Basic Medical Insurance

POMCHOB

Insurance coverage for that short a period is going to have strict limits on pre-existing conditions and would probably exclude things like motorbike accidents, etc.

You'd probably be better off getting travel insurance, which would have been more doable before departing your home country.

BUPA Thailand offers a "Sunshine Plan" for non-Thais who are here for a short time. Costs and actual coverage will depend on things like your age & level of pay-outs you expect and will also probably have limitations such as those mentioned above.

Check here: http://www.bupa.co.th/en/individuals/health-insurance/individual/detail.aspx?iid=5#.VyNy5DB95dg

post-145917-0-57652600-1461941241_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69

Hi Suradit69

Thank-you for taking the time to look at options for me and also the links you provided

which is very generous of you .

I just received a quote of 28000 baht standard quote for 6 months cover with Bupa" sunshine Plan" for Medical Cover.

Travel Insurance can only be obtained in my case from the UK in the first place for a Period of 90 days The UK company told me they would not renew unless i

returned to the UK So a Thai Insurance company advised what i should do was

leave Thailand and return and Start a New Policy in Thailand for another 90 days which is the Maximum allowed for travel Insurance i've been told by most

Insurance companies Here in Thailand and in the UK, my only other option is to get Travel Insurance the same way Leave Thailand and Start new policy.

But i have only just got the extension of a 30 day Exempt Stamp!and dont need to leave the country.

Just wondered if any other options other than Bupa Sunshine 6 month Plan. As my last Thai Travel Insurance was around 4500 baht for 90 days with excellent coverage.

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB

Just wondered if any other options other than Bupa Sunshine 6 month Plan.

The only Thai health insurance I've ever had was from BUPA, so I'm not very familiar with others. I dropped BUPA when I turned 65 because my US pension kicked in then and it includes comprehensive medical reimbursement for me.

The only other insurer that I've heard much about is AIA Thailand: http://www.insurancethais.com/

You might check with them. I have heard/read some good reports about them, but also know of someone (a Thai) who had difficulty getting a payment from them following an accident.

As I recall, some friends of mine who did a similar thing obtained insurance from "World Nomads" (or was it Global Nomads) however it was more like travel insurance with some health extras thrown in. Maybe worth googling to see what you can find.

The only Thai health insurance I've ever had was from BUPA, so I'm not very familiar with others. I dropped BUPA when I turned 65 because my US pension kicked in then and it includes comprehensive medical reimbursement for me.

The only other insurer that I've heard much about is AIA Thailand: http://www.insurancethais.com/

You might check with them. I have heard/read some good reports about them, but also know of someone (a Thai) who had difficulty getting a payment from them following an accident.

Hi Suradit69

Thanks for all the help i will look into your suggestions

Very grateful to you

Good Luck from

POMCHOB

As I recall, some friends of mine who did a similar thing obtained insurance from "World Nomads" (or was it Global Nomads) however it was more like travel insurance with some health extras thrown in. Maybe worth googling to see what you can find.

Hi xylophone

thanks for taking the time to reply and your kind advice too

I will look into this option.

Good Luck

POMCHOB

Hi All ,The Best Option came from xylophone who mentioned "World Nomads" Travel Insurance

Online policy starting the policy from Thailand about 4819 baht. Cover for 42 days Standard Cover they also have a higher premium priced Explorer.

So thanks to everyone for all the excellent links and generous help in getting my Travel Insurance arranged including Medical Cover with all the ideas given

that i followed up.

Much appreciated to the forum..

POMCHOB

Hi Suradit69

Thanks for all the help i will look into your suggestions

Very grateful to you

Good Luck from

POMCHOB

Hi Suradit69

i had a reply from AIA and they explained they can only cover Medical care for 1 year + minimum

Thanks for the advice

POMCHOB