Good croc, bad croc? Or just a crock of.... Creature discovered at Mahasarakham temple

rooster59

Good croc, bad croc? Or just a crock of.... Creature discovered at Mahasarakham temple

post-247607-0-59964300-1463184229_thumb.

MAHASARAKHAM:-- Villagers in the north east are divided about what to do when a crocodile started swimming about by a temple.

The 1.5 metre freshwater creature was thought by some to be a holy croc, there because of a nearby shrine to ancestors. They believe the animal will protect the community and bring good luck and good fortune, reports Manager Online.

Others were just scared and said it would attack their children.

Holy or not reporters who were alerted to the presence of the croc, where previously none had ever been seen, saw villagers feed it chicken before it went for a lazy sunbathe in the hot north eastern sun.

Indeed its benign disposition seemed to lend further weight to the notion that it was there to protect and serve.

Another school of thought gave the opinion that it should be left in peace - it may well be useful in scaring away people who came to fish illegally in the large pond.

Meanwhile village leaders in the Thai Song Khorn area plan to meet to decide what steps to take amid reports that there are one or two other much larger crocs lurking in the five hundred square metre pond.

Source: Manager Online

tvn.png
-- 2016-05-14

Oh yeah, it's definitely there to protect and serve. That's what crocs are known for. I suggest they immediately build a billion baht shrine. Because the one thing crocs like more than protecting and serving, is lots of attention from humans.

Large crocks just don't appear out of nowhere. I expect there is a story behind how it come to be in the pond. Such as the charlatan monks paid for someone to bring it to the temple from Bangkok and place it in the pond. They should recover their investment in no time making a large profit including the money they will rake in giving out lottery numbers from the crock.

Let Thailand have its very own Croc Ness Monster. Nothing better for the industry when tourism is down than a bit of folklore attraction. But just remember to warn the tourists that in comparison that the wildlife is harmless and to just watch out for the two legged monsters in the form of the local natives.

"The creature was thought by some to be a holy croc"

Oh please.

Anything out of the ordinary is either holy or ghost related which means there is luck involved which translates into money.

Khon Ken Dave post #10.

And also they can leap out of the water and get up to about 40 miles an hour,while all the time 'snapping at yo ass'

It is true but the turn of speed is limited in time and if you were to find yourself with a nippy croc (in more ways than one) on your tail they can be beaten.
If you turn sharp left or right that does for a croc they cannot perform swift about turns on land, by the time they turn around their energies are spent and it's gentle stroll back to the water.
This tip was taught to me and others in their and my days as a young short commission military officer cadet (1960 prior to reading law at a later date) by an instructor who had spent a long time in this part of the world.
He claimed he had used the above tactics and I have no reason to disbelieve him.

If, in this meeting of local leaders, they decide to leave the croc alone, they might also want to discuss how many they can tolerate once they begin reproducing. After all (as someone famously said here in TV), the P in Thailand stands for planning.

" saw villagers feed it chicken"

Yes train it to associate food supply and humans. Train the local kids to feed the croc. What could possibly go wrong?

A gift of chicken is an offering to something or someone who is/was considered holy. About a kilometer from here there is a thick woods. In this woods at a particular spot a good ghost lives. Every so often people from the village visit and give him chickens so he can bring them good luck. His name is Jaw Poo. If it works for them it works for me.

It's well known that crocs can travel at 40 miles per hour, second only to the Cheetah as the fastest animal on the planet!! lol.

It's just a small fresh water crocodile, not Lolong.

I've swum in waters with these animals many times . Places like Geikie and Katherine Gorges in Australia.

However, I wouldn't go in the Adelaide River for quids:

post-18822-0-83316100-1463283660_thumb.g

Suprised someone hasn't eaten it and made a new handbag too.

Selling its teeth as tiger teeth, the skin will be perfect for my new teacher shoes, the meat will be sold to people from Uthumph. Ph.

Where's the croc exactly?