Non-immig b at new phnom penh embassy?

Has anyone gotten a multiple-entry non-immigrant B visa from the new Thai embassy in Phnom Penh in recent weeks, that is, since it reopened after the sacking of the old embassy?

If so, how much of a hassle was it, what are procedures, how long did it take. Actually I don't even know where the new facility is.

I am US national.

Thank you for your help,

Peter

Will check it out tomorrow...or Thursday.

Anyone for an Ankor in the Walkabout/Greyhound/Kim Lees/Lucys Tiger Den/FCC/the Heart of Darkness or Toms over the next 3 days?..Lee Hi. :o

The embassy is open, located in the street opposite the old embassy. There are loads of applicants and long waits. One English person complained the embassy did not provide chairs on the street for us to wait on. Anyway:

The first line is to get the visa forms ( in duplicate) and a number to be called. If I recall correctly, the line opens at 8.30. This goes quickly.

Wait about an hour and a security guard will call your number (in Khmer) and you can submit your passport and forms. This may be more complicated if you don't speak Khmer.

The processing time is 3 days. Ie. submit your passport on Monday morning, and get your visa on Wednesday afternoon. No exceptions or express service.  The people at the emabassy are very friendly and patient.

Donatella from Milan

Can def.confirm that Embassy has re-opened for business (visas)and my local contact assures me of a 1 day service however I will contact again and re-post.Phnom Penh looking pretty good at the moment and NO SARS.The riverfront is packed out with even more bars and restaurants than before and one could almost be on the south bank in Paris-without the heat,and a bit of immagination.The old Heart of Darkness,Walkabout and Howies was rocking with most beers at 1$ a hit.They also now do Chang and Singa (never before)as well as the usual Angkor,Bayon,Hein.Carlsbs,VB,Fosters and a cheeky wee stout called Black Panther at 8.1/2 per cent.(again at mostly 1-1.1/2 $ a throw.)Also for the first time no blackouts and no generators banging away.Worth a looksee.  :o