Finally , It's raining

balo

A light sprinkling here in Na Jomtien / Bang Saray

Temperature did drop last night so no A/C needed but the lawn and garden are still brown

The minimum dropped 1°C from 29 °C to 28 °C, so no A/C. LOL. I wish I had your tolerance for heat, but for me it remains A/C all the way. They do say that for every degree you raise the thermostat saves 4 - 5% electricity, so at least it will cost less if the outside temperature is a degree lower.

I don't know where you obtained your figures from but my weather station, in Fahrenheit, showed a drop from 92 , before the rain to 78 after the "sprinkling". By the time we went to bed it had gone back up to 86

I was considering the official minimum posted on a major weather site. It can take quite some time for inside room temperatures to drop, which didn't happen at my place. It is well insulated, so it rises and drops slowly.

Correct, and as the pix of the flooding in Pattaya showed, there can be a major difference in the amount of rain . Since the temperature change occurred at my location at around 4 PM there was no more direct sunlight on my roof so the second story bedroom temperature rose back up quite slowly

I must also admit that we normally use the timer function on the A/C to turn it off a couple of hours after we go to bed. Which was not needed last night

Pattaya is such a sprawling place now, the rain's intensity and any flooding can be very localised as can be seen from the posts so far. I saw these photos of Third Road and Sukhumvit so asked my buddy how it was for him. He was at the usual watering hole on Second and Soi Post Office and he snapped a picture in front of the Baracuda and the roads were wet but no floods. We assume Buakhao was similarly unflooded. Probably explains why this thread has less comments from barstool Noah's predicting the end of life as they have grown used to and berating City Hall.

I would be interested when a real gully washer hits Sukhumvit and Boonsamphan becomes a torrent. They did spend at least a week dredging the huge storm drains that lie either side of the low spot between the traffic lights at Tai and Boonsamphan so comments on how quickly that lake drains away would be interesting. They did spend a lot of time on those drains which was quite unusual.