Chinese Embassy Khon Kaen

CGW

Has anybody used this place to get a visa? much closer for me than going to Bangkok but Chinese embassies can be "difficult" so interested if anyone has used successfully.

Cheers

Incorrect - I've successfully applied for Chinese visas at the consulate in Chiang Mai, so I would assume that Khon Kaen should work too, especially since I've also successfully applied for both Lao and Vietnamese visas in that city, so can't see any reason why a Chinese visa would be any different.

In fact, I think Khon Kaen would be the perfect place to apply since 1) no crowds 2) no waiting for 2 hours in line 3) friendlier staff

Otherwise, the requirements are probably much the same as applying in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

Incorrect - I've successfully applied for Chinese visas at the consulate in Chiang Mai, so I would assume that Khon Kaen should work too, especially since I've also successfully applied for both Lao and Vietnamese visas in that city, so can't see any reason why a Chinese visa would be any different.

In fact, I think Khon Kaen would be the perfect place to apply since 1) no crowds 2) no waiting for 2 hours in line 3) friendlier staff

Otherwise, the requirements are probably much the same as applying in Bangkok or Chiang Mai.

How long ago did you use the Consulate in Chaing Mai? The process in Bangkok changed a little over a year ago and you now file with a company instead of directly with the Consulate. So, it would be good to know if the Consulates outside of Bangkok still follow the old process (and if they still issue visa, since Bangkok is the only processing center listed for Thailand).

I haven't gone through the new process using the outside processing center because I luckily got a 10 year visa the last time I applied at the consulate in Bangkok; however, that was just because there was a new reciprocity agreement between the US and China that overrode the local rule of no multiple entry visas for non-Thais. When filing with the consulate directly, the main issue was that they were very specific on the paperwork required, but did not have a definitive list posted anywhere. The lists they had included a bunch of documents that actually weren't required.

^ In what way have they changed the process in Bangkok, my visa is due for renewal (1 year type m) last time I was there it was the same process - long queue and return next day to pick up visa, they had changed the payment process, had to go to the bank of China close by to pay the fee which was different to previous years.

Cheers

^ Thanks, least I know for sure now they do issue visa's here, believe you can pay to have visa expedited to next day pickup, least you can in Bangkok, used to be able to pick up same day.

^ In what way have they changed the process in Bangkok, my visa is due for renewal (1 year type m) last time I was there it was the same process - long queue and return next day to pick up visa, they had changed the payment process, had to go to the bank of China close by to pay the fee which was different to previous years.

Cheers

Before, you applied directly with the consulate. Now, you need to go to a separate service center. I thought it was changed over a year ago, but I guess I didn't remember correctly and it only switched in September.

Starting from Sep 22th 2015, all the ordinary passport holders wishing to visit the mainland of China are requested to apply for visas, and all the applications are requested to apply for the Chinese Consular Authentication at the Chinese Visa Application Service Center (CVASC). Since 22nd September 2015 to 28th September, 2015, the applicants will not be charged any service fee except the Visa fees and Authentication fees.

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/ywzn/lsyw/t1298948.htm

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/eng/ywzn/lsyw/t1296688.htm

• 9 months later...
On 5/12/2016 at 2:10 PM, Here we are again said:

I have used and obtained a visa from this office. The staff are friendly and helpful and the service is very efficient. Make sure that you have all the documents required or they will send you away but if you do this you will receive your visa within 5 working days.

I would just like to clarify that there is a Chinese consulate in Khon Kaen at which i could get a China tourist visa.

I have tried to look up the address on Google maps but it only shows a small private residence. If there is, could you please explain where it is exactly.

Would be greatly appreciated. 

Only thing I can tell you: I passed by a couple of times when driving along the eastern side of Bueng Kaen Nakhon(?) lake (the "big lake") .

It can hardly be missed if you memorize this picture of the building:

(click on picture for full size)

20150911141744.jpg

Never knew that the road is called(transcribed) "Rob-Bueng Rd".

This is the location on an older (2014) street view shot:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@16.4156138,102.8410614,3a,75y,72.82h,82.88t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sGZ1nLZ0GPzGHqTCs7H4UHw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i40!6m1!1e1

What you see is the then construction site and on the mailbox (right corner) you see the address "142/44" as listed here;

http://www.chinaembassy.or.th/th/xglj/t1152964.htm

prckkc.jpg

Awesome, thanks heaps KhunBENQ.

I am in Udon & thought i would have to go to Chiangmai again. That saves a long trip.

I had to go to Chiangmai in 2013 for the visa. Back then a Consulate was advertised as being in Khon Kaen & i drove all around that area of the lake, but it had not been built.

Happy days

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Regular addresses (number and street) are just a tease in Thailand ;-)

Lat./Long. is the way to go, or being next door to a well-known landmark.

Agreed! I try not to leave the house without coordinates to where I'm going, spent too many hours aimlessly driving & wondering & driving, I could write a book about "The lost streets of Thailand" that only I have ever driven down!

Cheers

Thanks for the help chaps, made a successful trip there this morning.

What a difference this consulate is compared to the circus in Bangkok, there was only one other person there, staff helpful and very pleasant.

Quite why this consulate has been built has me baffled? The Chinese are very good at forward planning is this location part of the future plans with the high speed train network?

30 minutes ago, CGW said:

The Chinese are very good at forward planning is this location part of the future plans with the high speed train network?

From hearsay : quite an influx of Chinese nationals buying into foreigner condos etc.

From time to time I spotted vehicles with Chinese plates (but quite a while since last sighting).

Under discussion for a while: direct flights from KKC to China.

Believe it or not but I have seen and photographed it: two immigration checkpoint desks at KKC airport.

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

From hearsay : quite an influx of Chinese nationals buying into foreigner condos etc.

Well, theres plenty of them, may as well spread them out a bit! have to wonder what there ulterior motive is? :shock1:

Archived