Spray painting incident won't be repeated, say skytrain officials

Spray painting incident won't be repeated, say skytrain officials

post-137452-0-15665900-1462804373_thumb.

Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- Authorities responsible for Bangkok's skytrain have announced tightened security has been completed that will guard against a repeat of an embarrassing incident in 2013 when two foreigners managed to infiltrate a repair yard in Rama 9 and spray paint a train.

Video footage at the time showed two men climbing over a fence and 'decorating' a carriage in a spray paint design, reports Thairath.

Questions about the security of the travelling public were raised at the time of the incident and then again on Monday after the video started being shared on Thai social media sites over the weekend by people claiming the graffiti had been done recently.

Skytrain officials said that fences including barbed wire had been thoroughly upgraded with a much better security system in place to keep people out.

In addition to measures within the repair yard patrols in motor vehicles and on motorcycles in the area around the yard had been introduced around the clock with special emphasis on the period of midnight to 6am.

Source: Thairath

2013??

Good thing that TV is on top of current new events. I sometimes forget what day of the week it is, but I am pretty much on to of the current year. It is 2015 now, right?

no, no we are in 2016whistling.gif

2013??

Good thing that TV is on top of current new events. I sometimes forget what day of the week it is, but I am pretty much on to of the current year. It is 2015 now, right?

no, no we are in 2016whistling.gif[/quote

Nope, it's May 9th 2559BE where I live ;-)

You see, this is the problem with the Thai officialdom mentality: they cannot possibly claim, as intelligent adults, that it won't happen again. They could say they are taking steps to improve which is achievable. Since they are so concerned about saving face something like this should be second nature to them, but instead they go on making fantastical claims only to deny all responsibility when they inevitably fail.

adjective
not competent; lacking qualification or ability; incapable:
an incompetent candidate.
characterized by or showing incompetence:
His incompetent acting ruined the play.
Law.
  1. being unable or legally unqualified to perform specified acts or to be held legally responsible for such acts.
  2. inadmissible, as evidence.

See Thailand.

noun

an incompetent person; a mentally deficient person.
Law. a person lacking power to act with legal effectiveness.
See Thailand.

More farang stupidity in Thailand.

Must be something about their education system, or maybe their parents just spoiled them and never taught them RESPECT. Self centered narcissists painting their names over public property and then showing it off to other farang idiots. In other countries. Not good enough for them to just stay at home and wreck their own krap countries.

Thai kids nearly never do stupid willful damage to other people's property for "fun" as is so popular in white western countries.

I had some d...head spray his tag on my front fence in OZ. I would have thrown a brick at him if I had caught him. I am pretty confident it would not have been a Thai kid who did it.

Australia is covered in graffiti, inner city railways the worst. Hardly see any here, and when I have it has been in English, so probably other farang d...heads.

Nice people these Thais.

I'd rather see good spray art/intelligent graffiti than the dull corporate liveries/commercials on public transport we are subjected to.

Agreed, Skytrain should lighten-up and take a lesson from the amazing artwork on coaches, e.g. by Mee Saeng Bus Body

2013??

"Questions about the security of the travelling public were raised at the time of the incident and then again on Monday after the video started being shared on Thai social media sites over the weekend by people claiming the graffiti had been done recently."

Sounds like a challenge to me. I wouldn't myself because the paint cost too much, but some thug hooligan artistic types might not be so concerned with the cost. Besides, train cars understand that sometimes you have to let art just flow over you, don't be too technical in this day and age of ones and zeros.

I'd rather see good spray art/intelligent graffiti than the dull corporate liveries/commercials on public transport we are subjected to.

The whole thing is that the trains, walls, buses, viaducts are not theirs but are owned by somebody else.

Who has to pay for the cleaning.

If caught those bastards should be spraypainted themselves.

I know about the costs of getting things cleaned up.

A company I worked for had to spend 31 million euro in a certain year.

The ads on public transports help support ongoing construction, maintenance, salaries, expenses, improvements and more! Without advertising, we would not have the fabulous BTS, MRT service we have.

Anyone that supports graffiti is ignorant in my opinion.

Once graffiti begins and is overlooked it spreads like a wild fire.

What pains me is to see more brainless idiots, painting more and more graffiti on walls in Thailand.

What governements should do is if one is arrested for graffiti, that person should be put on a chain gang for 6 months in the heat to paint over and repair graffiti vandalism while wearing a T shirt labeling that person a graffiti criminal prisoner!

Go to any major city in the U.S. and observe the graffiti art, however, if you go down into the wrong cult sac or in the wrong hood or wrong train, you might get capped.

Railroad graffiti is a huge "problem " in North America. But some of the "artists" are quite talented and persistent.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=graffiti+on+railroad+cars&rlz=1C1GNAM_enTH684TH684&espv=2&biw=1360&bih=599&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtrIXvu87MAhXHSI4KHSuOA3cQ_AUIBigB

Saying it won't happen again has just been an open invitation for more attempts by these "vandals"

The ads on public transports help support ongoing construction, maintenance, salaries, expenses, improvements and more! Without advertising, we would not have the fabulous BTS, MRT service we have.

Anyone that supports graffiti is ignorant in my opinion.

Once graffiti begins and is overlooked it spreads like a wild fire.

What pains me is to see more brainless idiots, painting more and more graffiti on walls in Thailand.

What governements should do is if one is arrested for graffiti, that person should be put on a chain gang for 6 months in the heat to paint over and repair graffiti vandalism while wearing a T shirt labeling that person a graffiti criminal prisoner!

Go to any major city in the U.S. and observe the graffiti art, however, if you go down into the wrong cult sac or in the wrong hood or wrong train, you might get capped.

It could be even harder facepalm.gif

Only problem is is that it's rarely good or intelligent. A vast majority of it is just rubbish tags done by talentless dip shits.

Some graffiti is quite artistic, most of it rubbish. Either way it's all about defacing someone else's property and that's criminal behaviour.

By all means spray paint your own home - castle, mansion, hovel, shoebox.

I see nothing in the post that tells me it was foreigners so where is it stated that they were?

Let me help you...................

"................a repeat of an embarrassing incident in 2013 when two foreigners managed to infiltrate a repair yard in Rama 9 and spray paint a train."thumbsup.gif

It is amazing how Thailand/Thai people are blamed even when stupid foreigners destroy Thai property.

Sure, Thailand has more than enough of these "classy" foreigners AND followers to boot!!

Must be something about their education system, or maybe their parents just spoiled them and never taught them RESPECT. Self centered narcissists painting their names over public property and then showing it off to other farang idiots. In other countries. Not good enough for them to just stay at home and wreck their own krap countries.

Thai kids nearly never do stupid willful damage to other people's property for "fun" as is so popular in white western countries.

I had some d...head spray his tag on my front fence in OZ. I would have thrown a brick at him if I had caught him. I am pretty confident it would not have been a Thai kid who did it.

Australia is covered in graffiti, inner city railways the worst. Hardly see any here, and when I have it has been in English, so probably other farang d...heads.

Nice people these Thais.

Thai's never spray paint or graffiti?

Really, because if not there are an awful lot of non Thai's spray painting/graffiti-ing here in Bangkok in remarkably good Thai.

Who'd have thought it, huh...

Nice people these Thais.

Really, because if not there are an awful lot of non Thai's spray painting/graffiti-ing here in Bangkok in remarkably good Thai.

I said "nearly never" . Not "never"

Compared to western countries, less than one percent here. So hardly ever.

I live in the Paradise City of Love by the Sea, minimal graffiti here. It is a lot more affluent down here than Bangkok on average. Not much serious crime down here either. Just petty tourist town type crime.

I notice its absence around the country areas as well and at other beach areas.

Thai kids just are not into willful vandalism of public property and peoples stuff.

As I said, I was a victim of it, but not in Thailand.

It is just not the done thing here.

Nice sensible kids these Thais.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Bangkok maybe it is different there where you live.

But I have used the nice clean, air conditioned graffiti-less trains and enjoyed the graffiti-less views traveling through all the graffiti-less train stations. No aggro either.

All very impressive.

Nice people these Thais.

I said "nearly never" . Not "never"

Compared to western countries, less than one percent here. So hardly ever.

I live in the Paradise City of Love by the Sea, minimal graffiti here. It is a lot more affluent down here than Bangkok on average. Not much serious crime down here either. Just petty tourist town type crime.

I notice its absence around the country areas as well and at other beach areas.

Thai kids just are not into willful vandalism of public property and peoples stuff.

As I said, I was a victim of it, but not in Thailand.

It is just not the done thing here.

Nice sensible kids these Thais.

I haven't spent a lot of time in Bangkok maybe it is different there where you live.

But I have used the nice clean, air conditioned graffiti-less trains and enjoyed the graffiti-less views traveling through all the graffiti-less train stations. No aggro either.

All very impressive.

How nice for you.

Fact is, whether you like it or not and I suspect not, is that Thais are as likely to graffiti/spray paint as any other nationality.

And they do.

Pure nonsense to claim otherwise.

Edited by Bluespunk