New passport - Non O transfer

I have a new UK passport and have a Multiple Entry Non O Visa in my old passport. I checked with Udon Thani Immigration a few months ago if there was anything I should do regarding transferring the visa from the old to new passport and they said no, just take both passports to them and they will do the necessary.

Has anyone done this at Udon immigration?

Thanks.

Udon Imm probably thinking you have an extension not a visa. As last post just carry both passports until the 'visa' expires. If you leave the country then airport/border will just put a rubber stamp in your new passport with details of the visa in your old one. Still carry both until the visa ends.

No new stickers are issued etc.

Edited by overherebc

Thanks for the info. What will happen when I apply for a marriage extension at the end of the year?

You don't have to wait for your visa to expire to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage. You can apply for it during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries the visa allows.

Show both passports and immigration will do a stamp with info about your visa in the your new passport.

I know of some one who tried to cross at Chong Chom recently and was refused exit. He was told to go to immigration and have his last entry stamp transferred to his new passport.

That can happen at some crossings that has an immigration office near it. Most will do it though. Many immigration offices will turn a person away that wants the stamps transferred unless they have a long term extension.

IF you have a valid visa (obtained from a Thai embassy/Consulate) there is nothing to do.

Just travel with both passports while the visa remains valid

Visas are never transferred from an old to a new passport.

Depends on your nationality.

For a U.S. passport, when you apply for and recieve a new U..S. passport they also give you a form lrtter from the U/s. embassy that requestsThai immigration to transfer the DETAILS of the old visa into your new passport.

You take this fprm letter to your local thai immigration .....and alyhough they o not drectly transfe yor visa the thai immigration copies the relevnt detils from your old passport to your new passport.

i did this in June 2015 when i recieved a new U.S passport here in Bangkok.

IF you have a valid visa (obtained from a Thai embassy/Consulate) there is nothing to do.

For a U.S. passport, when you apply for and recieve a new U..S. passport they also give you a form lrtter from the U/s. embassy that requestsThai immigration to transfer the DETAILS of the old visa into your new passport.

You take this fprm letter to your local thai immigration .....and alyhough they o not drectly transfe yor visa the thai immigration copies the relevnt detils from your old passport to your new passport.

Only for those with extensions of stay ! Such people do not have a valid visa in their passport.

Valid visas are never transferred.

Can I ask even though my situation different to op. I have extension based on retirement and reentry permit. New pp arrives shortly to au embassy. I will be outside los at that time. When fly back I will have few hours to pick up new pp then fly out same day. This fly in out same day continues three more times in total. Will immigration at airport have problem with fact I have not been to CW imm to transfer stamps. Is there a time limit.

Edited by jacksam

Only for those with extensions of stay ! Such people do not have a valid visa in their passport.

Valid visas are never transferred.

And yet another example of why it is important for people to understand what is in their passport, and to use the proper terminology. thumbsup.gif