3BB Fiber

3BB Fiber

a while back I went ahead and changed from 3bb adsl of 15mb package to the 3bb fiber and so far its been worth it. the price i'm paying for the 30mb package is at 1200 thb. I can say that I've been constantly hitting on average about 2 to 3 mb downloads even while downloading content or files from overseas. I have not had any issues with buffering or latency while watching youtube videos or content from abroad. As for speed tests i've been using a website called testmy.net which does 3 sample random tests of 3 different file sizes for downloads. hope this helps incase anyone is looking to change over.

You not might feel so alone after reading through these threads: smile.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/906767-3bb-fibre-quietly-upgraded-to-100-mbps/

(the dispute starts at #19)

And this:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/917286-what-are-people-doing-with-all-the-bandwidth/

I have not had any issues with buffering or latency while watching youtube videos or content from abroad.

It's a popular misconception that youtube and many other content (all from Google, Microsoft, FB and others) comes from overseas.

It doesn't. It's distributed from within the region (Singapore, Hong Kong) in most cases.

That's why you don't have a problem with these and the reason that most Thais are happy with their internet.

I think this thread is not location specific. Better in the IT forum?

Edited by KhunBENQ

Very happy with the 3BB fibre 100/10 package @ 1200 Baht/month. Signed up earlier this year. With or without a VPN I am getting a good international download speed sufficient for streaming live sports (footy and F1) without buffering. KODI works very well too.

Mine works as above but at half the price @ THB 632 p/m.

Had that ADSL package before, not pleased with constant downtime and up to 10min to connect again.

The fiber has no interruptions and instant connection.

Download of 1.6 GB file, 10min

Had that ADSL package before, not pleased with constant downtime and up to 10min to connect again.

Worth a 20 baht extra per day.

Mine on the 3BB 900 baht ADSL line works fine too... Streaming TV and all computer stuff I do in uploading images etc...thumbsup.gif

I will say, that some people I know are using Fibre, as they are some distance away from the main lines... it seems to help in some cases.

As a technical doughnut i'm content that it works :)

As a technical doughnut i'm content that it works smile.png

I'll add that one of our "old" members, uses the 690 baht service, and says he gets cut off when he used up a certain amount of time...

Maybe he's confused with the fact his month is up! facepalm.giflaugh.png