Zimbabwe to print own version of US dollar

webfact

Zimbabwe to print own version of US dollar

Zimbabwe is set to print its own version of the US dollar in order to ease a cash shortage in the country.

Central bank governor John Mangudya said the cash, known as bond notes, will be backed by $200m (£140m) support from the Africa Export-Import Bank.

The two, five, 10 and 20 dollar notes will have the same value as their US dollar equivalents.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36210680

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-05

Remember when the EURO was going to replace the US Dollar ? The quote was " All monetary units in the world will be tied to the new Euro replacing the US Dollar" At the start it was twice the value of the dollar but now the old Green Back is valued at 29 percent more.Any one want to buy any Saudi Rials ?

Edited by sanukjim

Remember when the EURO was going to replace the US Dollar ? The quote was " All monetary units in the world will be tied to the new Euro replacing the US Dollar" At the start it was twice the value of the dollar but now the old Green Back is valued at 29 percent more.Any one want to buy any Saudi Rials ?

Did you use an an extraterrestrial math ? facepalm.gif

Todays (Euro) VISA exchange rate is

100.00 Euro = 115.19 United States Dollar

1 Euro = 1.1519000000 United States Dollar

- Or -

1 United States Dollar = 0.8681309141 Euro

The € was introduced officially in 2002.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/412794/euro-to-u-s-dollar-annual-average-exchange-rate/

post-144423-0-47528200-1462511381_thumb.

Edited by puck2

But that wise grand old man and imperialist fighter Mugabe and worked a miracle.

He's tuned the once proud and prosperous bread basket of Africa into a bankrupt economic disaster.

But, hey, he's been democratically elected, despite the naughty opposition and their nasty tricks, has become massively wealthy along with his family and cronies and now watches as his family squabble over the spoils before his death.

And the world watches and smiles.

I think the greenback is close the point of where your pushing on a string. All that debt they have accumulated has to be repaid you cannot run a country on borrowed money forever. There will be a day of reckoning not far off I figure. This house of cards will collapse. Good old Daddy War Bucks is close to the end of his tether.

I think the greenback is close the point of where your pushing on a string. All that debt they have accumulated has to be repaid you cannot run a country on borrowed money forever. There will be a day of reckoning not far off I figure. This house of cards will collapse. Good old Daddy War Bucks is close to the end of his tether.
If the US keeps going into the red the way they are the Zimbabwe dollar might be on a par with the greenback.

But that wise grand old man and imperialist fighter Mugabe and worked a miracle.

He's tuned the once proud and prosperous bread basket of Africa into a bankrupt economic disaster.

But, hey, he's been democratically elected, despite the naughty opposition and their nasty tricks, has become massively wealthy along with his family and cronies and now watches as his family squabble over the spoils before his death.

And the world watches and smiles.

"Uncle Bob" and his family and friends have done quite well for themselves, to the detriment of an entire nation.

If the US keeps going into the red the way they are the Zimbabwe dollar might be on a par with the greenback.

Yes, the U.S. dollar is in deep trouble. I remember when most of the conservative economists were claiming that QE was going to bring on hyperinflation. Any day the U.S. would turn into Weimar Germany. Some people made lots of money on gold catering to that irrational fear. U.S. inflation since 2009 has been on the average slightly over 1%. Foreigners are snapping up Treasury Bills that don't even offer enough of a yield to counter what little inflation there is. What's wonderful about predictions like yours is that don't have a date attached to them. So they can never be proven wrong. When confronted about the continued failure of their predictions, dollar doomsayers reply "Just you wait." And Jesus is coming any day now. Just you wait.

Actually, the debt really never has to be paid back. Interesting article. Especially for those claiming the dollar is doomed. LOL

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/02/why-the-us-government-never-ever-has-to-pay-back-all-its-debt/272747/

No, this is not what I remember at all. You might want to use Google to refresh your

memory, clear the cobwebs. coffee1.gif