I need a Visa to China ?

Guess this has been covered before but I plan to go to china in the next month or so for a few days .

UK passport holder , guess I need to go to the Chinese Embassy in BKK ?

Anyone done this recently or be kind be kind enough to post info or a link to previous threads .

On the TV app cant figure out the search function unless it brings up 100s of irrelevant posts.

Cheers in advance

According to the FAQ section of the Chinese Visa Application Centre http://www.visaforchina.org/BKK_EN/ you can apply in person at the VAC in Bangkok. or you can submit by post or via an agent.

9. Do I have to apply for a visa through a travel agency?

No, you don’t. You can apply via a travel agency or come directly to our office in person or mail your application to the Visa Centre.

I'm pretty sure you can no longer submit your application at the Chinese Embassy, so I'm assuming that you can't submit via a Consulate.

We got tourist visas in Phuket in March without any problems. Had to show accommodation bookings and flight tickets. However we both have long-term Thai visas; I do not know if you can apply while on tourist visa or visa exemption here.

Edited by Gregory Morozov
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

any updates to this topic? I'm in Pattaya and needing a single-entry visa for Shenzhen for 3-4 days.

It's said if you go to Hong Kong you can get a visa on arrival (for Shenzhen only) but it seems only if you go to the border by subway

is that right? I was hoping to catch one of the door-to-door minivans at HK Airport. You stay in the van while all the passports are passed through the window to the border officers

OR does anyone know which can save me a trip to Bkk and get me a double entry visa, valid for 3-6 months?

The Shenzhen-only visa is available at the vehicle-crossing at Huanggang, but the service hours apparently are very limited. Besides, I don't think you can apply for the visa without getting out of the van and holding all the other passengers up. And some vehicles use the Shenzhen Bay crossing, not Huanggang.

Remember that a few nationalities, Americans in particular, are not eligible for the Shenzhen-only visa.

The easiest way to get the VOA for the Shenzhen Shekou region is to take the fast ferry boat directly from HKG (airport), note that the ferry is air side at HKG, VOA desk is available at arrival at Shekou Ferry port, need to check the timing though, as the desk does close in the evening, so have to fly in to HKG and get the ferry that arrives prior to the VOA desk closing.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-connection-with-mainland-china/ferry-transfer/service-at-a-glance.html

As far as I can tell, these are the opening times to get the VOA in Shekou:

Shekou Port (09:30-13:00 and 14:30-17:00) - Nanshan district