1 Year Multiple Visa Non Imm O - what's next?

Hi guys.

I have recently obtained a 1 Year Multiple Non Imm O Visa from Savannakhet, Laos based on marriage to a Thai citizen ( no issues there, all good ) and am a bit unsure of the next step I need to take to continue my stay in the Land of Smiles.

I do know that after this Visa has expired I will be looking to get the Extension of Stay ( based on marriage ) which I will obtain within Thailand, bit I am curious, when would / could I do this?

Do I have to wait the whole year for the current Visa to expire and then apply for the Extension of Stay? In which case, do I have to leave Thailand and re-enter every 90 days?

Or can I apply for the Extension of Stay at the end of the first 90 days in approximately 2 months time for me?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

You can apply whenever you satisfy the conditions (mainly financials, seasoning in case of bank account) and have papers ready.

Just that obtaining a multiple was a (small) waste of money if you do it during the first 90 days.

then apply for the Extension of Stay? In which case, do I have to leave Thailand and re-enter every 90 days?

No, with the extension you can stay for one year without leaving.

Just need to do 90 day report either in person at the immigration or via postal mail or via internet.

Edited by KhunBENQ

You can apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage during the last 30 day of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

General list of required documents and etc follows.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

What do you mean by updated KR2??! The original one is no good?! Mine is seven years old, is this too old?

Many offices require an updated document. Your wife can easily obtain one from any Amphur using her ID card. The cost amounts to approx 25 Bht

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

I was recently browsing and came across a post relating to Financials with regards Extension of Stay based on Marriage.

"please show an account deposit certificate confirming your moneys not less than 400,000 THB and have been continually deposited for at least 3 months (for the first time of application) and 2 months (for the next time of application). Please show the certificate together with a Thai passbook."

Is this really the case? i.e. funds need to be in the bank for 3 months on the first time of application and then subsequently 2 months? Or did I just come across an incorrect post?

Much appreciated

Referring to previous post.

In case of extension based on marriage I don't see a three month requirement?

Always two months.

From "Immigration Bureau order 327-2557 (2014) - extension criteria & conditions"

2.18, (6)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=311797

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual
income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a
bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

For retirement extension it is 60 days for first application and three months for subsequent.

So also contradictionary to your quoted text.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Hi similar question, already did my extension of stay last year, now doing 90 day reporting.

Just did my last 90 day reporting last week, my original extension is up in July but the 90 day is up in Aug, can I wait until Aug to do it or have to do on the visa date in July? As the official at immigration kept on pointing at the visa date in July?

mobile

Hi similar question, already did my extension of stay last year, now doing 90 day reporting.

Just did my last 90 day reporting last week, my original extension is up in July but the 90 day is up in Aug, can I wait until Aug to do it or have to do on the visa date in July? As the official at immigration kept on pointing at the visa date in July?

mobile

A 90 day report does not extend your stay. You must apply for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) in July.

you just shelled out thb 5000 for a 1 year multi - entry, make the best use of it.

if you apply for an extension now and have it granted, you will need re - entry permits every time you leave. that is - if you want to or need to leave.

otherwise a 90 day single entry for thb 2000 would have done it, too.

Edited by manfredtillmann

mobile

A 90 day report does not extend your stay. You must apply for your extension of stay (it is not a visa) in July.
OK thanks

mobile

HI guys - I have another question if you don't mind.

I discovered whilst looking at other Thaivisa posts that it may take 30 days to approve my Extension which I am planning to do next week. Does that mean I will have to leave the country still when my 90 days runs out ( 4th July 2016 ) as my application will still be being processed at that time? This is the first 90 days of my 1 Year Multiple Non Imm O Visa from Savannakhet.

Thanks

HI guys - I have another question if you don't mind.

I discovered whilst looking at other Thaivisa posts that it may take 30 days to approve my Extension which I am planning to do next week. Does that mean I will have to leave the country still when my 90 days runs out ( 4th July 2016 ) as my application will still be being processed at that time? This is the first 90 days of my 1 Year Multiple Non Imm O Visa from Savannakhet.

Thanks

You will be get a under consideration stamp that allows you to stay until your extension is approved. It will have a date on it 30 days from the date you apply or when your current permit to stay ends (dependent upon the office) to report back to see if your extension has been approved. No need to leave the country.