Current Heat Wave

Gonzo the Face

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good today at all! 40 plus in the garden today and now, 6:45pm, it's still 36 degrees, inside the house, this level of heat and humidity really wears me down. Interestingly, living in Ft Lauderdale and seeing the temperature signs showing 41 degrees was never an issue because it was dry heat, here is a totally different story.

Edited by chiang mai

Not good today at all! 40 plus in the garden today and now, 6:45pm, it's still 36 degrees, inside the house, this level of heat and humidity really wears me down. Interestingly, living in Ft Lauderdale and seeing the temperature signs showing 41 degrees was never an issue because it was dry heat, here is a totally different story.

It wears me down as well. I've had no energy at all for about 2 weeks now. I feel the need to sleep every day for about 2 hours in the afternoon.

Got to admit i did feel the heat today ,as i had some moderately hard physical work to do .Currently 5.50 pm and 40 c inside the house just with a fan .

Anto your are a real hero bet you are a Yank

A star child .Half Alien .

Good luck in Mae Rim. Here in Sanpiisua it is 29 which is one degree cooler than yesterday at 6am. But there is a breeze and my weather app tells me of a ten percent chance of rain this evening! The rain cannot come soon enough.

I am shocked that some people are saying they don't normally use the AC at night. How do you sleep? Its ungodly hot without it, I can't imagine living without it going 24/7.

Some sort of acclimatization and just not worrying about it. Also the relative lack of humidity this summer makes it much more tolerable. That I said I caved in and have used the AC the last couple of nights. Feels much hotter in the morning when you do use it though!

I am shocked that some people are saying they don't normally use the AC at night. How do you sleep? Its ungodly hot without it, I can't imagine living without it going 24/7.

Some sort of acclimatization and just not worrying about it. Also the relative lack of humidity this summer makes it much more tolerable. That I said I caved in and have used the AC the last couple of nights. Feels much hotter in the morning when you do use it though!

7:00am, Mae Rim, Humidity is 65%, I'm sweating after five minutes work in the garden.

i THINK it might help to put some salt in your water, try to get electrolytes (gatorade is horrible, but get it IF you can't find anything else) instead of just drinking water.

this sounds feminine, but i would also recommend shaving your chest.......

even buy a clipper and cut your hair.....

trying to help

i THINK it might help to put some salt in your water, try to get electrolytes (gatorade is horrible, but get it IF you can't find anything else) instead of just drinking water.

this sounds feminine, but i would also recommend shaving your chest.......

even buy a clipper and cut your hair.....

trying to help

Shaving chests is feminine? Never knew women did that.

The wind maps showing high winds all over the North, winds currently from the South East AND from the South West converging over the North - my sky outside shows wind from the SE which is very unusual, maybe a storm on the way. https://www.windfinder.com/weather-maps/forecast/thailand#5/13.149/101.493

BTW avoid gatorade for electrolyte replacement at all costs, it'll take you straight to T2 Diabetes, it's at the number one position on the glycaemic index. Poka Jasmine Green Tea works for me.

Nothing wrong with shaving chests - with clippers not a razor. Mr K is like a wolf man, that particular lawn (and his back) has to be mowed every couple of months. He says it helps as far as sweating goes. I tried to convince him for years and he refused, then one afternoon he was asleep in the garden and I just shaved a strip in the middle of his stomach. Let's just say he was rather unhappy, but he had to let me finish as he looked like a reverse skunk. Begrudgingly admitted a week or so later that it was probably a good idea.

The trendy types (and serious athletes and body builders) wax it all off. And some get the works - backs, sacks, and cracks as it's known to those in the trade. Not a trade I'd like to be involved in, I don't care how much money they charge. Mowing the chest and back of my husband of 33 years is a lot different to waxing a strangers nether regions. {Shudder}.

Day before yesterday I ran the garden hose for over 5 minutes then decided to measure the water temperature. It was 38C or 100F.

I assume the shavers are Muslims:

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits."
Edited by Trujillo

My wifes family, on the farm in Petchabun,received soaking rain over the last couple of days previous to that nothing, but rain reported previously in Bangkok.So hopefully its slowly working its way north and not before time.

I walked from Worrorat to Maya at about noon, and it was downright civilized. I think a combo of a little better AQI and a little lower temp. Make no mistake about it; there have been some really bad days over the past few weeks. I have a lot of hot Summers under my belt, and never had any respiratory problems (until now). What we've had is what you get in Phoenix for two months + per year, where you just stay in and watch movies/docs in the a/c, and try not to run up a 500 USD electric bill. Swimming pools are about the only places people go outdoors. Our malls are much better here in CM, so we can do that, too.

7:00am, Mae Rim, Humidity is 65%, I'm sweating after five minutes work in the garden.

Well humidity is high when temp is low. At the hottest part of the day the humidity is significantly lower this year.