Extending Non-Immigrant O - Thai Child

My single entry, non-immigrant O visa is set to expire next week.

I'd like to extend it by 60 days but I've been hearing all sorts of anecdotes about new criteria and people being turned away from Chaeng Wattana.

I'm in Bangkok, I have the legitimization papers and my daughter's birth certificate

Could someone provide the definitive answer as to what is needed so I don't have to make two trips?

Much appreciated

Unless you have full custody of the child your daughter and her mother should also accompany you to the immigration office,usual requirements for the mother as well as your daughter are copies of Tabien baan and ID card,daughters birth certificate.

Are you and your daughters mother still together ?

Edited by stoneyboy

Chaeng Wattana will do a 60 day extension to visit your child. Your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry is the only proof of relationship needed.

You will need proof of residence to prove you are staying in Bangkok. Not having proof of residence is the most common reason for denials.

Chaeng Wattana will do a 60 day extension to visit your child. Your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry is the only proof of relationship needed.

You will need proof of residence to prove you are staying in Bangkok. Not having proof of residence is the most common reason for denials.

Thanks UJ.

What are the accepted forms of proof or residence at Chaeng Wattana?

Also, does my daughter have to accompany me?

Thanks UJ.

What are the accepted forms of proof or residence at Chaeng Wattana?

Also, does my daughter have to accompany me?

A rental agreement with signed copies of the owners house book and ID card attached. If your daughter's house book registry is for Bangkok and you had that address on the application it would be accepted as proof of residence.

She will need to be with you when you apply for the extension.