Window film, another update

We replaced the film on our car yesterday and thought I would pass on the information, as there was a lot of interest in this subject previously.

Originally my wife told the dealer to fit 80% on the side and back, with 60% on the windscreen - without consulting me first. This was the free Lamina film supplied by the Honda dealership. Driving at night became a nightmare, especially with some drivers viewing headlights as optional.

Yesterday we had Legend film fitted with 60% all around. This cost 6,000B at Racha Audio in Phuket. The difference in quality is significant, both day and night driving. Definitely money well spent.

Something I found interesting was an electronic device on the counter of the shop. You could insert a piece of film in to a sensor and it instantly gave you three percentage readings: UV%, IR% (heat blocking) and Light%. The shop owner made a point of putting a piece of our old Lamina film in to the sensor, which showed IR blocking at only 56%; our new Legend film was 80% IR blocking, despite being a lighter film overall.

Another thing I like about the new film is that it is not plastered with logos all over the windscreen like Lamina was, just a couple of discrete logos near the edge.

Another thing I like about the new film is that it is not plastered with logos all over the windscreen like Lamina was, just a couple of discrete logos near the edge.

Look in the glovebox for the little bottle of alcohol provided to remove the logos :)

While I suspect film has been improved over the years after having to have dark film in Philippines during the late 80's for security reasons would never want again. Side vision at night becomes totally lost; and he did say had 80% on sides.

haha, the logo parts of your post is very funny :-)

So this legend film is good ? I was proposed but as I am the only legend that I know, I denied.

I would like to know how it compares to Cristaline 3M ?

haha, the logo parts of your post is very funny :-)

So this legend film is good ? I was proposed but as I am the only legend that I know, I denied.

I would like to know how it compares to Cristaline 3M ?

Im not sure which Legend film the OP has fitted. But is quite easy to compare specs. TSER (Total Solar Energy Rejected) is important when you compare films with the same VLT (visible light transmission). The Crystalline CR70 has a VLT of 69% and 50% TSER. Looking at Legends Premier series, they have comparable specs. If the specs are accurate or not, I dont know.

Archived