Colombian male model arrested for defaming top Thai model industry figure

webfact

Colombian male model arrested for defaming top Thai model industry figure

spa.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- A 32 year old Colombian male model in Bangkok was arrested Sunday and held on a charge of defamation.

The charge relates to comments posted online by Diego Fernando Gonzalez Rojas made in late November and early December last year, reports Thairath.

He is alleged to have defamed Kitti Pratipnatsiri who is the owner of Elite Model Management (Thailand) Co Ltd and a leading figure in the modelling industry. A warrant for the Columbian's arrest was issued last Thursday.

The Rachada Criminal court ordered him held for twelve days.

Later relatives arrived at the court to ask for his release posting 200,000 baht bail.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-09

Part of a world wide chain and this action won't sit well with them, bad publicity, think pressure will be bought to bear on social media outside Thailand for the charges to dropped, Defamation should be civil not criminal.

He should be allowed to express his opinion. He is a model. ELITE is huge and can easilly brush this off. Truth must hurt

Or maybe Khun Junta owns this franchise and OMG they say he bad... OMG

Part of a world wide chain and this action won't sit well with them, bad publicity, think pressure will be bought to bear on social media outside Thailand for the charges to dropped, Defamation should be civil not criminal.

Who cares? Face is more important.

If you were a newbie in Thailand and read this story, you would think, "wow! Thailand has strict laws". The logical question for the newbie might be, "Well, what do you get for murder?"

I don't think the newbie would believe the answer.

If you were a newbie in Thailand and read this story, you would think, "wow! Thailand has strict laws". The logical question for the newbie might be, "Well, what do you get for murder?"

TIT. Where the sword is mightier than the pen.

He should be allowed to express his opinion. He is a model. ELITE is huge and can easilly brush this off. Truth must hurt

Do you know what he said and the context in which he made those comments?

Could you share them with us please?

Elite Thailand's website and Facebook page give the impression that they employ exclusively farang models. I wonder if Mr Kitti obtains work permits for every single one of these foreign models, meaning, I believe, that they would have to be employed on salaries. The temptation to occasionally hire a foreign model for cash without work permit for a one-off job must sometimes be overwhelming.

I wonder what the Colombian said about Mr Kitti on his FB page and whether it was really so devastatingly damaging that police had no choice but to go along with a criminal defamation charge, or whether they just somehow felt it might be advantageous to them. It looks rather like using a sledge hammer to crush a nut.

I guess they knew each because the model had worked for Elite, with or without WP, and the model somehow found this an unsatisfactory experience in common with many other farangs who have experience of working for Thai-Chinese business owners.

Why do people that live here risk a stupid defamation charge by posting while living here local,Just have an acquaintance outside LOS to do it for them.

Edited by sanukjim

TIT. Where the sword is mightier than the pen.

A truer word never said

There will come a time when TV will be muted given that nobody is allowed Freedom of speech or what is determined as a point of view that doesn't fit in with what they see as the right agenda. Have a hay day cause' times are a changin' my friend

Why do people that live here risk a stupid defamation charge by posting while living here local,Just have an acquaintance outside LOS to do it for them.

I suppose because the system has not yet ground them down. I have been ground down, I've been here almost 20 years. The locals for the most part are cowed by the time they leave school. I guess this Colombian guy wanted to share his bad treatment with others. He too will be ground down in time.

Do you know what he said and the context in which he made those comments?

Could you share them with us please?

It would not really matter what he said would it? He is basically and EMPLOYEE in the model world. How many people write MY BOSS IS A KING SHIT! Who cares what he said could it REALLY hurt a large agency from some little known Model? Strut the catwalk babe!

My flight is already booked! I also need a holiday so a little AA may be nice 55555555555 Wont change my big A for this place now

I suppose because the system has not yet ground them down. I have been ground down, I've been here almost 20 years. The locals for the most part are cowed by the time they leave school. I guess this Colombian guy wanted to share his bad treatment with others. He too will be ground down in time.

My spirit is too hard to be broken. And I never intended on dying here. Business only

Edited by marcusd

Is it defamation if I say fat lot, or sluggish, injustice and ignorant lot.... am I taken under criminal law...... Phew...Now I know its better to hit the daylights out of someone and blame it on booze and get away with a wai and a smile......Thai style.

Obviously, that's the way to do it.

But most farangs are ​ngoh.

Ask any Thai.

so if a bunch of thais beat a 65 yo foreign grandmother, they can get bail

but if a foreigner is 'allegedly defaming a thai', he will be keep in jail for 12 days.... these thai people, they really hate us!

You couldn't write this stuff, 12 days for alleged defamation? and that's before any real prosecution takes place. What a grate country.

Until proven in court every offence, in any country, not just Thailand, is alleged.

Thailand is a country as grate [sic] as any other in this case, he got bail.

Whilst the government is trying to promote the film industry in TH, the immigration department is trying to bust foreign models and film extras ?

Shambolic as usual.

Not quite accurate, as you know, and definitely not shamblolic. Illegal models, working without work permits and not paying tax are being targeted as they should be.

It's a shame this model wasn't bright enough to heed the warnings that were issued to the models and agencies some weeks ago .