Aren't there really any consumer laws here?

Berty100

When I go to a supermarket and buy a grilled whole chicken for 150 Baht, I'll be lucky if it is 800 gram, that is including bones and all inedible parts.

But when I want boneless and skinless chicken breast it cost only 95 Baht a kilo, and what is more they weigh 350 gram each, without any bones or offal included.

You will ask how is it possible that a boneless breast weighs almost half of a whole chicken including bones.

Well, you will know as soon as you put it in the microwave, because it will blow the door off the oven, as it is injected with water.

When it's fried half of the weight you paid for may be on the plate as liquid.

This symptom isn't restricted to some mom and pop store, but is common in all the major supermarkets as of lately.

I remember until about a year ago a skinless chicken breast would weigh between 150 and 200 gram, well now they are more than double that weight.

These are not Franken chicken is it? No they are right out consumer scams, and nobody is doing anything about.

How is it possible that all supermarkets get away with this for almost a year already now?

'cause consumers buy what they offer

I think that should be, consumers CAN only buy what they are offered.

well, yes you are right, but there are many places to buy chickens

you can buy at local markets you can buy by mail order you can buy at Lotus, BigC, Makro, Foodland, Villa Market or what have you

the chicken pieces are not all water inflated, but it takes some doing to find the non cheaters

In reply to your question, yes there are and thats why they are PINNED at the top of the forum.

NCPO Thai government. 24 hour Call Center 1111 http://www.1111.go.th/

They deal with any and all complaints related to anything and everything.

Noise, schools, retailers, builders, police or anything else.

Consumer Protection Board. http://www.ocpb.go.t...?filename=index

This agency deals with all retails, real estate and alike problems, including faulty products, incomplete jobs, warranty's etc.

It also deals with unlicensed restaurants of food sellers.