Very rude immigration Krabi

Evening all.

My situation in short.. Was living and teaching in Thailand for the last 3 and a half years, quit my job on good terms and got a letter from my school confirming my date of departure was the same date I left Thailand.. No problem leaving.

My plan.. Fly to Penang (I've done Laos, etc), had a great 3 days in Penang.. Didn't want a visa, but had to leave Thailand as my non b expired.

Got a flight back in under the visa exempt (UK passport). I flew back into Thailand at Krabi from Penang via KL.

Immigration lady studied my passport ( I had letter from my school if necessary)... She stamped it and then literally threw my passport at the counter towards me!

And no I wasn't being over sensitive, it was a total forceful launch of my passport back at me!

Before anyone starts I looked smart casual... Medium length shorts, long sleeve shirts etc... She stamped my passport (most important thing), then threw it at me.

I've never overstayed.. I've been in Thailand 5 years on the correct visas so I know she was not an example of Thai immigration... But imagine if I was new to the country... Get your passport thrown at you!!!!!!

Edit for clarification: 3.5 years teaching. 1.5 years beforehand on and off tourist visas..

Edited by Jay1

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

You are right mate... It's ok to treat visitors like total shit
Correct if you've been here as long as you say you must have realised this already,you'll get over it.

One weekend back in May of 2014 I had a similar thing happen in Tesco Lotus Phetchabun,the check out assistant had the cheek to give my change to my girlfriend,astonishing behaviour,it was as if I wasn't even there even though I paid the bill,talk about discrimination.

Of course I'm gonna get over it... Just venting..

• Like 1

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

Correct if you've been here as long as you say you must have realised this already,you'll get over it.

One weekend back in May of 2014 I had a similar thing happen in Tesco Lotus Phetchabun,the check out assistant had the cheek to give my change to my girlfriend,astonishing behaviour,it was as if I wasn't even there even though I paid the bill,talk about discrimination.

Are you over it yet ?

That check out scene is still fresh in my memory,it's the stuff of expat nightmares I tell ya.

Haha you have put it in perspective.. I got the 30 days which is what I wanted..

Was just furious haha

• Like 2

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

Hope you feel better soon buttercup

OP - immigration are a mixed bunch. Most are nice and polite but there is a small minority that are as rude as pigs. The uniforms and their little bit of power goes to their heads, and makes them feel that they don't have to behave properly. I've only come across a few of these pigs in all my years of living here, but when I do an obviously exaggerated thank you with a broad smile makes me feel better, but sarcasm is wasted on them - they really don't understand it and probably think that I am thanking them for their rudeness.

Absolutely correct.

Couple of years ago met a skunk of an immigration officer while departing Frankfurt Airport - Was very rude for some reason known only to him.

But imagine I was new to the country getting your passport thrown at you !!!!

...Imagine being new to a certain African country and immigration not handing your passport back and getting an AK-47 pointed at you ?... do you think i will need counselling and treatment for PTSD...as they really hurt my feelings, as i am white and the natives should never do this to a white man....dont they know their place

And no, we don't just have to leave if we don't like it, we can report, complain

Of course you don't have to leave if you don't like it, but if you really don't like it here, why would you stay, you do have a choice and your choice is to stay so it can't be that bad, c'mon be honest, it's a lot better in Thailand than in your home country isn't it ?

If you're home country is better yet you choose to remain in Thailand and complain, you need professional help.

And no, we don't just have to leave if we don't like it, we can report, complain

Of course you don't have to leave if you don't like it, but if you really don't like it here, why would you stay, you do have a choice and your choice is to stay so it can't be that bad, c'mon be honest, it's a lot better in Thailand than in your home country isn't it ?

If you're home country is better yet you choose to remain in Thailand and complain, you need professional help.

If we keep shutting our mouth just because it's still better in our home country we will have Hua Hin cases everyday.

The only reason things are "better" in any country is because people have fought for it before.

I read between the lines that this sinister incident must have been very traumatizing for you, hence my advise to you is to seek professional medical help before this unbelievable tragedy will mutate into chronic illness, or worse - post dramatic stress disorder.

Edited by MockingJay

How terribly upsetting.

Are you ok ?

One weekend back in May of 2014 I had a similar thing happen in Tesco Lotus Phetchabun,the check out assistant had the cheek to give my change to my girlfriend,astonishing behaviour,it was as if I wasn't even there even though I paid the bill,talk about discriminati

This happens to me often when i pay the bill, they give the G/F the change.

TIT.

• Like 1