SUV or pick truck with low fuel consumption ?

After having driven all brands of pick-ups in Thailand (except Fords and Chevrolets - the latter being rebranded Isuzus AFAIK) I do agree that the Isuzus are, by far, the most economical.

They tend to be noisier though, with rougher engines and have less punch than e.g. the Toyotas.

Economy comes at a price.

Just my two satangs. Can't say a thing about SUVs, never had one.

Edited by Lannig

for SUV the x-trail hybrid has the best fuel economy in it's class.

http://www.headlightmag.com/hlmwp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/suv_update_edit.jpg

Very interesting, thanks DavishH

That chart looks well out of date.

What's missing? It has the new cx-5 on it.

It may be because there is no mention of the vehicle with the blue oval on the grill.

for SUV the x-trail hybrid has the best fuel economy in it's class.

http://www.headlightmag.com/hlmwp/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/suv_update_edit.jpg

Very interesting, thanks DavishH

That chart looks well out of date.

What's missing? It has the new cx-5 on it.

It may be because there is no mention of the vehicle with the blue oval on the grill.

There is a blue oval on it. But not one that's currently in production.

My low class Ford 2.2 L (new) gets 16.5 KM/Lon the highway. I can't really check anything else because I live in the boonies and have a lot of super slow driving.

Hey ... that sounds good. But at what sort of speed.

A while back I did some steady driving at basically a constant speed of 80 kms/hr and got six and a bit l/100kms indicated. 3.2 EV

As someone else said Isuzu 3L is quite economical when new...mine was anyway...but I think fuel consumption got worse after 30000kms or so ... I was surprised

Edited by JAS21

My low class Ford 2.2 L (new) gets 16.5 KM/Lon the highway. I can't really check anything else because I live in the boonies and have a lot of super slow driving.

A while back I did some steady driving at basically a constant speed of 80 kms/hr and got six and a bit l/100kms indicated. 3.2 EV

As someone else said Isuzu 3L is quite economical when new...mine was anyway...but I think fuel consumption got worse after 30000kms or so ... I was surprised

I hope you weren't driving in the passing lane.. giggle.gif

So how's that big 3.2 average out at a slightly higher pace like let's say 120 kms/hr with regards to fuel consumption?

I hope you weren't driving in the passing lane.. giggle.gif

So how's that big 3.2 average out at a slightly higher pace like let's say 120 kms/hr with regards to fuel consumption?

That's too fast for me ☺ but Mrs Jas says about 9L/100kms. If you look me up on fuelly.com you can see what I have averaged since new.

Anyway if you can afford one are you really bothered about an extra 10k thb or whatever a year.

I sometimes miss the boot space compared with the V-Cross. Four sets of golf clubs and four suit cases won't. It is a pleasure to drive though.☺

For the manufacturer fuel economy ratings, visit: car.go.th

However, bear in mind that some manufacturers ratings seem impossible to achieve in real life.

Exactly.

That's why Nissan have just been able to buy a third of Mitsubishi for a song.