Police Confirm, Deny Gas Station Shooters Were Police

webfact

By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14631207961463120889l.jpg
A screenshot of the dashcam video.

BANGKOK — The Commander of a police station in Bangkok said today that five gunmen who opened fire on a pick-up truck in broad daylight were police officers from another police station, a claim denied by the deputy chief of the latter station.

The shooting, which was widely shared on social media from footage captured on a dashcam, reportedly took place around noon Wednesday at a gas station on Rattanathibet Road in northwest metro Bangkok. Witnesses told media five men in a car tried to stop a pick-up truck and shot at it, but the driver managed to escape the scene, followed by the pursuers.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1463120796

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-13

"The Commander of a police station in Bangkok said today that five gunmen who opened fire on a pick-up truck in broad daylight were police officers from another police station, a claim denied by the deputy chief of the latter station."

I'm not sure which is more appalling, shooting off their stupid weapons or shooting off their stupid mouths.

Edited by jaltsc

The Police do cheesy.gif

A certain ex politians son by all accounts

Yes but he's an expert on close quarter fixed target shooting apparently.

With the target on his knees! whistling.gifsad.pngwai.gif

The police has invented a new semantic technique to declarify (not a word) things it did do or didn't do, consecutively or at the same, in whole or just partial: the "confirm-denial", don't leave the station without it!

Police are Mafia, are not Mafia but the other ones the latter are but have denied that they are.

Reminds me of Rumsfeld and the known unknowns, that is we now know there are things we don't know, ya know!

5 police opened fire on a pickup and it got away ?.

No. The driver got away.

Actually he did not....I guess the court will put him away.

I like the way the police do their best to avoid actually shooting the driver. In many countries they apply a death penalty without trial.

5 police opened fire on a pickup and it got away ?.

No. The driver got away.

Actually he did not....I guess the court will put him away.

I like the way the police do their best to avoid actually shooting the driver. In many countries they apply a death penalty without trial.

Yes avoid shooting the driver then watch him kill several other people as he speeds away without care of his own or anybody elses life.

One of many, but love this policeman on a motorcycle shooting while moving.

personally I think that officer did extremely well.. Doing his job!

Not sure if it is an policemans job to try to shoot to kill, normal procedure would be to try to shoot out the wheels of the fleeing car not to try shoot into the windows.

One of many, but love this policeman on a motorcycle shooting while moving.

personally I think that officer did extremely well.. Doing his job!

Not sure if it is an policemans job to try to shoot to kill, normal procedure would be to try to shoot out the wheels of the fleeing car not to try shoot into the windows.
You must have watched a different video to me. I saw shooting of front wheel/engine bay.

You must have watched a different video to me. I saw shooting of front wheel/engine bay.
You must have taken a different firearm safety course than me?
Discharging a firearm from a moving vehicle is extremely dangerous; on a motorcycle it may be even more so?
In some cases it may even be a felony.
That said, I'm not sure what "rules of engagement" the RTP have re: firearm usage? I suspect it may be be shoot, aim, think?
There are many, many, many other videos of Thai police discharging their weapons in public. Some are quite alarming; shooting unarmed people who are of no threat whatsoever.