Danish tourist hurt in Walking Street punch up

webfact

dane.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A Danish tourist suffered a black eye after an early morning punch up at The Iron Club on Pattaya's Walking Street.

The man,identified only as Andre, 24, claimed that another tourist hit him but when officers arrived the other party denied it.

Andre was treated at the scene and took himself off to hospital for a check-up.

Police will check CCTV to find out what actually happened in the 4am assault.

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-06

the thai cop seems to find it very funny

And the foreigner cop, 'fitting in' with the locals. Having a nice open mouth laugh in front of the victim.
Even the "victim" has a smirk, so I guess a good time was had by all ☺

Also no mention if the club was cited for being open way passed permitted hours...I guess no surprise in that.

Danish Tourist Injured in Walking Street, Pattaya

by.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police were called to an incident in Walking Street at 4am on Friday 6th May after being informed that a tourist had been injured.

A medical team from the Sawangboriboon Volunteer Services also arrived at the scene outside the Iron Club on the famous party street. A 24-Year- old Danish national, who only gave his name as Andre, was treated there for injuries to his left eye and who also reported numerous bruises to his body before volunteers took him to a local hospital for further assessment.

The police believe that Andre had been fighting with another Danish national but club staff, who had been approached for help by the victim after the assault, and other tourists in the area dispute that version of events.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/crime/223869/danish-tourist-injured-walking-street-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-06

the thai cop seems to find it very funny

And the foreigner cop, 'fitting in' with the locals. Having a nice open mouth laugh in front of the victim.
Even the "victim" has a smirk, so I guess a good time was had by all ☺

Also no mention if the club was cited for being open way passed permitted hours...I guess no surprise in that.

Most Walking Street gogos have late licences as it's in the official entertainment zone.

There's no such thing as a 'late license' for public entertainment with or without alcohol in Thailand. You pay the cops and/or local orbortor, puyai bahn, etc. and just get on with it.

Furthermore, there's no "official entertainment zone" anywhere in Thailand either.

Nice 'wallpaper' at Iron BTW.

Edited by NanLaew

All the "knockers" of the foreign police volunteer should try being on duty until 4am in the street one night in this weather for no compensation and no gratitude.

That the camera belies his real age is immaterial - he is trying to do some good and filling his retirement time usefully regardless of counter opinions.

Good call don, at least he's not at home, pounding on a keyboard and wasting bandwidth like all the other haters here.

Some off topic, baiting and troll posts have been removed, topic is about:

Not volunteer tourist police

Me thinks the only amazing part on this topic is that a little brawl among kids in a bar in the wee hours of the morning makes it into the media.

Somewhere else in the world not even worth one word to be publizied except a celeb is involved of course. This raises the question whether all aliens in Pattaya are kind of VIPs.. The glorious E.T. is living or so. Mr. Spielberg may consider a sequel.

Guess the featured cops asked themselves the same question and hence surely no offence meant in terms of the "victim". w00t.gif

24 years of age, single (probably) good looking blond boy in Pattaya where the girls (or boys) will go crazy for some love time with him, 4.00am in a bar having a bit of a punch up and still smurking? Not sure if we are supposed to feel sorry for him but nas far as I can see he is on cloud nine and having the time of his life. Oh to be in his shoes for a day!

Hope the article doesn't make the Danish press or his parents may have a word or two to say to him!

There's no such thing as a 'late license' for public entertainment with or without alcohol in Thailand. You pay the cops and/or local orbortor, puyai bahn, etc. and just get on with it.

Furthermore, there's no "official entertainment zone" anywhere in Thailand either.

Nice 'wallpaper' at Iron BTW.

Patpong, RCA and Ratchada in Bangkok are in Entertainment Zones for which different licensing/opening rules apply.

It was my understanding that Walking Street in Pattaya and Bangla in Phuket were also zoned areas.

Obviously, being Thailand other options are available!

I think it is quite obvious the man with the tight brown pantsuit made a joke about the victim to his face in a language he doesn't understand.

Why start being professional now?

Edited by soistalker