‘Enthroned’ Axl Rose rocks in AC/DC debut in Lisbon

webfact

‘Enthroned’ Axl Rose rocks in AC/DC debut in Lisbon

606x341_332113.jpg

LISBON: -- The schoolboy-clad Angus Young has been a permanent fixture with AC/DC for decades.

Not so the band’s replacement singer: Axl Rose.

The fact the Guns N’ Roses frontman was chairbound after breaking his foot only added to the intrigue for fans and critics alike, as he took the stage for the first time with AC/DC in Lisbon.

The veteran band were forced to reschedule dates on their Rock or Bust tour after singer Brian Johnson was warned he risked “total hearing loss” if he continued.

Axl Rose’s appearance was AC/DC’s most anticipated change since Johnson himself replaced Bon Scott in 1980.

Even the pouring rain at the outdoor venue – or Rose’s confinement to his stage “throne” – was not going to dampen their enthusiasm.

“Yeah, he was good, I think he (Axl Rose) was good, I think he was good, he did it well,” one young female fan said after the concert.

“It was fantastic, it did not disappoint. It was a concert that exceeded expectations,” said another woman.

“You couldn’t even tell the difference in the vocals, you just have to love it,” added a third.

The band are on tour in Europe for the next month, including dates at London’s Olympic Park on June 4 and at Manchester’s Etihad Stadium on June 9.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-05-09

I would love to hear a recording of this. All the reviews I've come across thus far have been very positive indeed.

umm click on the YouTube link above.

Ahhhh, thank you. The You Tube is blocked at my work. so I sent to my phone. :)

I would love to hear a recording of this. All the reviews I've come across thus far have been very positive indeed.

He did ok...a Bon Scott or Brian Johnson he is defintely not and his voice comes across as a bit whiney but overall he handled the material ok..

Never thought much of Axl. Charging up and down the stage in his underpants and headscarve

Will never be able to replace the Geordie. I hope his hearing recovers....

The Geordie is never going to sing live with them ever again, although i did read he may be able to do studio work with them in time

Never thought much of Axl. Charging up and down the stage in his underpants and headscarve

The Geordie is never going to sing live with them ever again, although i did read he may be able to do studio work with them in time

Tragic. He was TNT

Tragic. He was TNT

Tragic yes...but comes with the job sad to say...Pete Townsend, John Illsley from Dire Straits, Clapton, Ozzy, Neil Young, Phil Collins, even George Martin....all have/had hearing problems

umm click on the YouTube link above.
I did and the footage looked utter cack to me. Replacing Brian Johnson with this clown was bad enough, but performing when Axl was wheelchair bound too? What you had there was a big empty stage save for Angus Young bouncing around.

The fans were cheated in my opinion.

I got into AC/DC rather late

In the 90s you heard them a lot in Nana bars when they were full of expense account business guys and the girls were grateful!

Now it's all Aussies in vests and lousy hip hop which the girls want and most punters can't abide!

Bring back AC-DC

Edited by Grouse

This is the equivalent of outsourcing ACDC to India - Will they make their Q316 forecast? What will the revenue and OP delta's be in constant currency due EOD Friday. Thanks next contract review..