Window Film for cars , just changed , disappointed....

Hi all,

I've just changed window films on my Chevrolet Cruze with 3M dark black , 60 % on side and on the front windshield and rear window. Problem is that I got some reflection issue...In the night the lights from outside are blurry and, as I said, there's a sort of reflection effect expecially on the rear window.

I paid 4,500 baht for the entire car...I guess this film is the cheapest one...I've heard of other types of films like multicolor or cristalline , more expensive and more performing. I wonder if my issues are related to the 3M film I've just installed .

Any expert who can explain ?

Thanx a lot.

This topic has been discussed a few times. Price reflects quality, but also different to what you may prefer. I prefer to see out at night, more than anything else, with not much glare etc. So I opted for 3M Crystalline CR70. About 12,000. Couldn't be happier.

Sounds to cheap. Are you sure it's original?. Does it have 3M and a code printed on the film?.

Yes, there is 3M code printed on the film . I don't know if the glare ad reflection issues are related to the poor quality or the 60 % of the film, wich is too dark.

Do not travel outside Thailand.

Or at night. Or with sunglasses... Ok lah?

Sorry to hear that the product supplied to you sounds even less safe than quality tinting.

Careful driving.

If you have 60% on the Windscreen you have been in Thailand too long! Crazy! you cannot see at night, that is one of the reasons so many Motor Cycles get cleaned up, no Tail Light etc. Totally Brainless! Not legal anywhere else in the World. ask yourself why!

I'm happy with my SolarFX ... a ceramic...loads of topics on window film ...for 4500thb you will get a poor quality film

What % tint did you get?

fully blacked out when looking in?

No issues at night?

Sounds to cheap. Are you sure it's original?. Does it have 3M and a code printed on the film?.

Yes, there is 3M code printed on the film . I don't know if the glare ad reflection issues are related to the poor quality or the 60 % of the film, wich is too dark.

My wife has 3M (60%) on the front window. She loves it, and I hate it; but after dark, the view is still clear, but to dark for me.

I only have 15 cm film on the top of the window in my car.

My wife bought a car not long ago and the first time I drove it was at night. I told her never again. Either she get the tinting changed so you can see out of the car at night I was not going in the car either as a passenger or driver. No, she liked driving around in a car no one could see in and what the hell if no one could see out at night. I don't use the car.

I'm happy with my SolarFX ... a ceramic...loads of topics on window film ...for 4500thb you will get a poor quality film

What % tint did you get?

fully blacked out when looking in?

No issues at night?

You can look it up in a previous thread ... but ...pretty sure it was 30 on windscreen and front side windows ...20 on rear side, rear window and roof. Looking back 05 would have been better.on the roof.

Yes reasonably dark looking from outside ...I don't have problems at night

I think this is a major contributor to the road toll in Thailand....the tinting is too dark! Can not see other drivers so there is no "communication", and Thai drivers with dark tinting can not see properly at night. Other countries have rules for this, and actually enforce them, via the police. I doubt whether the average Thai would understand the problem....

I think this is a major contributor to the road toll in Thailand....the tinting is too dark! Can not see other drivers so there is no "communication", and Thai drivers with dark tinting can not see properly at night. Other countries have rules for this, and actually enforce them, via the police. I doubt whether the average Thai would understand the problem....

You are quite right on this, bloody crazy to tint Windscreen, but this is Thailand, brains the size of a Flea!

I've been to the dealer shop and I get more info about windows film.

They have are 3 kinds of 3M film. The one I have wich is darker, the milion film wich is brighter at the same price, and the crystalline wich is even brighter (only 40 %) and it costs 16,000 baht for the entire car.

They say the milion film is able to stop the sun more than the one I have even if it's brighter but could give problem on GPS and easy pass. The crystalline is the brightest one , protects more from the sun and no problem with GPS and easy pass.

That's what they told me....

Does anyone know a trusted place in Bangkok-Pattaya ?

I found this on the net : http://www.solarkool.biz/cars.html , any feedback ?

Thanx.

Our neice has a Fortuner with 60% all round and it worries me whenever Im asked to drive it.

Between the tint and the too large windscreen pillars AND the overly large side mirrors I really cant see all that I need to.and its scarey !

My Lacoste T shirts have Lacoste written on them but I bought them in Mikes shopping mall for 200 baht.

Where did you get your windows tinted?

My Lacoste T shirts have Lacoste written on them but I bought them in Mikes shopping mall for 200 baht.

Where did you get your windows tinted?

Mikes Shopping Mall as it happens !!!!

You are quite right on this, bloody crazy to tint Windscreen, but this is Thailand, brains the size of a Flea!
Including most of the supposedly more intelligent foreigners here.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

This topic has been discussed a few times. Price reflects quality, but also different to what you may prefer. I prefer to see out at night, more than anything else, with not much glare etc. So I opted for 3M Crystalline CR70. About 12,000. Couldn't be happier.

Thanx mortenaa, can you tell me how much percentage has your film ? 40 % , 30 % ?

What do you think about HI Kool brand ?

Cheers.

Thanx mortenaa, can you tell me how much percentage has your film ? 40 % , 30 % ?

What do you think about HI Kool brand ?

Cheers.

It's a so called 30% film, hence the name CR70, but much clearer than eg. a Lamina (also 30%) I had previously. Like night and day so to speak ;-)

I starting to have problems with night visibility, and with the old film, I wasn't comfortable driving at night. With the CR70, I don't have any problems. I paid 12,000 for a whole car, and with this car, I just changed the windshield. 4,000 Baht.

Edited by mortenaa

It's a so called 30% film, hence the name CR70, but much clearer than eg. a Lamina (also 30%) I had previously. Like night and day so to speak ;-)

I starting to have problems with night visibility, and with the old film, I wasn't comfortable driving at night. With the CR70, I don't have any problems. I paid 12,000 for a whole car, and with this car, I just changed the windshield. 4,000 Baht.

Did you change your films in Bangkok ? Any shop to recommend ?

Thanx again,

Did you change your films in Bangkok ? Any shop to recommend ?

Thanx again,

You can check out

http://www.2dinthailand.com

Combined stereo and 3M shop.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk