target once during songkran a few years back.

Nothing serious, but I fell it was a day of letting some of the steam out and for some, xenophobia was part of it.

The scary part was that it was accepted, like it was OK to harass the farang just because it was Songkran.

I now stay home or leave the country.

jup. me too, i hate THAI songkran (especially when compared with its Burmese equivalent). the atmosphere gets a little too <deleted>-up and infantile here. mass hysteria. group behaviour. scary..............

Archived