What snake is this?

Hi there,

My wife found this one in our garden the other day. It's at least a meter long I think. I know the pic is not quite clear, but can anyone identify this one?

It's actually a cool color, seems to have an interesting head shape. I'm most curious whether its dangerous in any way... we've got a couple dogs.

Thanks!

T.post-26522-0-20896900-1462410604_thumb.j

Yes its a Whip snake,harmless,feeds on Geckos and frogs,pleased you did not kill it,

so many on here post picture of dead snakes,then ask what kind is it,.......DEAD SNAKE.

regards worgeordie

Like everyone else, I enjoy wildlife identification threads - but felt the need to mention that its pointless worrying about your dogs.

If there's one dangerous snake in your garden, there are others nearby....

Fortunately (and fingers crossed that this holds true), dogs seem to be far better at recognising dangerous snakes than we are - and keep away. Having said this, it still frightens the life out of me that one of my dogs will tread on one accidentally when running around sad.png .

The head looks more like a whip snake too.

Cool.... yes, it looks "skinny" like the whip snake too.

Matter seems settled, but for future reference Vern from Thailandsnakes.com gets back really fast with questionable IDs if you send pics.

PS: Like the profile pic. Europe 72. "We are everywhere."

Archived