Man who cut off dog paws charged by Thai police

webfact

Cant quite believe that posters would dilute the atrocious actions of this sick **** with their insipid little comments about dog control.

Yes, dogs are poorly controlled here, and yes it is your right to dislike dogs, but to bring it up as some sort of excuse for this behavior betrays your inhumanity,

Oh my God, I was called inhuman. I am so sad. I must find some time for a good cry. I have owned many dogs over the years. All were well behaved. All were properly trained. It took some work. But, the dogs behaved themselves, and would never get into other peoples stuff. Period. Dogs can be trained. Most Thais do not believe in training either dogs or children. I am not excusing his behavior. I am just stating a fact. If that dog had been well trained, this would not have happened.

I have to agree with you. What happened to the dog is sad but it is also sad that its owner did not take proper care of it and keep it off other peoples property. The dogs owner showed a total lack of responsibility to the the dog as well as their neighbors.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously, I challenge anyone here on TV to propose a philosophical case whereby they can argue intelligently that it is ok for stray, soi dogs with no owners (or even owner owned dogs that stray) that it is ok to go on to other peoples property and bark all night long on the steps of that person's property, chase and or/attack a person walking down the public street or riding a motorbike down a public street, or pee or sheeet all over someone's private property or even in this case to go on someone's private property and destroy other private propert.

It is beyond all reason to ask someone to move away from their property to alleviate this issue.

It is beyond all reason to suggest to just feed the dogs. They will still come to your private property to bark for food every time they see you. etc etc.

Ear plugs do not diminish the sound that much at night when the dogs are outside your unit.

Why is it that in "civilized" societies there are laws against dogs running around freely with fines etc but here no? Is Thailand uncivilized?

Those that argue dogs are just being dogs do not make a case for them not to be eliminated one way or the other.

Should we give a little money every day to a robber to make a friend out of him? Do we not try and have a robber arrested and jailed instead so we do not have to have the problem in the future? Why not the same for a roving perhaps rabid dog?

I'm not saying it is ok to eliminate a dog that barks all day long behind an owner's fenced in wall. That is a different problem. That just shows how utterly stupid, insensitive to their neighbors and clueless a person would have to be to let their dogs do that all night long. So I differentiate. And even there that is clearly making a disturbance once again in civilized societies a fine would imposed.

And if you say yeah, the problem is that T land is not really a civilized society ok fine then we gotta do what the settlers going West in the US did. They solved their own problems their own way.

So again I ask all the bright, intelligent, persuasive TV posters to come up with a solution that makes sense. So far nada.

Have you researched the topic of getting rid of stray dogs, I certainly doubt it. You have to make your steps a very uncomfortable place to hang out for dogs.
Water - Jet of water from a hose directed at the dogs every day to drive them away, like police do for riot control in many countries
Sounds – there are many noises dogs hate, recorded dog snarls, etc. too many to note here – research this yourself
Sprays: pepper spray and various dog spray repellents
Granules: various granules sold on the market that dogs and cats hate
Electronic: various electronic repellent or deterrent devices sold on Internet
Sprinkle crushed red pepper all around your steps.
Cayenne and black pepper. By mixing these two together you come up with a safe, natural, and cheap stray dog deterrent

I love the Thai mentality...or lack of...they know how to take care of business...on the spot judgement and punishment...

The dog will never raise a paw at the man again...

Hope the dummy swordsman...goes to jail and is molested on a daily basis...

Would serve him right...

Foolish man, he should have just left poison out and done the job properly

So poisoning a dog is a preferable solution to cutting off its paws. Tell me, what cesspool did you get your values from?

Your a twit! To put poison out would have absolved him from any crime as well as solving his problem. Im not saying it's right or wrong. But after paying thousands of baht for piglets and then having them all bitten by strays and dying I cant argue that leaving poison out for any vermin is not a feasible solution. I stopped trying to raise pigs after I lost so much money from strays. But, should I try it again, leaving poison out is an option I would consider.

cruelest...and dumbest post ever.

evidently...you don't have the capacity or love to ever own a pet.

accidents happen, some young dogs like to play, run off, perhaps chew a slipper. The owner already reimbursed the man for his shoes.

How would you like to have your hand cut off if you dropped your dinner plate at a restaurant?

Perhaps you belong in a country where dismemberment for minor offenses is the law. Happy you.

Edited by slipperylobster

So poisoning a dog is a preferable solution to cutting off its paws. Tell me, what cesspool did you get your values from?

Your a twit! To put poison out would have absolved him from any crime as well as solving his problem. Im not saying it's right or wrong. But after paying thousands of baht for piglets and then having them all bitten by strays and dying I cant argue that leaving poison out for any vermin is not a feasible solution. I stopped trying to raise pigs after I lost so much money from strays. But, should I try it again, leaving poison out is an option I would consider.

..and your a <deleted>..for not comprehending that this was not a "stray" or a "soi dog". This was a playful, neighbor's pet, who got carried away with a shoe. The animal did not bite anyone, or hurt any farm stock (your case). My dog is not vermin..and neither is this one.

...sounds like the only vermin here is somebody that just spreads poison around and dismembers dogs for chewing on things.

Seriously, I challenge anyone here on TV to propose a philosophical case whereby they can argue intelligently that it is ok for stray, soi dogs with no owners (or even owner owned dogs that stray) that it is ok to go on to other peoples property and bark all night long on the steps of that person's property, chase and or/attack a person walking down the public street or riding a motorbike down a public street, or pee or sheeet all over someone's private property or even in this case to go on someone's private property and destroy other private propert.

It is beyond all reason to ask someone to move away from their property to alleviate this issue.

It is beyond all reason to suggest to just feed the dogs. They will still come to your private property to bark for food every time they see you. etc etc.

Ear plugs do not diminish the sound that much at night when the dogs are outside your unit.

Why is it that in "civilized" societies there are laws against dogs running around freely with fines etc but here no? Is Thailand uncivilized?

Those that argue dogs are just being dogs do not make a case for them not to be eliminated one way or the other.

Should we give a little money every day to a robber to make a friend out of him? Do we not try and have a robber arrested and jailed instead so we do not have to have the problem in the future? Why not the same for a roving perhaps rabid dog?

I'm not saying it is ok to eliminate a dog that barks all day long behind an owner's fenced in wall. That is a different problem. That just shows how utterly stupid, insensitive to their neighbors and clueless a person would have to be to let their dogs do that all night long. So I differentiate. And even there that is clearly making a disturbance once again in civilized societies a fine would imposed.

And if you say yeah, the problem is that T land is not really a civilized society ok fine then we gotta do what the settlers going West in the US did. They solved their own problems their own way.

So again I ask all the bright, intelligent, persuasive TV posters to come up with a solution that makes sense. So far nada.

Have you researched the topic of getting rid of stray dogs, I certainly doubt it. You have to make your steps a very uncomfortable place to hang out for dogs.
Water - Jet of water from a hose directed at the dogs every day to drive them away, like police do for riot control in many countries
Sounds – there are many noises dogs hate, recorded dog snarls, etc. too many to note here – research this yourself
Cayenne and black pepper. By mixing these two together you come up with a safe, natural, and cheap stray dog deterrent

Again, not a case of being a "soi dog" or "stray with no owner".

The owner reimbursed the man...and would continue to do so.

I would not mind getting a thousand baht for a chewed slipper every once in a while. The dog posed no danger, and I would get brand new slippers every week.

I had a dog called "Jack Sparrow", for the following reason.

Jack was not really our dog, the mom just sort of hung out at the house (being abandoned by the owner). She was pregnant. A few weeks later she had eight puppies that had to be given away. We "fixed" the mom, and still have her five year later. A very well trained dog, who stays home and does not wander. The property we rented had no fences and many strays..just outside the city.

Jack was a thief. We were able to get him out to the country (relative's land)...but not before shoes and slippers started showing up in our yard. Here is how he was taught that this was not to his advantage. Sort of funny, but not overly cruel. I tied every shoe or slipper in the yard to his collar. He could not run off with all the shoes, and very quickly learned that shoes where not a luxury item..but a punishment.

post-163145-0-90227600-1462671299_thumb.

Edited by slipperylobster

Agree with u slippery lobster ...I have a dachshund and they are notorious for being hard to train

The whole idea is to train them like soldiers :) punish them appropriately and show them the boundaries but not outright cruelty like this ...this is brainless

Cruelty is our species darkest attribute. What we do to animals is only a glimmer of what we do to each other.

You're kidding right ?

What we do to animals is FAR WORSE of what we do to each other.

Is it?

Again, not a case of being a "soi dog" or "stray with no owner".

The owner reimbursed the man...and would continue to do so.

I would not mind getting a thousand baht for a chewed slipper every once in a while. The dog posed no danger, and I would get brand new slippers every week.

I was referring to the soi dog problem SCARLETIBIS1 has to help find a solution