Londoners queue through hail and snow for TWO nights to bag £49 flights to Thailand

rooster59

That's not weird....I would queue through hail and snow for two nights too ...for a 49 pound ticket to EUROPE . Meanwhile try finding a good ticket below 800 euro from Bangkok TO europe.

Tried NorwegianAir? I got a good price to Amsterdam one-way ;)

That's not weird....I would queue through hail and snow for two nights too ...for a 49 pound ticket to EUROPE . Meanwhile try finding a good ticket below 800 euro from Bangkok TO europe.

Tried NorwegianAir? I got a good price to Amsterdam one-way wink.png

Air Egypt / Jet Airways India does a decent one way price ..

It's like asking people to go on a reality TV show and being asked if you would like to spend 2 nights as a homeless person on the streets of London with the possibilty of receiving a flight ticket for £49?

Personally I would prefer to work the 2 days or nights, stay warm, and pay a normal price with the money I have earned.

For those that are very low on funds, it is a decent opportunity. But if you're low on funds, would you have enough spending money once you arrive?? crazy.gif

They did this in Birmingham as well. Maybe the North is becoming more wealthy than the south as Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle didn't offer such promos

Did it 1 week ago 11035 baht one way BKK to Heathrow with Gulf Air on Airbus 330 with 1 stop Bahrain 1 hour . Only drawback was the lack of alcohol only a poor quality red wine , no beer etc etc . But normally what you say is true , always more expensive flying back to the UK unless they have few passengers which was the case with 50% of empty seats

With low oil prices and dwindling numbers coming from Europe, a flight can be had for 323 Pounds inclusive via Schipol with KLM. B.A. also offering direct less than 400 Pounds. With the internet and social media people can now see that Thailand isn't the land of old LOS. Regular murders, violence against tourists on a daily basis, rude people and not so cheap anymore to boot. Thailand should really be aiming at catching the tourists that are not longer visiting Africa due to terrorism but what can TAT do about its citizens, apart from censoring media which they are already doing it seems to be a downward spiral. Im still happy here but for a tourist its a holiday of nothing more than being overcharged, beaten, treated like poo or scammed at every corner.

Your last sentence presumably refers to tourists who visit Pattaya or Phuket?

Makes one wonder who is the more desperate; the travellers - who might very well have been from anywhere in the British Isles - or the travel agency, possibly dumping pre-bought packages?

STA Travel caters to students.

Find cheap flights, adventure tours, gap year travel, career breaks, hotels and hostels, travel insurance and volunteer projects at STA Travel!

So likely the bulk of people in the queue, if not all, are students.

Air France are offering return flights to Europe from around 22000 thb right now.

I recently booked flights Bangkok to London return with BA. Total cost 24900 Baht and that's a direct flight.

It's very easy to find cheap flights from my home city (Dublin) to Bangkok, but not the other way around. In November 2015,I paid 300 euro for a Finnair flight to Bangkok with a 2 hour layover in Helsinki. both flights were extremely comfortable. Going back with the same airline, I've had to fork out 500 quid, which is quite pricey. I don't know if I booked too late, or the departure taxes from BKK are extortionate.

I saw my same question asked earlier by another member. What airline is participating in this promotion? Is is strictly something that the agency is doing or is TAT involved too? This old airline guy would love to see more details.

I saw my same question asked earlier by another member. What airline is participating in this promotion? Is is strictly something that the agency is doing or is TAT involved too? This old airline guy would love to see more details.

Qatar Airways. Nothing to do with the Thais at all. More to do with the STA Travel policy of paying £49/US$49 as a deposit to secure your booking.

They queued in hail and snow. End of April to May London does not get snow.

It did this year...really heavy hail thought UK with snow in many areas....didn't stay as once it warmed up it melted quickly but it was pretty cold and grim some nights

You can £365 Manchester to Bangkok return on certain months. I got last year £465 return from Isle of Man /Bangkok via Manchester way out and Dublin way back..bargain....drop all my bags at IOM airport and pick them up in Bangkok 18 hours later after stops at Manchester ,Abu Dhabi...bargain.

Fares to Thailand need to be cheap for tourists to allow for the possibility and high cost of hospitalisation as result of street violence or road trauma.

Yes at STA you can upgrade and get all inclusive Medical and Hospital for an extra 300 pounds hahahahha Not that it is needed in The wonderful Junta land we have here.