Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

After watching the video numerous times; it's obvious the sidewalk in disrepair is to blame.

I think it's the Bars in the area. Close down the bars, deport all the usual customers - problem solved... no more sad stories to read on TV...

Your post wins; mine- even with the sidewalk barb, was not as silly as yours. :-)

I wasn't being silly, unlike the sidewalk, this could actually be the only permanent solution for the problems in the area... If you want to clean the garbage out - you have to strike at the root cause of it, otherwise the garbage keeps coming back :)

And it's no fairy tale either, I think there's a possibility that this policy might be implemented in this country sooner than you think... But the fact is I probably won't even notice it... except that it will a lot quieter and safer in the streets at night... or in public areas in general...

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That clip is clearly edited, it jumps a frame or two when the push occurs.

Also prior to the push/shove, the two Thai guys can clearly been seen to be agitated at 03-05 seconds the guy in white is trying to hold the guy in black from heading off to the right, there's another guy in the green also looks like they're having words with black shirt guy.

The girl behind them has something to do with them, as she's paying attention to what's going on between the other guys as is the guy behind her in the red top.

The tourist does not even come close to pushing the guy, he does what many people do is to hold out an arm to keep someone you don't want to invade your private space, it doesn't appear to be malicious in intent.

At the 1.00 mark, you can see a crowd of presumably Thais gathering around the woman, anyone who would not find this in itself very intimidating is a liar.

The guy in white, clearly agitated from the confrontation between 03-05 seconds doesn't see it that way.

The guy who claimed the Brit was so drunk, he fell over his own feet, clearly doesn't look at the gait of the guy prior to being shoved. He looks like he's walking like everyone else, nothing uneasy about him at all.

You can see the old woman is wondering <deleted> he did that for, White shirt already agitated isn't having any of it.

You can see she's not happy, her body language doesn't portray any sort of aggression either.

NOBODY knows what was said to the old woman for her to slap the guy, only her and the guy, everything else is mere conjecture.It also looks like the guy in white also has his hands n the woman's arms at this point you can see the two British males looking on, again, body language doesn't portray that they were out to cause a fight.

at 1.00 you can see a crowd of presumably Thai's gathering around the woman, anyone who wouldn't find that intimidating and frightening on its own is a liar.

at 1:09-1:15 you can see the father and son move into the jostling group, again NOBODY here knows what was said, and it still doesn't look Brit aggression

At 1:15 you can see more jostling and pushing, again, numbers wise, would be very difficult to say who was doing what, but the two Brits are now in the thick of it, son restrains a guy, but daddy decides to have a pop.... maybe NOT the smartest thing to to, but again, NONE of us were there to hear what was being said..

at 1:17 another guy can be seen punching the woman in the face, a smaller Thai guy, standing beside the guy in white.

at 1:30 right out of the blue, a guy pole axes the father from the side with a sucker punch. The father wasn't amid the tussle with his wife again at that time. Again he's only looking on, body language does not portray he's about to get aggressive, if anything again, he looks like he's unable to go to help his wife.

Then the kicks start flying by the sucker punch guy, the son in the baseball cap is STILL not in the group now scrapping, red shirt and stripe shirt giving it big licks

at 1:38 the sons looks and gestures with his body language <deleted> !! Why did you do that to the sucker punch guy.

at 1:39 the mother also confronts him and gets knocked out by the same sucker punch guy

at 1:40 the son gets knocked to the ground by the same guy..

Up till this point, I cannot see any sort of aggression coming from the family apart from the old lady's slap.

What follows is nothing short of disgusting, and the Thai apologists need to have a long good hard look in their mirror, as do the ones who said they deserved it .

Also prior to the push/shove, the two Thai guys can clearly been seen to be agitated at 03-05 seconds the guy in white is trying to hold the guy in black from heading off to the right, there's another guy in the green also looks like they're having words with black shirt guy.

The girl behind them has something to do with them, as she's paying attention to what's going on between the other guys as is the guy behind her in the red top.

The tourist does not even come close to pushing the guy, he does what many people do is to hold out an arm to keep someone you don't want to invade your private space, it doesn't appear to be malicious in intent.

At the 1.00 mark, you can see a crowd of presumably Thais gathering around the woman, anyone who would not find this in itself very intimidating is a liar.

The guy in white, clearly agitated from the confrontation between 03-05 seconds doesn't see it that way.

The guy who claimed the Brit was so drunk, he fell over his own feet, clearly doesn't look at the gait of the guy prior to being shoved. He looks like he's walking like everyone else, nothing uneasy about him at all.

You can see the old woman is wondering <deleted> he did that for, White shirt already agitated isn't having any of it.

You can see she's not happy, her body language doesn't portray any sort of aggression either.

NOBODY knows what was said to the old woman for her to slap the guy, only her and the guy, everything else is mere conjecture.It also looks like the guy in white also has his hands n the woman's arms at this point you can see the two British males looking on, again, body language doesn't portray that they were out to cause a fight.

at 1.00 you can see a crowd of presumably Thai's gathering around the woman, anyone who wouldn't find that intimidating and frightening on its own is a liar.

at 1:09-1:15 you can see the father and son move into the jostling group, again NOBODY here knows what was said, and it still doesn't look Brit aggression

At 1:15 you can see more jostling and pushing, again, numbers wise, would be very difficult to say who was doing what, but the two Brits are now in the thick of it, son restrains a guy, but daddy decides to have a pop.... maybe NOT the smartest thing to to, but again, NONE of us were there to hear what was being said..

at 1:17 another guy can be seen punching the woman in the face, a smaller Thai guy, standing beside the guy in white.

at 1:30 right out of the blue, a guy pole axes the father from the side with a sucker punch. The father wasn't amid the tussle with his wife again at that time. Again he's only looking on, body language does not portray he's about to get aggressive, if anything again, he looks like he's unable to go to help his wife.

Then the kicks start flying by the sucker punch guy, the son in the baseball cap is STILL not in the group now scrapping, red shirt and stripe shirt giving it big licks

at 1:38 the sons looks and gestures with his body language <deleted> !! Why did you do that to the sucker punch guy.

at 1:39 the mother also confronts him and gets knocked out by the same sucker punch guy

Up till this point, I cannot see any sort of aggression coming from the family apart from the old lady's slap.

What follows is nothing short of disgusting, and the Thai apologists need to have a long good hard look in their mirror, as do the ones who said they deserved it .

Yes this is what I see on the video.

yeah amazing,

its only here on thaivisa, the thai apologists try to put the blame for starting a fight on a 65 yo grandmother ,

because on the thai social media, everybody agree the thai thugs are nasty piece of sh!t.

After watching the video numerous times; it's obvious the sidewalk in disrepair is to blame.

I think it's the Bars in the area. Close down the bars, deport all the usual customers - problem solved... no more sad stories to read on TV...

Close the bars? What sense does that make? If you are serious about solving the violence problem in Thailand, you ban sales of "fire water" to the natives.

Notice that if you ban the sale and consumption of alcohol in Thailand, the people you want to deport will NOT come to Thailand. Thus no need to deport.

"The tourist does not even come close to pushing the guy, he does what many people do is to hold out an arm to keep someone you don't want to invade your private space, it doesn't appear to be malicious in intent".

In the West yes, in Asia/Thailand, A BIG NO.

I tell you what, if you're so confident that first push by the son was nothing at all, the next time you come to Thailand I invite you to go to do the same to any Thai male who's had a few, if possible get your mates to film the reaction and when you get discharged from the hospital let us know how it went!.

Or push any group of males that do not come from a country that has been socially neutered.

Same result= a push back or fists.

Simple rule, keep your f@cking hands to yourself and off strangers, or reap the consequences.

Big brother police and 'I'll sue you" lawyers aren't here to wipe your baby bum when things go sour.

"The tourist does not even come close to pushing the guy, he does what many people do is to hold out an arm to keep someone you don't want to invade your private space, it doesn't appear to be malicious in intent".

I tell you what, if you're so confident that first push by the son was nothing at all, the next time you come to Thailand I invite you to go to do the same to any Thai male who's had a few, if possible get your mates to film the reaction and when you get discharged from the hospital let us know how it went!.

Well, you've made a good point and perhaps it's time for Western governments to issue travel warnings to their citizens. Something along the lines of "Exercise extreme caution. When the native Thais consume 'fire water' they become violent and unpredictable!"

You do understand the irony in your post?

Do you understand the concept of push, as opposed to stopping someone careering into you? one is offensive in nature, the other defensive.

I have already put my arms out to stop a group of lads barge into my wife here in Issan, it's a defensive mechanism t stop you, or your wife from being bundled over, and guess what, NOTHING, I will say again, NOTHING happened to me, or my wife, especially when my wife said for them to watch what they were doing and be careful, THEY said sorry, as they were not out to look for trouble, they were simply boisterous.

Did you not even bother looking at the video? The Thai guys were already in an agitated state when the guy put his arm out, Christ he wasn't even really looking at the guys, it was a natural reaction to protect one's self.

Now, do you think for one minute that these tourist would know that this is a big NO ?

Do you understand the concept of push, as opposed to stopping someone careering into you? one is offensive in nature, the other defensive.

I have already put my arms out to stop a group of lads barge into my wife here in Issan, it's a defensive mechanism t stop you, or your wife from being bundled over, and guess what, NOTHING, I will say again, NOTHING happened to me, or my wife, especially when my wife said for them to watch what they were doing and be careful, THEY said sorry, as they were not out to look for trouble, they were simply boisterous.

Did you not even bother looking at the video? The Thai guys were already in an agitated state when the guy put his arm out, Christ he wasn't even really looking at the guys, it was a natural reaction to protect one's self.

Now, do you think for one minute that these tourist would know that this is a big NO ?

your analysis perfectly matches mine, everyone claiming the brit pushed him and therefore started it is delusional it was not a push or a shove and there was nothing malicious or aggressive about it.The thai guys were liquored up and looking for trouble, just watch there behavior at the very beginning of the clip before any of the altercation starts

Good point, it didn't help that the HH attack occurred in a seedy area.

your analysis perfectly matches mine, everyone claiming the brit pushed him and therefore started it is delusional it was not a push or a shove and there was nothing malicious or aggressive about it.The thai guys were liquored up and looking for trouble, just watch there behavior at the very beginning of the clip before any of the altercation starts

These guys were already agitated before the guy put his arm out, the video posted the page before shows this, the cctv footage doesn't support the apologists theory the son was paralytic with drink either, his gait is that of a normal sober person, did he have a few? possibly, some people can hold their liquor better than others, some people are placid when drunk, others like a demon. Was he so drunk he fell over? doesn't look like it in that EDITED video, where you can clearly see there's frames missing from the Thai lads push. The video clearly jumps at that point.

Good point, it didn't help that the HH attack occurred in a seedy area.

This can happen ANYWHERE in the world, seedy or not, if there's a group of guys pissed off and agitated, it takes the slightest little thing to make them go from flash to bang, like a simple thing of an arm being held out to stop someone crashing into you.

What a sickening video...... My opinion of Thai men continues to

sink to lower and lower levels. Kicking a granny unconscious who

is already on the ground ? Sucker punching the other Brit ??

Well I guess the tourists should be lucky once they were already

unconscious on the ground, that the Thai " men" did not continue

to kick them in the head as the Thai security men like to do outside

Pattaya bars...

Seems like the subject will go on forever because there is disagreement.

One camp seems to think that it's okay for an old-age pensioner to receive a potentially fatal kick to the face after being knocked to the ground, in retaliation for a slap (Quote: "Karma is a bitch").

The other camp and the one I am in, says that this is a cowardly, violent and potentially life-threatening and unnecessary attack on an old person.

I'm just pleased that my moral compass dictates that I am in the camp I am in.

You are so wonderful.

clap2.gif

Police refused to show the video because it was "too violent".... this from an organisation that routinely publishes mug shots of murders, beatings, rape victims, arrests. Bit rich! What baffled me was not so much the attack but rather the gawking mob of onlookers. Not one reached out to help or stop these brutal thugs. There must be 200 of them watching 6 thai guys beat up an old couple and a kid. Bizzare. Amazing thailand.

I find it unusual that the police publish newspapers

My camp would first of all get and use some brains when going in public in Thailand. My camp would send MEN to fight battles instead of choosing to hide behind a skirt of a 70 y.o. grandmother, while utilizing it to their advantage to start their own carnage - i.e. it was the Dad who threw the first sucker puncher on a completely restrained at the time Thai man.

Since it was the British Men who chose to use their grannie as a human shield in their attack against Thai people, then why do they complain that she in the end came in the line of fire? The British troops didn't mind killing thousands of women and children in the middle East when the arabs were using them as human shields. Then why do they complain that this happens when they themselves are using the same tactic?

"It doesn't look like Brit aggression."

"right out of the blue"

This is unbelievable. You're not looking hard enough.

LOOK AGAIN.

Slow it down if you have to. Follow one person each time you watch and then you will understand what happened.

But the first one to follow is the father.

At 1:12 he punches the first Thai guy. That is naked aggression, dude. How can people not see this? (Don't want to see it, I think.)

Then follow the son.

At 1:12 he is holding black shirt #1. Black shirt #1 then wriggles free and takes revenge on the father. Not out of the blue at all.

LOOK AT IT AGAIN.

yeah amazing,

its only here on thaivisa, the thai apologists try to put the blame for starting a fight on a 65 yo grandmother ,

because on the thai social media, everybody agree the thai thugs are nasty piece of sh!t.

I have not read one reply by anyone on TV -- apologizing for the actions of the Thai's..

Some are saying she deserved it..

Some are blaming her family for starting it..

She just happened to be the individual that slapped and shoved the Thai, that resulted in her being kicked in the face..

A far cry from apologizing for the action/reaction of drunk Thai's.

And no one should apologize for the old female victim for assaulting that drunk Thai..

She should apologize to him!!

yeah amazing,

I have not read one reply by anyone on TV -- apologizing for the actions of the Thai's..

She just happened to be the individual that slapped and shoved the Thai, that resulted in her being kicked in the face..

And no one should apologize for the old female victim for assaulting that drunk Thai..

but, but, but ... she throws the first punch dry.png

ps : out of curiosity, how many fake accountS do you have on thaivisa forum????whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

yeah amazing,

If there was ever a more confusing post with regards to this incident this would be it.

She should apologise after seeing her son assaulted by a very clearly agitated and drunk young man, where you actually don't have a clue what was said to the mother, that she felt she had to slap the guy?

Tell you what, a lot of you guys seem to have lived very sheltered lives, I've seen women, sober, slap guys, because they said something they deemed offensive, I've even had a slap from a woman before after someone else touched her ass in a bar, impossible for me to have done it. as I was holding 2 drinks in my hand, and after she seen that it was impossible for me, we actually had a good laugh about it, just as well I was thick skinned and see the funny side to it.

No matter which way you look at that video, there was gross over reactions from both parties.

There's a very obvious anti British sentiment running here with some folks, as most of you are considerably silent and absent where the pissed up young Thais murdered a disabled man.

yeah amazing,

but, but, but ... she throws the first punch dry.png

ps : out of curiosity, how many fake accountS do you have on thaivisa forum????whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one who see's a pattern here thumbsup.gif

yeah amazing,

If there was ever a more confusing post with regards to this incident this would be it.

She should apologise after seeing her son assaulted by a very clearly agitated and drunk young man, where you actually don't have a clue what was said to the mother, that she felt she had to slap the guy?

Tell you what, a lot of you guys seem to have lived very sheltered lives, I've seen women, sober, slap guys, because they said something they deemed offensive, I've even had a slap from a woman before after someone else touched her ass in a bar, impossible for me to have done it. as I was holding 2 drinks in my hand, and after she seen that it was impossible for me, we actually had a good laugh about it, just as well I was thick skinned and see the funny side to it.

No matter which way you look at that video, there was gross over reactions from both parties.

There's a very obvious anti British sentiment running here with some folks, as most of you are considerably silent and absent where the pissed up young Thais murdered a disabled man.

Sheltered life?

You were actually a victim of a face slap?

And witnessed a face slap as well?

OMG.. You seen it all!

Well, don't just jump to the part where her son falls down drunk, then assume he was assaulted..

No matter what the conversation was between the old lady and Thai man was..

She slapped - shoved - attacked him FIRST!

Even worse if she just "FELT" like assaulting someone for not liking what he said.

That's it.. You know the end of the story..

And I'll have to call you liar (in advanced) if you say the woman that mistakenly slapped you, did not apologize..

Start watching the video from the beginning, instead of jumping to the part where the Son puts his arm out to brush away a potential collision between the two groups, he's not even making eye contact with the Thai guy.

I have to laugh at the Anti British Sentiment here, I'm not even British.

As for calling me a liar, not half as much as the people who are saying the Brit was so drunk, he fell over, are you in possession of the blood alcohol count to confirm this, or are you also just seeing what you want to see? I do believe in most countries, proof of intoxication, especially with a DUI has to be proven by a medical examination, and not based on simple hearsay.

As for the comment made by another poster probably using a second TVF account, wading through 10's of thousand of people, without having to use your arm to make your way through, that's a complete and utter bullshit, it's simple human nature to put your arm out, as a soccer fan who attended many games, the only way to make your way through the crowd at games is by using your arms, it's a bit like swimming in people, nice and gentle gestures and most people don't take offence to it either, when you're in a full commuter train and you have to move through people, you do so using your arms, often gently moving people aside, most people in these circumstances don't bat an eyelid.

The way some posters here are going on, the tourist hit the Thai guy with the force of a sledgehammer!!

Archived