Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack

webfact

What idiots go to a country and assault the locals? Try doing that in Brazil! your most likely dead !

And try having sex with prostitutes in UK and you'll be arrested.

What's your point again?

Prostitution isn't illegal in the UK - what are you talking about?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No real secret that the dominant Left Wing Media in the West (including Australia) has had Thailand in its sights ever since the 'Sheriff' ran Khun Taksin and his 'democratically' elected government out of dodge. They hate it.

Editing the video has been done to suit their agenda and to remove any blame or doubt whatsoever from these poor hard done-by, innocent farang tourists who were targeted in a premeditated attack by racist Thai thugs.

It suits their ongoing campaign of the demonisation of Thailand. Meanwhile the tourists just keep flooding in.

Whilst one can never condone what happened to the elderly lady. But in a drunken bar fight the Marquess of Queensberry rules are rarely, if ever, observed.

The elderly women assaulted the Thai first, in the belief she was safe from any form of retaliation as it would be totally out of character for a young Thai to respond with violence to a person of her age and gender. She was wrong.

If you wish to avoid trouble then don't put yourself in a place where you are likely to get it. Walk away. Get out.

Being 'frequent' visitors to the Kingdom they should have known better.

'Dominant Left Wing Media'. Are you serious? Murdoch a lefty? The Daily Mail - Left Wing?

No but banned here. So very anti Thai these days hardly a day goes by when they don't run a story knocking Thailand

The fact a newspaper website is banned in Thailand doesn't make Thailand right and the newspaper wrong - or do you think it does?

To all the ThaiVisa commentators advising that people stay away from Thailand, how many of you will follow your own advice and either leave Thailand, or if like most, you don't live here, will never come back to Thailand again ?

Thought so.

Leaving in August to get my MSc in the UK then emigrating to NZ where I can get on the property ladder and own land legally...
and legally marry your jumbuck.

Thailand is no country for old men......... These young Thai men

are like jackals who attack the weak, and run away from the

the strong. Well unless there are 10 jackals against one farang.

I guess incidents like this will not affect Chinese tourism, but

am fairly certain it will make a dent in Brit tourism given the

airplay it has received. At this point the best spin control

Thailand could do is have a quick trial and put the attackers

in jail for 20 years for attempted murder. But any long term

expat knows that will never happen.......

their main concern at the moment is prosecuting the person who released the footage. This is a far more serious offence and carries a prison term of 10 years for tarnishing the kingdoms reputation. Kicking an elderly female farang in the face is a minor offence. Kicking a Soi dog will get you a prison sentence but not kicking a farang.

Thailand is a great place to live. I have been married here 7 years and have two children. I have a fantastic wife. I live in the countryside in the south a few hours north of the Malay border. The Thai family treat me well. I don't go to the tourist trap areas. I don't drink in those places especially not late at night. You risk meeting bad people who are looking for trouble.

I also have a home in the UK. It is a great place too. I don't drink in places where you get people looking for trouble. Also not late a night. My home is in the countryside.

I must say that I feel much much safer in Thailand. Especially away from the big cities. In the UK there is more aggression. People looking for trouble. More confrontation. Mostly bravado. Mostly bullshit.

In Thailand if you stay away from the tourist areas, if you are not drunk in public, if you treat people with respect; then you will be OK and have a good time.

In Thailand when Thais fight then they fight to kill. They carry guns. They carry a knife.

Never fight in Thailand unless your life absolutely depends on it.

If a Thai is looking for trouble (usually they are drunk or have mental health problems) then walk away. They rarely pursue you.

Get out of the cities in Thailand and see the real Thailand. Its beautiful !

Real Thailand? What is it? A market with blue plastic chairs? A village where according to many posters who live there all kind of demented sexual stuff happens?Are you saying I live in fake Thailand because I live in Bangkok? I am confused about this statement.

Yes, I would say that you live in fake Thailand. Once you get away from all the Westernisation, the fake advertising, the western malls, the hordes of people, the tourist ghettos and find yourself as a part of the local community where people, read strangers, welcome you with a smile and a Sawasdee and want nothing in return, you will find yourself in a different world altogether. Try it someday, you might like it.

No such thing as a fake Thailand. It's all real, the good and the bad. You just choose to live in a rural area.

I personally enjoy a medium sized city like Chiang Mai, where violence does happen but it isn't as common as it is around Costal cities and BKK.

In addition to most violence happening around booze, it also seems to happen more in Costal cities which attract a lower class of Thai. Take Pattaya, for example. I've never seen such scumbaggery in my life, both Thai and foreigner alike. It is not by chance that where there are more scumbags, there is more violence.

I think you need to be a bit careful saying things like "Costal cities which attract a lower class of Thai" given the "Thai people" who regularly visit and have residences in Hua Hin, yes this topic is about Hua Hin, despite your attempt to have a bash at Pattaya.

Hello people this is my first post and probably my last I dont know if anybody apart from the moderators will ever see it

The reason for this will be revealed to all and sundry in the last line or two

It involves extreme violence I am offering this post up to you fellow members in the hope it will go some way to reduce future violence

Yes you are perfectly correct and I dont know either but I live and travel in hope

I feel I must tell you that I dont live in Thailand I actually live in Malaysia and have done so for approximately twenty years

I can hold my hand on my heart and say the only reason for that choice is because I can legally own the land our home stands on

I travel regularly and extensively all over S E Asia including Thailand as the rate of knots I go through UK passports will confirm

I do not have an axe to grind or a torch to hold for any country and that includes the UK

And so to the point of this post and who knows there might be members out there with a lot of patience and staying power if so I wont be talking to myself because you will still be here

This is to all those members who claim that these type of incidents happen all over the world

I personally dont disagree with that opinion because the violence in our world is way out of control

Where I do disagree my fellow members and disagree most strongly is when that opinion is used to justify or defend in any shape or form similar violent events which occur in your own back yard so to speak

As an englishman I have seen and been involved in more than my fair share of mindless violence

I am man enough to admit that I gave it up at an early age because I soon became tired of coming in second plus nights in cells and £5 fines which were more than a weeks wages for me when I was16/17 in the very early sixties

Not least my mother and father were at their wits end

I have had a very bad day today I did something I have not done for the last five years I bought a english language malaysian newspaper

This papers name is the Star on opening it the first thing that caught my eye was a report of a fatal road rage incident

I can only recall 2/3 such incidents over the period I have been here in Malaysia

My wife takes at least one chinese language newspaper per day and unfortunately keeps me up to date with daily events the report was also in there so no chance of me not hearing all about it

So members here are the facts that have been released by the Royal Malaysian Police up to press so to speak

At approximately 1 AM friday 29 april after a minor traffic accident a 39 year old Malaysian civil servant [ I have chosen to omit his name the police nor the tabloid did this ] was allegedly attacked

On receiving several emergency calls that claimed one person was being attacked by three people with two others watching police units were dispatched

On arrival at the scene the police found five people standing around who were obviously unaware that the sixth person involved in this incident

had died on the spot

These are claimed to be the words of a very senior police officer as reported by the Star newspaper

After a check of the body which showed the victim had suffered a stab wound to the back which the police believe was inflicted with a screwdriver plus injuries to the back of the head which they think were caused by a rock

The five alleged attackers were arrested they are being held on a seven day remand while the police investigate

The five are being investigated under Section 302 of the penal code for murder which carries the mandatory death penalty in Malaysia

The police are asking for eyewitnesses or anybody who has any information to come forward

The police said all the suspects are in their twenties

Two of the suspects are Malaysian males

One of the suspects is a Thai male

The other two suspects are Thai females

Dont be in any doubt fellow members about how sad this all is

Dont be in any doubt fellow members that this will all end in tears for more families than the deceased because this happened in Malaysia not Thailand

What I mean by that is that the penal code is far more severe in Malaysia than Thailand

Although the police released the deceased name there was no further details as in wife or children

and your point regarding to this thread is what exactly?

Hello people this is my first post and probably my last I dont know if anybody apart from the moderators will ever see it

It involves extreme violence I am offering this post up to you fellow members in the hope it will go some way to reduce future violence

Yes you are perfectly correct and I dont know either but I live and travel in hope

I feel I must tell you that I dont live in Thailand I actually live in Malaysia and have done so for approximately twenty years

I can hold my hand on my heart and say the only reason for that choice is because I can legally own the land our home stands on

I travel regularly and extensively all over S E Asia including Thailand as the rate of knots I go through UK passports will confirm

I do not have an axe to grind or a torch to hold for any country and that includes the UK

And so to the point of this post and who knows there might be members out there with a lot of patience and staying power if so I wont be talking to myself because you will still be here

This is to all those members who claim that these type of incidents happen all over the world

I personally dont disagree with that opinion because the violence in our world is way out of control

Where I do disagree my fellow members and disagree most strongly is when that opinion is used to justify or defend in any shape or form similar violent events which occur in your own back yard so to speak

As an englishman I have seen and been involved in more than my fair share of mindless violence

I am man enough to admit that I gave it up at an early age because I soon became tired of coming in second plus nights in cells and £5 fines which were more than a weeks wages for me when I was16/17 in the very early sixties

I have had a very bad day today I did something I have not done for the last five years I bought a english language malaysian newspaper

This papers name is the Star on opening it the first thing that caught my eye was a report of a fatal road rage incident

I can only recall 2/3 such incidents over the period I have been here in Malaysia

My wife takes at least one chinese language newspaper per day and unfortunately keeps me up to date with daily events the report was also in there so no chance of me not hearing all about it

So members here are the facts that have been released by the Royal Malaysian Police up to press so to speak

At approximately 1 AM friday 29 april after a minor traffic accident a 39 year old Malaysian civil servant [ I have chosen to omit his name the police nor the tabloid did this ] was allegedly attacked

On receiving several emergency calls that claimed one person was being attacked by three people with two others watching police units were dispatched

On arrival at the scene the police found five people standing around who were obviously unaware that the sixth person involved in this incident

had died on the spot

These are claimed to be the words of a very senior police officer as reported by the Star newspaper

After a check of the body which showed the victim had suffered a stab wound to the back which the police believe was inflicted with a screwdriver plus injuries to the back of the head which they think were caused by a rock

The five alleged attackers were arrested they are being held on a seven day remand while the police investigate

The five are being investigated under Section 302 of the penal code for murder which carries the mandatory death penalty in Malaysia

The police are asking for eyewitnesses or anybody who has any information to come forward

Dont be in any doubt fellow members that this will all end in tears for more families than the deceased because this happened in Malaysia not Thailand

What I mean by that is that the penal code is far more severe in Malaysia than Thailand

Although the police released the deceased name there was no further details as in wife or children

and your point regarding to this thread is what exactly?

I stopped reading after they said they lived in Malaysia. Surprised I got beyond the narcism of the first sentence really.

When the 2 Brit backpackers were murdered in Ko Tao, one of the prime concerns for Thai officialdom was tourism numbers. Every article on the topic devoted at least half its ink to how it would affect tourism.

Now, with this awful attack, the prime concern for RTP is finding out who released the video. They want to discipline that person, because it further tarnished Thailand's tourism face.

We could try informing Thai officialdom that there are other more serious concerns, like finding and convicting the perps and putting them away for 15+ yrs. but it would fall on deaf ears.

It now seems that the outside world will watch while the Thai police attempt a witch hunt for the person/s who had the temerity to release footage of this tragic incident.

It is merely adding more fuel to the fires of disgust and will do even more harm to the Kingdom's reputation than if they had announced there would be very stiff penalties for attacks on foreigners and tourists. .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/30/british-family-beating-video-thai-police-announce-leak-hunt-over/

You can say anything u like to me I will not hit you. I dont care. Insult my mum, my sister, my gf. I dont care. All the machos on this very forum, geriatrics, quite funny. And quite pathetic. 555

Might want to include: if a 65 year old woman slaps me, I will just laugh and walk away, no doubt muttering choice phrases, rather than beat the crap out of her.

Only low life scum would do that.

True. But then we were not slabbed by a geriatric but some young Thai lowlives were. In other words: apples and oranges. I can not stress this enough. It's scum versus scum in this story. Old white trash hits young yellow trash and vice versa. Somnamnààààààààà. coffee1.gif

No, they're not the same. Anyone who assaults pensioners in this manner are the lowest form of scum.

Nothing can justify or explain away their vile behaviour.

Nothing.

Most agree with you and many others.. There is no way to explain away the vile behaviour of the Thai's..

There's also no way to explain away the stupid behavior of this family from Whales.

Anyone that assault not only Thai's, but drunk Thai's.. Can't be in touch with reality!

Or, just another bunch of ignorant tourist believing they are entitled to push around and assault the locals, as if it's part of their travel itinerary.

I'm on the side of... "Both" the tourist and Thai's were.... WRONG!!

The beating of the British tourists recently was obviously a horrible and regretful occurrence, but some are judging an entire nation based on the actions of a few people. Don't overgeneralize! Those who know Thai people well know that most Thais are very kindhearted people. Also, don't act like this stuff doesn't happen in other countries including America and Great Britain. There are thugs everywhere!

Cr.Arjan Adam B.

I know some Thais. And *THEY* are telling me that Thai people are not as kind or good as they used to be. Thai people are changing over the last 10-20 years compared to how they were. Some of them blame the thai-dramas and the increasing desire for material wealth behind everything.

It now seems that the outside world will watch while the Thai police attempt a witch hunt for the person/s who had the temerity to release footage of this tragic incident.

It is merely adding more fuel to the fires of disgust and will do even more harm to the Kingdom's reputation than if they had announced there would be very stiff penalties for attacks on foreigners and tourists. .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/30/british-family-beating-video-thai-police-announce-leak-hunt-over/

I'm of the opinion that the CCTV footage "leaker" will likely be found, charged, and convicted, be issued a sentence of at least 15 years for Sedition and Computer Crimes.

The four Thai lads will probably get a much reduced sentence (6 months?), maybe suspended for community service in a hospital or morgue.

had died on the spot

Not sure what the point of all this was but having also previously lived in Malaysia for some time some things are worth noting:

Malaysian society is controlled by the Muslim ethnic Malay group. If a Muslim Malay teen commits an offense it is often swept under the rug just like it is here for Buddhist Thais. The Chinese community being very business focused and having to rely on themselves without much help from the government is somewhat self policed. When Chinese Malaysian teens get out of hand there are Chinese gangs involved in the business of making money that see it does not happen again, especially if it potentially hurts their business. The Indian community is usually the one that bears the brunt of prosecutions (alongside Indonesian and Sri Lanken immigrant workers) whenever there is a crime to be solved. The police have made some concessions to protests a decade ago by installing some Indians in high police positions but these are almost all from the Sikh sect and not generally in touch with the larger Hindu Indian population.

In short...if you are Malay Muslim you are far more likely to get a pass on misbehavior and apologies like in Thailand are very common punishments. Just last year there was some unrest caused by Muslim teen boys causing a ruckus at some Chinese held businesses in a tourist area downtown. The Police responded and basically said "they are really good boys...the shopkeepers must have accused them wrongfully". This them led to Chinese youths in a backlash and there were some riots right near Jalan Alor downtown.

In Asia, it's who you know and not what you do that matters.

To my mind the last few seconds are the really troubling part. Up to then it is the family and the 2 original Thais and there is no question the Brits unnecessarily and very unwisely escalated the situation. But where did those other thugs come from? Looks like pure opportunistic, violent hatred to me and totally unjustified by what had gone before.

How much of this violence and hatred is lurking just below the surface all around us? We should all be very careful out there.

For me that is the worrying thing about this violence, mainly because I have seen at first hand here in Phuket. A harmless looking backpacker was being harassed by the ping-pong show touts and I believe he pushed one away, which resulted in a face-to-face argument between the two of them. Within a few seconds another one of the touts had come out of nowhere and smashed the guy in the face with a king hit, and this was immediately followed by about another half a dozen Thais wading in at the same time.

The guy covered his face the best he could and took shelter in the corner of convenience store wall but the attack still kept coming and it wasn't until a couple of farang girls pushed their way in front of the backpacker that the beating stopped.

He was cut and bleeding round the face and was very unsteady on his feet. He was helped away by a few people and the thugs (the touts) mingled in with the crowds again.

The reason why he wasn't helped was because there were too many Thai thugs attacking him and if it hadn't been for the bravery of the two young farang girls, I believe he would have been in a serious condition. For the record a Thai policeman arrived on the scene just a couple of minutes later and spoke to a few Thais and was also able to see the condition of the backpacker, but after speaking further to the surrounding Thais, he just walked away.

I saw the same thing a few years ago where a gang of young Thais attacked an Italian restaurant owner, six of them armed with lumps of wood and chains and just one of him.

Now more than ever I sense this "violence and hatred" lurking beneath the surface and I have mentioned it in other posts because there is a certain "edge/tension" to tourist places like Phuket (Hua Hin also?) which just wasn't there before.

I suggest if you stay away from the bar/red light areas and anywhere drinking is the main past time then you wont "sense this violence and hatred" as much.

I am afraid you are missing the point. This anger and hatred is widespread and, while on this occasion it appeared in a bar/red light district, it is just under the surface and can, and will, explode anywhere. There are many examples of the Thais propensity for viscous violence and tourists (and many expats) should not be lulled into a false sense of security by all the LOS crap.

To my mind the last few seconds are the really troubling part. Up to then it is the family and the 2 original Thais and there is no question the Brits unnecessarily and very unwisely escalated the situation. But where did those other thugs come from? Looks like pure opportunistic, violent hatred to me and totally unjustified by what had gone before.

How much of this violence and hatred is lurking just below the surface all around us? We should all be very careful out there.

For me that is the worrying thing about this violence, mainly because I have seen at first hand here in Phuket. A harmless looking backpacker was being harassed by the ping-pong show touts and I believe he pushed one away, which resulted in a face-to-face argument between the two of them. Within a few seconds another one of the touts had come out of nowhere and smashed the guy in the face with a king hit, and this was immediately followed by about another half a dozen Thais wading in at the same time.

The guy covered his face the best he could and took shelter in the corner of convenience store wall but the attack still kept coming and it wasn't until a couple of farang girls pushed their way in front of the backpacker that the beating stopped.

He was cut and bleeding round the face and was very unsteady on his feet. He was helped away by a few people and the thugs (the touts) mingled in with the crowds again.

The reason why he wasn't helped was because there were too many Thai thugs attacking him and if it hadn't been for the bravery of the two young farang girls, I believe he would have been in a serious condition. For the record a Thai policeman arrived on the scene just a couple of minutes later and spoke to a few Thais and was also able to see the condition of the backpacker, but after speaking further to the surrounding Thais, he just walked away.

I saw the same thing a few years ago where a gang of young Thais attacked an Italian restaurant owner, six of them armed with lumps of wood and chains and just one of him.

Now more than ever I sense this "violence and hatred" lurking beneath the surface and I have mentioned it in other posts because there is a certain "edge/tension" to tourist places like Phuket (Hua Hin also?) which just wasn't there before.

I suggest if you stay away from the bar/red light areas and anywhere drinking is the main past time then you wont "sense this violence and hatred" as much.

I am afraid you are missing the point. This anger and hatred is widespread and, while on this occasion it appeared in a bar/red light district, it is just under the surface and can, and will, explode anywhere. There are many examples of the Thais propensity for viscous violence and tourists (and many expats) should not be lulled into a false sense of security by all the LOS crap.

Agree with you on that "phuketandsee", and anyway "the bar/red light areas" are promoted as tourist attractions!!

i think you will find this all started with a genuine accidental brush of sholders, who retailated first, yes it was the thai man by shoving thr Brit so hard he fell over annoyed.gif

Thank goodness the British media and others have well publicized this tragic and brutal attack.

Yes. Let this be a warning to tourists not to push, slap and punch Thai guys because they can be brutal when provoked.

If I was a Burmese, I'd be hiding right about now!

When the 2 Brit backpackers were murdered in Ko Tao, one of the prime concerns for Thai officialdom was tourism numbers. Every article on the topic devoted at least half its ink to how it would affect tourism.

Now, with this awful attack, the prime concern for RTP is finding out who released the video. They want to discipline that person, because it further tarnished Thailand's tourism face.

We could try informing Thai officialdom that there are other more serious concerns, like finding and convicting the perps and putting them away for 15+ yrs. but it would fall on deaf ears.

You can say anything u like to me I will not hit you. I dont care. Insult my mum, my sister, my gf. I dont care. All the machos on this very forum, geriatrics, quite funny. And quite pathetic. 555

Might want to include: if a 65 year old woman slaps me, I will just laugh and walk away, no doubt muttering choice phrases, rather than beat the crap out of her.

Only low life scum would do that.

True. But then we were not slabbed by a geriatric but some young Thai lowlives were. In other words: apples and oranges. I can not stress this enough. It's scum versus scum in this story. Old white trash hits young yellow trash and vice versa. Somnamnààààààààà. coffee1.gif

No, they're not the same. Anyone who assaults pensioners in this manner are the lowest form of scum.

Nothing can justify or explain away their vile behaviour.

Nothing.

Most agree with you and many others.. There is no way to explain away the vile behaviour of the Thai's..

There's also no way to explain away the stupid behavior of this family from Whales.

Anyone that assault not only Thai's, but drunk Thai's.. Can't be in touch with reality!

Or, just another bunch of ignorant tourist believing they are entitled to push around and assault the locals, as if it's part of their travel itinerary.

I'm on the side of... "Both" the tourist and Thai's were.... WRONG!!

The Brits were coming here since the 80s. Lol. Probably never left their hotel then ???

Well it's all very well saying no one helps .. due to the pack mentality of these attacks you'll end up getting smashed in yourself !

I'll take that deal, if the alternative is allowing scum to act in this manner.

Thailand is a great place to live. I have been married here 7 years and have two children. I have a fantastic wife. I live in the countryside in the south a few hours north of the Malay border. The Thai family treat me well. I don't go to the tourist trap areas. I don't drink in those places especially not late at night. You risk meeting bad people who are looking for trouble.

I also have a home in the UK. It is a great place too. I don't drink in places where you get people looking for trouble. Also not late a night. My home is in the countryside.

I must say that I feel much much safer in Thailand. Especially away from the big cities. In the UK there is more aggression. People looking for trouble. More confrontation. Mostly bravado. Mostly bullshit.

In Thailand if you stay away from the tourist areas, if you are not drunk in public, if you treat people with respect; then you will be OK and have a good time.

In Thailand when Thais fight then they fight to kill. They carry guns. They carry a knife.

Never fight in Thailand unless your life absolutely depends on it.

If a Thai is looking for trouble (usually they are drunk or have mental health problems) then walk away. They rarely pursue you.

Get out of the cities in Thailand and see the real Thailand. Its beautiful !

Walking away worked out very well for the Lao women!

This was a targeted hit, not a street fight.

Was it a street fight for sure? Did not some Thai lady say she overheard the gang stating that they were going to fight some farangs?

Well it's all very well saying no one helps .. due to the pack mentality of these attacks you'll end up getting smashed in yourself !

I'll take that deal, if the alternative is allowing scum to act in this manner.
I'm a big guy but while seeing a nasty beat down in Khaosan on a Brit guy, beaten to a pulp by so called security, I felt pretty helpless.

I'm sure the attitude towards this from other expats may be that he did something to deserve it. No one deserves that.

"Statistically you are 5 times more likely to be attacked and killed in Thailand".

Who's statistics and where can they be seen?

And who is "you" and where does he/she live, Second Road

Chaingmai -

Look it up! the statistics are easy to find. The "official" murder rate is 5 times higher then the UK (i suspect the real numbers are worse) and for my personal observation and feeling Thailand is far less safe then the UK.

I have also seen that gun crime is on a rapid increase in Thailand, fairly recently it was publicised that Thailand has the same rate of gun crime as the US.

Did you make the decision to move here without checking out any of this stuff? Do you really not know this?

Now the police are looking for the person who posted the video to charge him/her because it has damaged the reputation of Thailand.

Prior to the video being released the police chief downplayed it as just a street fight.

This place is becoming worse everyday.

There are 2 camps of PPL here.

1. Those that hate the Thai Thugs for kicking the old lady on the ground ( effect )

2. Those that saw the whole unedited video and saw the whole truth. The British Family started it by shoving, pushing then finally punching a thai man to the ground, which started the whole violence and ended up with the British family on the ground n the old lady getting kick in the face.

I would like to mentioned both Camps are on the same page on 1 thing. Both Camps agree that The Thai Thugs went too far and should be prosecuted. Both Camps do not justify and condone the actions of the Thai Thugs in any way.

However Camp 1 only look at the effect and not at the cause. What cause the fight to happen? They are only concerned about An old lady getting stomped in the face. They ask what kind of values this country has that teaches Man to stomp on old ladies in a fight. Camp 1 is utterly disgusted at the values of the Thai Thugs and their actions.

Camp 2 looks at both cause and effect. Camp 2 saw the whole unedited video and the whole truth. The cause of the fight was because of the British family who shoved, slap and punch a Thai man to the ground. Camp 2 is also utterly disgusted at the values of the Thai thugs and their actions.

But the difference is this. Camp 2 saw the whole truth. Camp 2 does not make any excuses or condone the actions of the Thai Thugs, in fact Camp 2 wants all the Thai Thugs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the Law. but Camp 2 also points out the actions of the British Family that led to the violent attack on them.

What Camp 2 is trying to achieve by pointing out the actions of the British family is not to justify the Thai Thugs

Instead it is to show the truth and warn others, family, friends, fellow countrymen that in Thailand or any other country, if you behave properly

there is a much much lesser chance of misfortune happening to you. That is all.

So ppl from Camp 1. just accept the Fact the British Family did misbehave and got retaliated by Thai Thugs in the most disgusting violent way ever and learnt from this lesson.

Show your sympathies to the the British Family and the old lady but warn them too never to misbehave again like in the video if they really value their lives. I would show it to my friends n family as well. How not to behave in Thailand or any other country we visit.

Or just go to a country where the police will "assist" when a local drunk idiot shoves you over and cracks your head open just for brushing past him.

Trying to be balanced with your post but your not. There is only 1 side to this, the drunk Thai man was looking for trouble, very obviously so. He caused the first act of violence and cracked open the sons head. the old women got emotional seeing her son attacked and reacted, in effect this "elderly" lady was defending her son, no denying that.

But what those drunken idiots did was a disgrace, the British family deserved nothing except to be left in peace to continue their holiday.

"Statistically you are 5 times more likely to be attacked and killed in Thailand".

Who's statistics and where can they be seen?

And who is "you" and where does he/she live, Second Road

Chaingmai -

Look it up! the statistics are easy to find. The "official" murder rate is 5 times higher then the UK (i suspect the real numbers are worse) and for my personal observation and feeling Thailand is far less safe then the UK.

I have also seen that gun crime is on a rapid increase in Thailand, fairly recently it was publicised that Thailand has the same rate of gun crime as the US.

Did you make the decision to move here without checking out any of this stuff? Do you really not know this?

' recently it was publicised that Thailand has the same rate of gun crime as the US.'

sorry to correct you, but this country has twice the rate of gun crime as USA.

Archived