Thai reaction to sanctions?

jamiesmith

They would "explain" the issues to foreigners. Then they would "reveal" that the foreign entity was fully satisfied with the Thai government's actions.

Edited by Briggsy

What reason would the UN have for imposing sanctions on Thailand?

Makes no sense.

The current political situation in Thailand could be reason enough to impose sanctions amongst a hoard of other issues.

Word has it that Trump is supporting sanctions against Thailand.

The U.S. has basically cut off aid and support to Thailand since the democratically elected government was replaced.

This has only motivated Thailand to become closer to countries like China and North Korea.

I expect sanctions from the UN will result in the same reaction from Thailand.

The U.S. has basically cut off aid and support to Thailand since the democratically elected government was replaced.

This has only motivated Thailand to become closer to countries like China and North Korea.

Yes sanctions seemed to have the exact opposite effect of what the other countries thought. Just showed that the other countries were not as important as they thought.

Same with the fishing Issue, Thailand is already looking to replace the market share that could be lost. It might not work but at least they are acting pro active making sure Thailand is not hurt too much if these kind of things happen.

Yes sanctions seemed to have the exact opposite effect of what the other countries thought. Just showed that the other countries were not as important as they thought.

Same with the fishing Issue, Thailand is already looking to replace the market share that could be lost. It might not work but at least they are acting pro active making sure Thailand is not hurt too much if these kind of things happen.

Which of course is soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than addressing the real issues

Which of course is soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than addressing the real issues

No its not of course.. but thinking that the stick always has the desired effect is wrong. The US is loosing out here driving an former friend into the hands of China. I prefer that they solve the problems, get here but on the other hand its good they make sure the country does not suffer too much from sanctions. I can remember how the US bullied my country about drugs, so I feel for countries standing up to the US.