Waiting for court

Have you any prove that you brought the dog if not try to get some, it seems in Thai law the person that brought an item is the owner of it so if you can find a way of proving you brought the dog you may not have a case to answer

Also your Ex can stop the case because she has got her property back

This is what i have been told by a lawyer in a case that I am going to deal with i have been told that if i get my goods back in a Civil case i can drop the Criminal charges because i have not lost any thing

• Like 1

Thank you very much.Well i just got my wife to call a immigration guy from soi 5 kind of feel bad cause i disturbed him he is relaxing with his familly in Bangkok.I dont have contacts but he arrested me years ago for overstay and gave me his number.He told me that tommorow he will check if i am in the system or not.Am i flagged saying i cannot leave or not.He said if i am flagged he will need pics of my dad in hospital and proof from the hospital back home.He will then take me to the court or whatever and get me persmission to fly home.All of you are being very helpful and kind thank you

So you have another "wife" already?

Yes 150 thousand bail was steep and lawyer fees to much so might look for new lawyer.

We asked her can she drop case but her boyfriend kept pushing it.

To the poster asking do i have a new wife already.No i call her wife but she is girlfriend.I have been finished with the ex for over two years.

I have proof i bought the dog

Yes 150 thousand bail was steep and lawyer fees to much so might look for new lawyer.

We asked her can she drop case but her boyfriend kept pushing it.

To the poster asking do i have a new wife already.No i call her wife but she is girlfriend.I have been finished with the ex for over two years.

I have proof i bought the dog

Were you married legally to the ex who is suing you?

It makes a difference to her legal rights to property acquired after the marriage.

Have you divorced her now?

If her pertner wasnt involved then she wouldnt be paying for any lawyer.

I doubht they will be paying anything like 200k for a lawyer.Which i was quoted.

Another lawyer quoted me 150.50 now 50 when go to court and 50 when case finished.I never imagined i would be in this situation.I should of never taken the dog from her property i guess but still all this seems a bit extreme

Will it help any?as its in the court now?

If you can prove to the police that it was your dog and not her dog how could they let it go to court it would mean that you have stole you own dog I do not think there is a law that would cover that

It could also work in your favour that your Ex has wasted and lied to the police and she could face legal action if your lawyer is any good

• Like 1

If you can prove to the police that it was your dog and not her dog how could they let it go to court it would mean that you have stole you own dog I do not think there is a law that would cover that

I don't think this would make any difference now, as this seems to be a private prosecution.

I think you have to appear in court and show your proof of purchase. But you will inevitably face the question how the other party came to be in possession of the dog for such a long time. Merely possessing the dog is of course not a deed of gift, but could craftily be construed as you de facto having gifted the dog to her.

Get a competent lawyer, who doesn't take you for a ride.

Edited by Morakot

If they wanted to stop you leaving the country they would have taken your passport away. Very much doubt a fight over a dog is going to limit your freedom.

You do not fully understand the situation regarding Thai courts.

Police do not take passports for minor offences, only for serious matters.

Police notify immigration and a red flag is posted against your name.

When the offender tries to leave Thailand it is flagged in the system.

If you had read my previous post on this subject you would have seen that.

there is something not right about this !! 150k for bail for stealing your own dog ????? 200k for a lawyer ????

Yes, as with most things, there are two sides to every story.

Alan's account of what happened will be completely different than the one used for a prosecution.

It would be easy to fabricate his story, make it sound a bit more dramatic, and throw in a few white lies, which is what his ex has probably done.

When a judge hears both accounts, the prosecution and the defence, if there are no witnesses, Thai versus falang will not do him any favours.

I don't think this would make any difference now, as this seems to be a private prosecution.

I think you have to appear in court and show your proof of purchase. But you will inevitably face the question how the other party came to be in possession of the dog for such a long time. Merely possessing the dog is of course not a deed of gift, but could craftily be construed as you de facto having gifted the dog to her.

Get a competent lawyer, who doesn't take you for a ride.

If it is a private prosecution the police would not be involved and they would have to wait for the court hearing to decide who owns the dog

In a criminal case the court would most properly go by what papers they have in front of them to decide where the dog should stay until the case is heard then a final decision will be made

Nothing is stopping him from filing a separate case if he could prove that she lied about the ownership of the dog to the police and I think that is what

i would do if it was me

• Like 1

All this headache for a dog,it's absolutely ridiculous.

Good luck mate either way.

And it is a lot of headache for a chiwawa.

Vile little creatures. Certainly not worth all this drama.

Yes 150 bail shook me also.The 200 k quoted from one lawyer is not a fee i am willing to pay.

Immigration called me and said in the system i am flagged.So if i try leave i will be stopled so have to get persmission from the court.I have now decided that i will ask the court for permission after my first court appaearance end of the month.Then maybe i can spend more time with my dad 2-3 weeks instead of the 10 days i was planning now.Thank you for all the advice.I will keep everyone updated.

• Like 1

What is the legal definition of theft used here in Thailand? I think elsewhere it might be "intentionally permanently depriving somebody of his property"

Don't see how that could be proofed here.

What is the legal definition of theft used here in Thailand? I think elsewhere it might be "intentionally permanently depriving somebody of his property"

Don't see how that could be proofed here.

Thai law is very complicated.

Only people who have studied it, like lawyers, would have any understanding of it.

Never agreed anything with her she tool my dogs and left never telling me where she stayed.I eventually foind out.

Yes i have proof of purchase the police never even listened to my side of the story they never even read me the charge.

And they were given allpt of money just to make this case against me