Friends when they want something

Blackheart

Yesterday1500 knock on door, I shout come in two women not known to me (Mr here). Conversation from them broken English the bits they wanted to say anyway the insults in Thai (which I am fairly good at). HELLO You wife took us to Big C last week. She say ok for you to take us this week. (Now in thai then when we get there will tell him we need to go to macro big laughs from them). OK hang on 2 minutes I say just need to talk to my wife and confirm. No No we just speak to her on phone at her work she says is ok for you to take us. Oh I see so you phone her at work yes. Yes 5 minutes only ago. OK (shout) Jeab you finished in shower yet!!!! Look back at women now walking very fast towards gate. So I phoned wife who was at work and asked her she comfirmed my thoughts they were very distant friends of a friend she had never taken them shopping ever and they had not phoned her. Got a feeling they won't be calling again I belive they had there ears bent by the Mrs soon after I hung up.

Edited by jeab1980

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Self-advantage is the only thing that matters here.

If there is no self-advantage, there is no effort.

If there is self-advantage, there are smiles, wais and friendliness.

their version of charity is even based on it - making merit - giving so that they will receive in the future.

Disgusting culture and society from top to bottom.

" Self-advantage is the only thing that matters here."

" Disgusting culture and society from top to bottom."

Go home.

Edited by roamer

their version of charity is even based on it - making merit - giving so that they will receive in the future.

Then why are you still here?

If he could get his rocks off with a younger woman in his own country without remortgaging, do you think he would be?

Because I find it an endlessly entertaining and amusing society and culture to observe.

Watching them try to carry out the most menial of tasks beats any comedy ever made.

Sit back, feet up, watch the Thai World go by. thumbsup.gif Fawlty Towers set in paradise. smile.png

Edited by Happy Grumpy

If he could get his rocks off with a younger woman in his own country without remortgaging, do you think he would be?

Weird post.

I'm in my 30's, moved here in my 20's. Last time I went home for Christmas it wasn't a problem.

Why are you dreaming and commenting about people's sex life?? Or is a common theme of yours? Are you a weirdo?

The Thai have words for this:

Phuan Kin is a friend only when he/she needs to eat free i.e.a sponger

Phuan Tai is a friend who will die for you i.e. a true friend

Every so often, someone posts something that is quite useful, and I go, wow, (After many years, I am still at the pee krap linguistic stage and of thinking that Kung phome is a type of food.) wink.png

As such, good manner require me to say thank you for the education, which I can now put to good use.

Universal problem Mates!

The Brits (I am one so I can rant) are the worst perhaps. Freeloaders par excellence. Always after sumtin' - bed/board/freebies. They think talking you out for a cheap meal after 2 weeks of milking you wipes the slate clean. Only get in touch if they want something.

Spare me from them. Not all of course - but a goodly number of them.

few rules if you have money

NEVER tell them where you live

NEVER tell them about your real finances, but say stuff like, "i have a house back home that has to get fixed all the time, so expensive!!"

LIE......say stuff about losing money in investments, markets, whatever.....never brag about money, lie about not having much

if they ever find out you do have 100 million baht, say it's all relative. "oh, all my neighbors have 400 million baht and i feel so poor!!!"

lol

sure, you can help....but for how long? i like when people ask for "only" 10,000 baht. for what, i ask? how can you pay me back? why not go home? you have 10,000 facebook "friends" and none of them can help, huh?

i give away coats, shorts, shirts, shoes, used stuff.......

If Thai people ever read Thai Visa you could surely understand their bitterness towards expats. I have never seen so many want to slag off the very people that allow them to reside in their country. It is absolutely disgusting. If I was in charge of this country I would be banging on the very doors of these bitter twisted people and their asses would be at Suvarnibhumi Airport faster than can say cheese. If you have such disdain for the people of Thailand then pack your bags and get out. I am not a "if you don't like it leave" person but if you do not like the people of your host country then what the hell are you doing here. Go somewhere else or keep all your bitterness to yourself. You probably lost your money to a prostitute and now bitter. That doesn't mean all Thai people are the same. When you leave don't slam the door on the way out. Be assured you will not be missed.

If Thai people ever read Thai Visa you could surely understand their bitterness towards expats. I have never seen so many want to slag off the very people that allow them to reside in their country. It is absolutely disgusting. If I was in charge of this country I would be banging on the very doors of these bitter twisted people and their asses would be at Suvarnibhumi Airport faster than can say cheese. If you have such disdain for the people of Thailand then pack your bags and get out. I am not a "if you don't like it leave" person but if you do not like the people of your host country then what the hell are you doing here. Go somewhere else or keep all your bitterness to yourself. You probably lost your money to a prostitute and now bitter. That doesn't mean all Thai people are the same. When you leave don't slam the door on the way out. Be assured you will not be missed.

Read my thread again when your in a calm state of mind and thinking clearly.

I never said all thais, I'm refering to thais that do it, obviously not those that do not but I'm happy to point that out if your struggling to keep up.

I do not live in Thailand, am happily married with two kids,I love visiting Thailand as its an amazing place but at the same time I don't wander the land refusing to see the truths about certain things, I never purchased roses coloured glasses when I arrived.

On another note I have never had nor evil will a bar girl experience, no bitter break ups, just a happy long lasting and still current relationship.

I am more then comfortable in still saying more then most Thai people are often on the take.

Is there anything about Thailand where some clown will not predictably post, this happens everywhere not just in Thailand ?

Alternatively, is there anything about daily life that people on TV do not complain about? This instance happened to one person, and it has turned into "Thai people" are worse than anywhere else. If this is the worst thing that has happened to the Op's wife, then there are obviously a lot of good things happening.