Donald Trump softens stance on Muslim ban

webfact

US Election 2016: Donald Trump softens stance on Muslim ban

NEW YORK: -- Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump appears to have softened his stance on temporarily barring Muslims from travelling to the US.

Responding to remarks by London Mayor Sadiq Khan, Mr Trump told Fox News Radio the ban was "just a suggestion".

Mr Khan has expressed concern that he would not be able to travel to the US under a Trump administration because of his Muslim faith.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36272236

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-05-12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Trump flip-flop? .....what a surprise. There's at least one per day. How do his fans feel? One day he says one thing, and all his fans jump up and down with glee. The next day he says something different, and all his fans jump up and down with glee.

Another Trump flip-flop? .....what a surprise. There's at least one per day. How do his fans feel? One day he says one thing, and all his fans jump up and down with glee. The next day he says something different, and all his fans jump up and down with glee.

Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch because candidate Trump changes his position during a campaign yet still supports Hillary should watch this video. You'll need to pause now and then because there are so many flip-flops your head head will spin...

Edited by mopar71

Ahh, the flip-flopping list on the fundamentel issues that attracted the lemmings grows:

1. Will not cough up the 1 Billion that he said he would to finance his campaign so, decides to take Super PAC MONEY.

2. "the ban was "just a suggestion". clap2.gif

Next up:

3. There will be no wall.

4. There will be no new "negotiations" with China and Mexico.

5. There wil be no deportations of 11 million people.

Pretty soon all you will have left, is a red trucker cap with a Ronald Reagan slogan on it. cheesy.gif

P.S. Why would anyone need to watch a Clinton video on a thread about the Bloviator Trump? blink.png

Edited by iReason

Anyone who gets their panties in a bunch because candidate Trump changes his position during a campaign yet still supports Hillary should watch this video. You'll need to pause now and then because there are so many flip-flops your head head will spin...

Bingo! I have been calling her out on her lies for weeks, now.

This is the sort of politician that makes it easy to vote for Trump. Anything is better than this vile lady.

Thanks

^^^

Why be so narrow minded? And fixated on Clinton?

You can vote Bernie.

He leads Trump by over 15 points.

Your choice is rapidly backtracking on all his campaign "promises" that attracted you to him in the first place. Right?

Best to go with the only candidate of substance that is remaining.

Seems logical to me.

Edited by iReason

^^^

Why be so narrow minded? And fixated on Clinton?

You can vote Bernie.

He leads Trump by over 15 points.

Bernie is infinitely better than Clinton.

However...

Trump has more to offer, in that the apple cart...and all the rotten apples inside, must be tipped over. That is the goal.

Bernie won't be doing that....but if he should win...I won't shed as many tears.

My goal is flipping that apple cart of rotten politicians clean over.

Trump is doing that just fine.

I watched the Clinton video. It's sobering, but her relatively few lies are stretched over many decades of public life. As a comparison, Trump has as many lies in any given week as Clinton has had in several decades. Neither are pure as the driven snow, but Clinton is the obvious better choice for Commander in Chief.

I watched the Clinton video. It's sobering, but her relatively few lies are stretched over many decades of public life. As a comparison, Trump has as many lies in any given week as Clinton has had in several decades. Neither are pure as the driven snow, but Clinton is the obvious better choice for Commander in Chief.

she would, in fact..be a terrible Commander in Chief.

She does not listen...and lies about real events. Her past proves that she is indecisive, when the krab hits the fan.

Trump would listen to his Generals...as he listens to his business advisors. He is trained for that. You don't have to be a rocket scientist...you just need to let your Military Leadership call the shots..in country.

Hillary would not even answer the phone...and if she did...she would put our Military "on hold".....same as Benghazi.

She has a long political record...that is why her lies spread over decades. Trump has just started....however, he has held no office and has not killed anyone by being indecisive.

She does not listen...and lies about real events. Her past proves that she is indecisive, when the krab hits the fan.

Trump would listen to his Generals...as he listens to his business advisors. He is trained for that. You don't have to be a rocket scientist...you just need to let your Military Leadership call the shots..in country.

Hillary would not even answer the phone...and if she did...she would put our Military "on hold".....same as Benghazi.

She has a long political record...that is why her lies spread over decades. Trump has just started....however, he has held no office and has not killed anyone by being indecisive.

Benghazi was proof of the pudding here.

Never responded to that 3am phone call. Definitely not POTUS material!

By the way..

Look at the Brits now....

who is poking their nose into our business...

Is it a London Mayor?

Shoe is on the other foot. I think the Brits should keep their sniveling, uppity opinions on who we let into the USA...to themselves.

I think stupid, dribbling racists who tar a billion or more people with the same brush should keep their witless opinions to themselves as well.

But hey, you know, right to free speech and all that.

thumbsup.gif

While he may have entered into the race for a laugh, Trump has woken up to the fact that he could actually become the next US President. It is no surprise that he is realigning his more outlandish policy statements. The show isn't over yet tongue.png

By the way..

Is it a London Mayor?

Shoe is on the other foot. I think the Brits should keep their sniveling, uppity opinions on who we let into the USA...to themselves.

I think stupid, dribbling racists who tar a billion or more people with the same brush should keep their witless opinions to themselves as well.

thumbsup.gif

The only racists I know who dribble are in the NBA.

By the way..

Is it a London Mayor?

thumbsup.gif

Don't you mean bigot, not racist?

"You don't have to be a rocket scientist...you just need to let your Military Leadership call the shots..in country. "

I would hope the next PIOTUS has more intelligence that this. The military has a very one sided view, and is not suitable to call the shots.

By the way..

Is it a London Mayor?

thumbsup.gif

Don't you mean bigot, not racist?

It's a subject that has been beaten to death here;it is now accepted, if not technically precise, to refer to those who describe all muslims as terrorists as 'racists'. Or more descriptively "cultural racism".

But hey, if bigot works for you, stick with it.

The 'stupid' is more significant IMHO.

"Mr Khan has expressed concern that he would not be able to travel to the US under a Trump administration because of his Muslim faith."

​Why.is he planning to run for governor of new york next?

Its that Great British sarcasm Americans hear about but fail to grasp or understand

By the way..

Is it a London Mayor?

thumbsup.gif

The only racists I know who dribble are in the NBA.

NBA or NRA ?

"You don't have to be a rocket scientist...you just need to let your Military Leadership call the shots..in country. " So Trump is better choice for his lack of knowledge and government experience. That same line was used to excuse Bush 2 lack of interest and/or intelligence. Yet Hillary is condemned for not jumping in on situation at 3 a.m..... I assume she let those who have detailed knowledge and experience with Libya would be best to decide course of action. What would they have had her do differently? Libya was and is a balled up mess of anarchy. People get killed during revolutions. Get used to it.

Trump tells truth 9% of the time, Hillary 51%. Don't try to present him as some sort of "truth teller".

Many peoples positions on issues changed over time, especially when given new and updated information. The fact that the greatest majority of all members of Congress voted for a war in Iraq does not mean that only Hillary is a hypocrite. I used to be a Dem, now I'm an Independent. I don't trust authority, having been raised in the 60's. Donald continues to evolve (change ) his positions too. The difference between the two is that I think he's insane and has angry people supporting him that would vote for almost anything that wasn't tied to the current congress. Government is NOT the same as a business. If Trump tied to default on the US Treasury Bonds, as he in effect did when filing bankruptcy with various businesses, the dollar would become worthless. I don't trust any politician. They are all sick, and in need of being the center of attention. But Trump knows nothing, scares the shit out of me, and worse yet, gullible, ignorant, uninformed people support him. A mob is a dangerous thing........... Good luck USA!!

By the way..

Is it a London Mayor?

Just maybe if the US took your advice, and kept their noses out of things, the whole of middle east wouldnt have been destabilised by phoney wars and the radical muslim problem wouldnt be the issue it is today...

Bit early to backtrack Donald. You got all this support with basically two pieces of vitriol. One was banning Muslims and the second building the wall. The wall is easier to get round I know because you just build it one metre high with gates every few metres. Question is if you scrap the racist cards now you are likely to lose at least two thirds of you supporters.

One thing I do agree on, if people get behind Bernie then at least the USA has a fighting chance. So come on republicans, ditch the duck and try to save some face here.

Bit early to backtrack Donald. You got all this support with basically two pieces of vitriol. One was banning Muslims and the second building the wall. The wall is easier to get round I know because you just build it one metre high with gates every few metres. Question is if you scrap the racist cards now you are likely to lose at least two thirds of you supporters.

One thing I do agree on, if people get behind Bernie then at least the USA has a fighting chance. So come on republicans, ditch the duck and try to save some face here.

Isnt Bernie a Commie ?

The Donald will be softening his stance on a lot of the trash he has talked up until this point if he wants any chance of being elected.

Now that he has wound up the irrationally emotional enough to get the nomination, he will need to back track to a reasonable reality.

I just hope they are rational enough to remember that he lied to them.

It's all marketing, and he is a very good marketer...

and he will tell you so too!