Will Chinese get bored of Thailand?

I think it's just a current fad. They are not interested in girls and certainly not interested in culture. What can they possibly do here? Buy real estate in Chiang Mai? It's also a fad. Chinese like to buy real estate in USA/Australia/UK and Canada. I predict in 2 years Chinese numbers will go down and business will be back as usual.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope you are right but my feeling is they are here to stay. What with all the pollution and massive population in China, I am sure many Chinese are looking to migrate elsewhere to try an escape the harsh conditions in China. I think a lot of the Chinese who come to Thailand become enamored with the country and think they are in some sort of a fantasy world with much lower prices, as well as many interesting venues from the beaches to the mountains and all points in between. I guess time will tell.

i pity the Chinese! they lack the Farang option to ask silly questions in an English language forum when they are very bored laugh.png

I asked the same q a while back.............what do they tell their friends back home in china.....

No more a stupid question than many of q's asked in various threads....

Curious.......because from my personal experience,thais don't speak to well of them.......Don't spent enough apparentlywink.png

My sense is the Chinese economy is seriously slowing down. Consequently, the Chinese government will much prefer to have the citizens vacation in their own vast country.

This theory begins to explain why the Chinese news outlets covered the beating of the Brits so extensively and repeatedly. That is, vacation home, where you will be ... SAFE!

Economic conditions getting scammed by Thais etc. will reduce numbers at some stage. Yes it may be a fad for now but maybe not in a few years. Time will tell.

Starting next month Chinese won't be allowed to drive to Thailand freely anymore but that won't have more than a tiny impact as out of the almost 8 million that arrived last year 99% came by plane or bus.

i pity the Chinese! they lack the Farang option to ask silly questions in an English language forum when they are very bored laugh.png

I asked the same q a while back.............what do they tell their friends back home in china.....

No more a stupid question than many of q's asked in various threads....

Curious.......because from my personal experience,thais don't speak to well of them.......Don't spent enough apparentlywink.png

"No more a stupid question than many of q's asked in various threads...."

You have a point there, but hardly a robust defense. Stupid isn't elevated to intelligent when it's compared to really, really stupid.

"Curious.......because from my personal experience,thais don't speak to [sic] well of them "

From your personal experience do Thais speak glowingly of drunken farang sex-tourists? It seems that visitor demographic hasn't tapered off yet due to boredom.

i see a lot of tour buses with Chinese writing dropping men at the massage establishments on Ratchada at night when i'm across the street at a hotel enjoying tea and 50% off on bakery items. Don't think they're getting foot massages.

s

Will they get used to living shoulder to shoulder in their polluted, impolite environment that is China? The answer is probably "only slightly, with huge reservations." Thailand would be a neighboring Eden. (Comparatively speaking) There's the answer. The small leak in the dam for Chinese tourists will become a gusher, and then a deluge.

Met several Chinese who work in Thailand. Their attitudes are similar to any other foreigner. After working in Thailand for around eight years, you start to get bored of Thai culture. It just becomes a place that you work. The tourists will feel the same way over time.

The difference is they can sometimes pass for Chinese Thais if their language skills are high.

Thailand is close and easy to get to. I think there will more Chinese coming to Thailand in the future; a lot more.

They haven't been talking about a fast rail link for nothing have they?

Who patronises all those shops selling $25,000 watches and Lamborghinis on the 2nd Floor of Paragon? Japanese, Korean, Chinese fat cats. Can't get them here in enough quantities I'd say, and Bangkok, is probably the cleanest, most efficient, most sophisticated and most interesting city in Asia.

Where else do you go shopping? Where else has shopping centres like we do here. Who else puts on Film Festivals with free admission. I'd like to know actually.

It's estimated that currently about 100 million Chinese go on tour abroad.

Numbers will explode, 200 million, 300 million, ???

It will take long until they all found out that Thailand is boring tongue.png

I think OP underestimates how many Chinese people there actually are.

A lot has grown since geography lessons at school from the mid 60s onward.

Even if only 20% of Chinese and Indian will one time be able to travel abroad....

I think the curves show the biggest thread to human kind overall.

(don't even look at the prognosis for Africa)

"Mrd" = US billion, "Indien" = India

post-99794-0-04218300-1462593918_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

It is not about getting bored with Thailand, they are bored shitless at home. Difference is, now there is a middle class with spare cash. And it is a face thing to travel too. The Chinese diaspora is about to explode.

Wishful OP but nup.

I think OP underestimates how many Chinese people there actually are.

A lot has grown since geography lessons at school from the mid 60s onward.

Even if only 20% of Chinese and Indian will one time be able to travel abroad....

I think the curves show the biggest thread to human kind overall.

(don't even look at the prognosis for Africa)

"Mrd" = US billion, "Indien" = India

attachicon.gifgrowth.jpg

Mostly quantity over quality in both those places, but can't blame the people themselves for that either.

the question is a bit vague..... its like asking would flies ever get tired of hovering over festing food. Well look at the proportions / China is loosing representive grounds with the rest of the world.... and they would very cunningly want to merge into thailand or even own it in their way of infiltration...but this is for the politicians... For those who are wondering what would be the new profitable wave among tourism....there is non more the contrary.

- Get used to groups following a flag

- over crowded food malls...where they just shop with their eyes.

- Eating out is paid in China....so all they do is turn up in one of their own King Long buses...follow the flag and empty the dishes

- Quality tourism.... way out get used to Chinese.... chicken farm mentality... the singaporeans call it Kiasu

In my opinion...they will never get tired... perhaps the Thais might get annoyed and tired of this swam if allowed uncontrolled.