Can You Pass for a Proper Brit?

I'm british...well sort of!(not culturally?)I moved to australia as a kid from scotland with my scottish parents.

So i took this 10 question test.

And here are the results:

469530019.jpg

You scored 6 out of 10.

You’re a hop, skip and a jump from calling yourself a Brit. You probably know that in the U.K. an elevator is called a lift and the second floor is called the first floor. Spending a few days eating fish and chips with proper Englishmen will give you that extra schooling you need to blend in with every regular bloke in the pub.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/can-speak-british-english-110833.html

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 9 out of 10.

And I don't agree with the one I got "wrong".

And yes, I'm a Brit.

EDIT Oh, and the photo in the OP is not "fish and chips", at least not in a British sense.

EDIT 2 Now I understand, it's an American (USAToday) idea of ow wot we talk, like.

EDIT 3 This, is a reasonable approximation to fish and chips, needs to be wrapped in a copy of the Manchester Evening News to be truly pukka.

Takeaway-Fish-and-Chips-008.jpg?w=620&q=

Needs mushy-peas too tongue.png

I scored 8 but I disagree about the question regarding surgery- there would be no definite article, no 'the surgery'.

"The Surgery" is the place where your GP performs his services. At least it is in the North West :)

I scored 8 but I disagree about the question regarding surgery- there would be no definite article, no 'the surgery'.

"The Surgery" is the place where your GP performs his services. At least it is in the North West :)

I got 10/10 ... doctors job was pretty obvious ... but he would be lucky to be back by 4pm!! In fact he might not even have got an appointment that day

"The Surgery" is the place where your GP performs his services. At least it is in the North West smile.png

I got 10/10 ... doctors job was pretty obvious ... but he would be lucky to be back by 4pm!! In fact he might not even have got an appointment that day

Judging by my dad's experience, getting an appointment in this life is unlikely.

The usual kind of rubbish from somebody who thinks they understand how we speak.

Agree that the surgery one is particularly suspect. I think most people would just say they were going to the doctors.

Alas, I have failed this test but Mother England has given me and my 5 wives free housing, a monthly stipend and saved me from my desert warland- how can I complain? I only thank the pensioners that have contributed their blood, sweat and tears to my folly.

I love you all.

alahalalalalalala

Down in Pattaya, Brits wear skimpy Hawaiian vest t-shirts and Union Jackulate shorts, sit in bars eating ‘Full English’ breakfasts washed-down with pints of fizzy lager, whilst watching a ‘footie' match. And then there's their husbands.

I got 9 out of 10.

And I don't agree with the one I got "wrong".

And yes, I'm a Brit.

EDIT Oh, and the photo in the OP is not "fish and chips", at least not in a British sense.

EDIT 2 Now I understand, it's an American (USAToday) idea of ow wot we talk, like.

EDIT 3 This, is a reasonable approximation to fish and chips, needs to be wrapped in a copy of the Manchester Evening News to be truly pukka.

Takeaway-Fish-and-Chips-008.jpg?w=620&q=

Needs mushy-peas too tongue.png

not only Mancunians eat f&c,

f&c wrapped in Independ. or HT soggy with dripping vinegar so you get the black ink/print stuff on your fingers is British asw.

Alas, I have failed this test but Mother England has given me and my 5 wives free housing, a monthly stipend and saved me from my desert warland- how can I complain? I only thank the pensioners that have contributed their blood, sweat and tears to my folly.

I love you all.

alahalalalalalala

LOL......I think a few brits would agree with this swipe......

Archived