British couple vows to return to Hua Hin despite brutal attack

webfact

of course they will return now, after PM involvement, all expenses paid and police protection.

happy they have made a full recovery and hopefully return to enjoy the true Thailand

So your suggesting Hua Hin is not true Thailand then ?....so where is true Thailand then and please dont suggest Isaan LOL

What else would they say to the pm ? No they are never coming back to sh@thole Thailand....they may end up being "re-educated"....one suspects all they want to do is get on a plane out of dodge

no I wasn't saying that, I meant true Thailand, enjoying a holiday without being assaulted, they were just in wrong place at the wrong time

as most of us know, these incidents do rarely happened to innocent tourists

I love Hua Hin and yes I do live in Isaan hahaha cheers

I've spent a lot of time in Isaan and Hua Hin also. Correct Luap, the true Thailand, flawed as it is (name one country that isn't) is still pretty good. Hua Hin, a little more expensive than Isaan, but great seafood, great beaches close by, good shopping. The cowardly thugs who attacked the woman aren't going to bring Hua Hin to its knees.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't I read that they vowed NEVER to return?

A little press a bouquet of flowers and possibly a free future trip all expenses paid swung the pendulum the other way. The wounds are healing the moment has dimmed and their 15 minutes of fame has arrived. With all these TAT officials fawning over you how can you say no?

So is it official now? British tourists are now allowed to come to Thailand get drunk as usual and go around beating the crap out of people or am I really missing the moral of this whole story?

This is just really creepy... I mean which is more stupid and childish the "Thai can do no wrong", or the "Brit can do no wrong"? lol At least the Thais are only following this stupid rule in their own country - the Brits apparently believe that they are entitled to this rule anywhere in the world now! lol Now tell me which is the bigger problem and who has more issues - the Thais or the Brits?

So again what's the moral of the story - were they right to take matters into their own hands and use violence to "educate" the locals? Is this the message they are trying to send out there?

If I needed to go around just 1 mile of wherever the Thai thugs are hanging out, it looks like I'm gonna need to walk around at least 2 miles of wherever the hell the British people are usually getting drunk from now on, lol

Did you watch the actual video? If so, were you stoned or something or are you just blind? The only people who got the crap beaten out of them were the Brits. The most "violent" thing done by any of the Brits was when the 65 year old woman slapped the Thai man in the face after he had pushed her son onto the ground.

Please, watch the damned video before you comment so that you have at least some idea of what you are talking about.

First of all - all them were drunk, and their sonny lil boy was in a drunken stupor - the main reason he fell in the first place... The Thai man was not right to push him like that in retaliation but that was in no way intended to deliver any kind of serious damage - the punishment should fit the crime - don't you think? - and not that the Brits have any right to act as the police/judge and the jury in this country?? What the british couple did after that I see as a problem - the grannie slapped somebody and then the daddy threw a punch - all because they suspected somebody was "dissing" their little drunken sonny - this was not "self defense", it was a deliberate use of force to compensate for the British couples' loss of face lol... they are definitely worse than Thais - I mean would you go around punching people because you feel you were insulted in a foreign country?? I'm not justifying what happened after that, but I don't see that the Brits were better in this whole situation precisely because they are older - and should know better how to handle situations like this and that violence doesn't really solve anything...

So is it official now? British tourists are now allowed to come to Thailand get drunk as usual and go around beating the crap out of people or am I really missing the moral of this whole story?

This is just really creepy... I mean which is more stupid and childish the "Thai can do no wrong", or the "Brit can do no wrong"? lol At least the Thais are only following this stupid rule in their own country - the Brits apparently believe that they are entitled to this rule anywhere in the world now! lol Now tell me which is the bigger problem and who has more issues - the Thais or the Brits?

So again what's the moral of the story - were they right to take matters into their own hands and use violence to "educate" the locals? Is this the message they are trying to send out there?

If I needed to go around just 1 mile of wherever the Thai thugs are hanging out, it looks like I'm gonna need to walk around at least 2 miles of wherever the hell the British people are usually getting drunk from now on, lol

Did you watch the actual video? If so, were you stoned or something or are you just blind? The only people who got the crap beaten out of them were the Brits. The most "violent" thing done by any of the Brits was when the 65 year old woman slapped the Thai man in the face after he had pushed her son onto the ground.

Please, watch the damned video before you comment so that you have at least some idea of what you are talking about.

First of all - all them were drunk, and their sonny lil boy was in a drunken stupor - the main reason he fell in the first place... The Thai man was not right to push him like that in retaliation but that was in no way intended to deliver any kind of serious damage - the punishment should fit the crime - don't you think? - and not that the Brits have any right to act as the police/judge and the jury in this country?? What the british couple did after that I see as a problem - the grannie slapped somebody and then the daddy threw a punch - all because they suspected somebody was "dissing" their little drunken sonny - this was not "self defense", it was a deliberate use of force to compensate for the British couples' loss of face lol... they are definitely worse than Thais - I mean would you go around punching people because you feel you were insulted in a foreign country?? I'm not justifying what happened after that, but I don't see that the Brits were better in this whole situation precisely because they are older - and should know better how to handle situations like this and that violence doesn't really solve anything...

Again dwelling on who caused it rather than condemning six young guys in their prime severely beating two pensioners and their middle-aged son. They outnumbered the olduns two to one for god's sake without taking age into consideration.

Some of the people on here make me want to vomit.

You sure did------ must have been a big brown envelope and the promise of a hero's returnclap2.gif

If you read the story from Telegraph printed yesterday, it was the son who works in Singapore that wowed never to return .

His parents made the opposite statement in the meeting with the PM office.

snip

Again dwelling on who caused it rather than condemning six young guys in their prime severely beating two pensioners and their middle-aged son. They outnumbered the olduns two to one for god's sake without taking age into consideration.

Plus the fact that the vicious attacks were carried out by Thai thugs not directly involved in the initial scuffle with the Brits. They deserve to be locked up for GBH whatever spin is put upon it.

What people seem not to realise is that this type of attack often happens in bar areas in Thailand (of which this is one) and always has done. All this type of area has a few resident young Thai thugs who are tanked up with free booze from the bars in return for providing unofficial security services in case of non-payment of bill (even in cases where the bill has been deliberately padded), hassling of bar girls etc. When unleashed they are merciless and often leave their victims almost dead.

The two who joined in at the end were almost certainly locals and were likely known to the police already.

The only difference in this case was it was caught on video and released to the world.

This savage attack on two pensioners would never have seen the light of day save for the leaked video.

Then the hypocritical Thai PR machine goes into action.

It's NOT about this couple as this is but one savage attack on foreigners....it's all about the "farang" euro/sterling/dollar, and nothing else.

At least they are lucky...they are alive. Unlike many other unfortunate foreigners who have been murdered in Thailand and worse....the usual cover up follows.

All this pageantry with staged photos of politicians handing them flowers is such fabricated nonsense. If the video hadn't gone public they would have swept it under the carpet as quietly as possible. "Thainess" includes not giving a sh*t about harm to "outsiders" unless it concerns loss of face. If anything it should be the attackers grovelling at the victims feet begging forgiveness.

In which country do things like this get senior level government attention without any publicity? If you want to be cynical you should look around.

29 April 2016

Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack that them all knocked out

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/913601-thailand-attack-british-family-vow-never-to-return-after-savage-street-attack/?p=10691049

3 days later:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914348-british-couple-vows-to-return-to-hua-hin-despite-brutal-attack/?p=10703186

Whats the Problem now.............only a fool does not change his mind.

I would love to see that PM vow to punish the criminals as hard as possible. That would be a good message to these kind of criminals that blame everything on being drunk. The way they kicking them didn't seem as if they are drunk at all.

29 April 2016

Thailand attack: British family 'vow never to return' after savage street attack that them all knocked out

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/913601-thailand-attack-british-family-vow-never-to-return-after-savage-street-attack/?p=10691049

3 days later:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/914348-british-couple-vows-to-return-to-hua-hin-despite-brutal-attack/?p=10703186

I don't think that this couple are exactly the "sharpest tools " in the shed.. A bit like all those Yanks who are going to leave the USA when Donald Trump becomes president. cheesy.gif

The actual original article reads like this:-

"The minister expressed regret for the incident and asked for an apology from the couple. The couple said they love Hua Hin and vowed to return"

It says that the minister expressed regret at the incident and asked for an apology from the couple.

An apology for what exactly?

For being in the wrong street at the wrong time, and allowing themselves to be caught on CCTV while receiving their kicking, and thus further damaging the reputation of the tourism industry. Obviously a very badly worded misprint, I hope?

Obviously someone at TVN has realised the error in their relaying of the article and corrected it.

Dai Bach, (Darllen yr OP eto), read the OP again (not some misguided quote of it). Above OP states...."apology TO the couple....not from the couple. You must be a barber, for the way you split hairs.

I would love to see that PM vow to punish the criminals as hard as possible. That would be a good message to these kind of criminals that blame everything on being drunk. The way they kicking them didn't seem as if they are drunk at all.

The punishment will be decided by judges, absolutely no influence from the PM laugh.png

It is as the say - You rip what You sow... Hopefully this was a good lesson in manners to all British people travelling and staying abroad... I don't care how old any of you are - I think it's obvious it's time for a lot of you to finally grow up...

Posts containing links and content from Bangkok Post have been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

Nasrullah is a prime example of someone who thinks they are better than the Thais.

Saying that we should not wai when living in Thailand is totally insane. I'd just ignore him. More than likely he had no Thai friends apart from maybe one a who likes to keep him separated.

Can you speak Thai dude? Maybe that is something one shouldn't do here lol.

Don't worry mate, I've seen his type before. I would bet my bottom dollar all he say in Thai is "tee rak", "boom boom" and "poom pui"
How true! You forgot 'ting tong' and the classic bar girl 'ba ba baw baw':-)

The court please l am trying not to laugh... A Thai court Thai vs Falang. If he killed your husband he may walk free with 10000 fine suspended sentence.....lf was a falang your finished. They are corrupt, racist and unjust.

This is simply ignorant and not true. Thai courts are NOT racist. They may be unjust and it depends on how much 'influence' the person has. Believe it or not but some foreigners have influence and many Thais don't. But don't believe it is Thai v farang, a common myth as most farang have no influence, poo yai due to deliberate separation from Thai culture.

A post containing content from Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

That was before the flowers and visit from TAT, and a subsequent visit from government officials and a representative from the Embassy.

Methinks there may be a free 5 Star all expenses paid holiday floated under their noses - and quite rightly so!

I understand your sentiments, but not necessarily agree with them, or the the way that you put them across. e.g.

"British tourists are now allowed to come to Thailand get drunk as usual and go around beating the crap out of people"

Already commented on, so only posted to show you how ludicrous that sounds.

"sonny lil boy was in a drunken stupor"

No, he was a walking drunk - not in a "drunken stupor" - such a condition involves grogginess, semiconsciousness, stupefaction - that only occurred after he was pushed over and split his head open.

" it was a deliberate use of force to compensate for the British couples' loss of face lol... they are definitely worse than Thais"

I think the end result proves otherwise, don't you?

There must be some sort of very attractive monetary financial compensation otherwise they would not change their stance overnight! Money talks louder and can change the character of any person. Mates, we shall move on and don't bother about them anymore. Its wasting our time.

The way the media was spinning this story right from the start was completely wrong - it was all based on a lie that this was an "unprovoked" attack which it certainly was not! lol

This is a serious slap in the face of people who were victims or the actual unprovoked attacks in Thailand, because their stories never got as much of international attention as this story did, and many of them didn't even manage to walk out alive!

But in this case - three drunk Apes from Wales start a fight with Thai gangs high on drugs in the middle of Songkran - get their brains smashed out of them - and this requires the attention of the world media? Are you kidding me or something?

This is precisely why I think this whole story had a political underpinning right from the start - it was definitely based on a lie and emotions alone so this has nothing to do with violence in Thailand, but rather the Brits looking for a "license to kill" wherever they please to land and get themselves smashed with alcohol. This is a rather cynical self-centered drive by the Brits trying to assert their voice in this country despite the fact that they are the one's acting like violent drunk apes much more than anybody else does in this country... Or in any other country where they happen to visit for that matter... Lol I've seen this in a few other countries wherever Brits happen to show up - they act the same way everywhere.

It all started with rumours that "Thai gangs are going around attacking and targeting farangs in Hua Hin" or whatever... Now we know it was all complete bull and this is a really lame way for Brits to drag all other Farangs into something which is always an exclusively British problem... If you want sympathy from me - you are not going to get a lot, I mean maybe you should at least learn to tell the truth for starters - i.e. Who started the fight? What do other farangs have to do with Brits going to foreign countries, getting themselves pissed drunk and the going around attacking people?