Chok Chai Farm

2long

:D Sorry, can't help you on cost, I think it is quite expensive though. My friend took her children and they were a tad perturbed that after viewing them, petting them and admiring them you could go and eat them in the restaurant :D . Best steak they had ever had though. Try googling it for more info. :o

• 4 months later...

I've eaten there about 5 times. Personally, I think the steaks suck and I've had the Thai and Australian. Last week my golf buddy (we played and stayed at Kirimaya) and I ate cheeseburgers and fries from the burger stand just to the left of the front door while my wife had a boring chicken steak. They, the burgers, were really good! You can bring your burgers in and eat them with others from your crowd who want to "steak" it.

I want to bring my boy to see the farm but don't have any info.

It doesn't make any difference with or without work permit as prices for Thais and foreigners are the same. 250 baht for adults and (I think) 150 for kids but slightly cheaper on a weekday, 235 baht for adults.

They do have an accomodation (luxury air-conditioned tents) and activity package. I'm not sure how much that is but know it's fairly expensive, around 3000 baht / night / adult .

Kids can get walked around on a horse. The tour is OK, with some short shows and demonstrations that the kids will enjoy but maybe hot in the summer.

When I was there last week the price was the same for Isaan rice farmers and Japanese industrialists...

Japanese and other Asian are not considered 'farang'

J

I was there in december. Same same for everyone.