Keeping in touch..

sipi

I keep in touch with quite a lot. Some of us have drifted apart, as we have become so different to each other in thoughts and deeds. Some have gone to live overseas themselves, a few have died, a number are just Christmas cards. But when in the UK I do the rounds of those that remain.... a few even visit me in Thailand... for rather longer than I like!!

Edited by jacko45k

I make a major travel & financial effort to visit 87-year old Mum, sister and grown nephews, son and two grandies, daughter and two grandies. We always have a great time together. Eating at table with those with mutual love means everything.

But I should mention this is a one-way street. None of them visit me here, though the time and costs would be identical. I shall be saddened when I'm too old or tired or poor to travel. If there's interest, it will be their turn.

Precious few friend visits and I don't do Fakebook! I do email friends occasionally. When we visit, it's like no time has passed at all. There are some who visit here every year.

For my 25 satang, I think life throws us in the blender to some purpose. Even if you can't travel, don't allow yourself to become estranged from family nor allow them to become estranged from you.

don't you feel that by living apart, in different countries, different lives and experiences, your relatives become strangers?

i have massive problems visiting my two remaining sisters - who i left 'behind' in '83.

their life, their concerns, their problems - it is all so foreign and petty to me.

if they were not my sisters i would have nothing to do with them.

i find it easier to keep in contact with a stranger who is connected to me by mutual interest - not blood.

Facebook is actually quite good to find old friends and keep contact...wink.png

Right, but with 55, many do not have much experience with Computers, smart phones or the Internet or social networks same Facebook.

Many do not like to get involved in something new, or, do not like to use it really.

And as the saying is -Out of sight, soon, out of mind- blink.png

Facebook is actually quite good to find old friends and keep contact...wink.png

Right, but with 55, many do not have much experience with Computers, smart phones or the Internet or social networks same Facebook.

Many do not like to get involved in something new, or, do not like to use it really.

biggrin.png Nah, I don't think 55 is the limit – I'm soon 67, and the only IT-thing I'm scared off, is other peoples looong selfie-sticks w00t.gif – common Facebook and similar social networks are not that difficult. But agree in a way, I do know – one only, I think – about 70 now, who has never used a computer, and never intend to do so; however I think that's kind of minority, that there will always be. I have many older Facebook friends, and lots of young...rolleyes.gif

Edited by khunPer

biggrin.png Nah, I don't think 55 is the limit – I'm soon 67, and the only IT-thing I'm scared off, is other peoples looong selfie-sticks w00t.gif – common Facebook and similar social networks are not that difficult. But agree in a way, I do know – one only, I think – about 70 now, who has never used a computer, and never intend to do so; however I think that's kind of minority, that there will always be. I have many older Facebook friends, and lots of young...rolleyes.gif

There is no age limit, thumbsup.gif

but a lot of my friends, or people I know are stubborn, do not want to learn new tricks, are lazy to play with a Computer or use him for e.mail contact or facebook,

so nothing I can do. rolleyes.gif

There is no age limit, thumbsup.gif

but a lot of my friends, or people I know are stubborn, do not want to learn new tricks, are lazy to play with a Computer or use him for e.mail contact or facebook,

so nothing I can do. rolleyes.gif

I have been sorting an older guy's PC for a couple of years but he will not do as l say to protect the thing, plus he say's he is not interested in learning...sad.png

Anyhoooo, last week we were talking about stuff and he called my dead father a _anker for being a Christian, he would not retract the statement, he lost me as a friend and helper..facepalm.gif

Seems he was a, no to be "friend or good person" anyway when he likes to offend like that, undiplomatic and appearing insensitive and tactless! blink.png

No loss! whistling.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Well.....Nobody uses email to stay connected anymore. Its way outdated.

I got told that the other day by a friend who recently left Thailand.

Right,

but some jump(ed) over all possibilities and never did and do anything new since the invention of the postal letter, cards and normal mobile phone - for making or receiving calls only!. rolleyes.gifblink.png

I can go for weeks, months and years without keeping in touch, I just accept its part of expat life.

Just coz I dont talk everyday doesnt mean I have forgoten you,its just the way it is.

Meeting up with old friends hearing their stories etc etc, friends dont forget friends.