Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Yeah, just read that myself. Can't see him going back to Chelsea though, can you Seapok?

On another note. Not been on the PC since sunday, so a belated congrats on your win over us the other night Chelsea fans. You deserved it and we were <deleted>.

Jose - Next stop England

Real Madrid chief Jose Mourinho has insisted his next job will be back in England.

The former Chelsea boss has never denied his love for the English game, which came through his three-year stint at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho fell out with Blues owner Roman Abramovich, which led to his departure in 2007.

He has since gone on to glory with Inter Milanand now Real Madrid - but despite his time in Italy and Spain, England remains his passion.

"I miss England and my next job will be in England," he told The Sun. "There is unfinished business.

"And I think England wants me back, no? It was the most enjoyable time of my

"My Chelsea time was amazing as a football manager and family man. My family and I enjoyed it so much. We made so many friends here. We still keep in touch, we still come back.

"In football there are a few victories here I would like to repeat. I will talk to my agent and get a project for my career.

"I still have three years at Real Madrid. It is the biggest club in the world but it is also the most difficult club in the world.

"They came to me for the third time and I could not say no to them for the third time - I had to go.

"And I had to go to Italy, that was important for me because I wanted to try there. Everyone said it was the home of tactics so I said let me try there.

"But it is not England, England is special. People in Italy, Spain and Portugal ask me why I love England so much and I can't explain - I just do.

"I want to be happy in my work. I want to be happy with my football."

I'll say one thing, getting older and presumably growing wiser with it, has yet to have any affect on the man's ego. If he does return to the UK, it'll need an aircraft the size of an airbus A380 to stand any chance of getting airborne with the weight of his noddle.

Jose - Next stop England

Real Madrid chief Jose Mourinho has insisted his next job will be back in England.

The former Chelsea boss has never denied his love for the English game, which came through his three-year stint at Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho fell out with Blues owner Roman Abramovich, which led to his departure in 2007.

He has since gone on to glory with Inter Milanand now Real Madrid - but despite his time in Italy and Spain, England remains his passion.

"I miss England and my next job will be in England," he told The Sun. "There is unfinished business.

"My Chelsea time was amazing as a football manager and family man. My family and I enjoyed it so much. We made so many friends here. We still keep in touch, we still come back.

"In football there are a few victories here I would like to repeat. I will talk to my agent and get a project for my career.

"I still have three years at Real Madrid. It is the biggest club in the world but it is also the most difficult club in the world.

"They came to me for the third time and I could not say no to them for the third time - I had to go.

"And I had to go to Italy, that was important for me because I wanted to try there. Everyone said it was the home of tactics so I said let me try there.

"But it is not England, England is special. People in Italy, Spain and Portugal ask me why I love England so much and I can't explain - I just do.

I'll say one thing, getting older and presumably growing wiser with it, has yet to have any affect on the man's ego. If he does return to the UK, it'll need an aircraft the size of an airbus A380 to stand any chance of getting airborne with the weight of his noddle.

I'd be quite happy to see Spurs arrange that A380 if he came to us when H takes the England job. :D Either way i'd like to see him back in the premier league because whether you like the arrogant tosspot or not, he's a character and did add something to the league.

Jose - Next stop England

I'd be quite happy to see Spurs arrange that A380 if he came to us when H takes the England job. :D Either way i'd like to see him back in the premier league because whether you like the arrogant tosspot or not, he's a character and did add something to the league.

Mourinho in...Crouch and Defoe out?

Oh well if you insist....:D

If he can barely last five minutes at what he describes as being the world's biggest club, just how long would he last at a minnow like Spurs?

For me, i enjoy watching him from a distance, just for the amazing things that come out of his mouth, but as for having him in charge of my club.... nah, thanks very much.

If he can barely last five minutes at what he describes as being the world's biggest club, just how long would he last at a minnow like Spurs?

For me, i enjoy watching him from a distance, just for the amazing things that come out of his mouth, but as for having him in charge of my club.... nah, thanks very much.

<deleted>...minnows...are you taking the piss or what? :o

Interesting. So how exactly do you perceive yourselves?

What is interesting is that i'm now understanding why you lot are known in Manchester as RAG's. but then again hardly any of you have ever been to Manchester have you.

How "we" percieve ourselves is not a subject we'd wish to discuss on this thread.

What is interesting is that i'm now understanding why you lot are known in Manchester as RAG's. but then again hardly any of you have ever been to Manchester have you.

How "we" percieve ourselves is not a subject we'd wish to discuss on this thread.

Speaking of minnows mate, have you ever in your life been offered bait that you didn't immediately bite onto?

Speaking of minnows mate, have you ever in your life been offered bait that you didn't immediately bite onto?

Oh come on dear!!! I was just pulling your chain so singher could get on the forum and we could have played cat and mouse with you lot desperately trying to get me to say what a big club we are.

Anyway, this thread is supposed to be for cut and pasting

Edited by carmine

Indeed. Apologies to all the Chelsea fans Seapok who visits this thread.

We've even thought about inviting him on our thread for a chat and to meet some people. ;)

We've even thought about inviting him on our thread for a chat and to meet some people. ;)

Always room in the shoal for another minnow right?

I don't need an invite mate, I will just rock up and take over your thread. Mr B thanks for the congratulations, I did think you were a very hard nut to crack, maybe parking the bus perhaps? haha

As far as Mourinho goes I'm really not sure of how I would feel if he came back to the Bridge, we were winning titles but also getting a lot of attention for the wrong reasons.

If Ancelotti walks in the summer then yes I would say come on then Jose lets have a clear out and start again but this time stop all the controversy man!

Edited by Seapok

Mourinho will end up at United that is a given.;)

I think the board at United have more sense. Bloody well hope they do...

O'Neill is waiting for the call.......

He's another one with a history of walking out on clubs. Not as bad as Mourinho, but a concern for any prospective employer i'd say. At United we've been witnessing the benefits over the last twenty years of what stability can bring, and wish for more of the same thank you very much. I don't think either The Special One or the Irish One can offer that no matter what the club. If that fact doesn't bother Chelsea or Spurs then good luck to them - enjoy the ride whilst it lasts is all i'd say.

I don't know about that. Let's be honest, the United job is a bit of a poisoned chalice. If a new manager comes in and wins things, it will be viewed as so he should, as United have been winning for years and the team he inherited was from Fergie. And if he doesn't win anything....well say no more.

Mourinho is more likely to go to a club that hasn't been winning anything and has the money to spend so he can add his "special one" touches. And yes, I'd have him at City at the drop of an hat. Bit like Cloughie, you either like him or loathe him. Personally, I like him and he brings character to the Prem.

I don't know about that. Let's be honest, the United job is a bit of a poisoned chalice. If a new manager comes in and wins things, it will be viewed as so he should, as United have been winning for years and the team he inherited was from Fergie. And if he doesn't win anything....well say no more.

Mourinho is more likely to go to a club that hasn't been winning anything and has the money to spend so he can add his "special one" touches. And yes, I'd have him at City at the drop of an hat. Bit like Cloughie, you either like him or loathe him. Personally, I like him and he brings character to the Prem.

Well said. Yes he brings a winning mentality and instills it in the players. I'd love to see him at the Lane......

I think the board at United have more sense. Bloody well hope they do...

O'Neill is waiting for the call.......

He's another one with a history of walking out on clubs. Not as bad as Mourinho, but a concern for any prospective employer i'd say. At United we've been witnessing the benefits over the last twenty years of what stability can bring, and wish for more of the same thank you very much. I don't think either The Special One or the Irish One can offer that no matter what the club. If that fact doesn't bother Chelsea or Spurs then good luck to them - enjoy the ride whilst it lasts is all i'd say.

I do hear what you are saying Rix and i agree in the principle, but, i have to say good luck in the search for a manager that will stay over twenty years and even be half as successful as SAF. The reality is its very unlikely to happen.

I can't really see Mourinho going to Utd but i can see him going to City. That would be no surprise at all. They possess the special ones necessary ingrediants. They've won chuff all but have seemingly limitless amounts of cash for him to create his side. Remember Chelski. They bought two titles with Mourinho and Romans bankrolling. ;)

I do hear what you are saying Rix and i agree in the principle, but, i have to say good luck in the search for a manager that will stay over twenty years and even be half as successful as SAF. The reality is its very unlikely to happen.

I can't really see Mourinho going to Utd but i can see him going to City. That would be no surprise at all. They possess the special ones necessary ingrediants. They've won chuff all but have seemingly limitless amounts of cash for him to create his side. Remember Chelski. They bought two titles with Mourinho and Romans bankrolling. ;)

Agree with all of that.

Obviously expecting the next United manager to last over 20 years would be unrealistic. Something between 5 and 10 would be ok. Mourinho you'll be lucky to get more than three seasons. If all you care about is short term success then go for it.

Agree with all of that.

Obviously expecting the next United manager to last over 20 years would be unrealistic. Something between 5 and 10 would be ok. Mourinho you'll be lucky to get more than three seasons. If all you care about is short term success then go for it.

Haha it still makes me smirk seeing random fans still going on about us buying the title.....with all the money Man City, Spurs and Man U spend I suppose they will never be accused of buying the title! :whistling:

Agree with all of that.

Haha it still makes me smirk seeing random fans still going on about us buying the title.....with all the money Man City, Spurs and Man U spend I suppose they will never be accused of buying the title! :whistling:

Aye we spent close on £70 odd million in January did we then?

When did we last spend £20m on a player Seapok??

Get your facts straight me old son!

No you haven't spent £20m on a player the most you spent was £16.6m on Modric. Not being funny but I don't think a £20m+ player would want to go to Spurs! :D

But since 05/06 season you have spent over £260m on players and for what? the Carling Cup? haha nice one.

Chelsea confirm pre-contract deal with Lucas Piazon

Chelsea have agreed a pre-contract deal with Sao Paulo's Lucas Piazon but the attacking midfielder will not arrive at Stamford Bridge until January 2012.

Piazon, 17, cannot join until he turns 18 next January, meaning the transfer window in the same month is the earliest he can complete his move.

The Brazil youth international is "expected to join on a long-term deal", Chelsea said on Friday.

Chelsea have not disclosed the fee but reports have said it could reach £10m.

Yet to play for Sao Paulo, Piazon is currently with the Brazil Under-17 side at the South American Championship in Ecuador, where Brazil have won two and lost one of their opening three group matches.

Piazon has so far scored twice, a winning goal against Venezuela and in Brazil's defeat by Paraguay.

He had been linked with a switch to Juventus before Chelsea made their move.

Blues owner Roman Abramovich has already spent heavily on one Brazilian this season, signing defender David Luiz from Benfica for more than £20m in January, with Spaniard Fernando Torres also arriving at Stamford Bridge, for £50m.

As well as Luiz, midfielder Ramires and defender Alex are the other Brazilians in Chelsea's first-team squad.

Sao Paulo, the club that produced Kaka, have already seen former players succeed in the Premier League, including Juninho at Middlesbrough.

Juliano Belletti was at the Brazilian outfit from 1996 to 2002 before playing for Chelsea from 2007 to 2010.

No you haven't spent £20m on a player the most you spent was £16.6m on Modric. Not being funny but I don't think a £20m+ player would want to go to Spurs! :D

But since 05/06 season you have spent over £260m on players and for what? the Carling Cup? haha nice one.

No doubt you'll get back to me on our net spend over the same period and offer a comparison with your own club over the same timescale.

I'm waiting for that C+P.....:rolleyes:

Edited by smokie36

Makes you smirk or pisses you off?

As far as Man City and Spurs being accused of buying the title is concerned, perhaps you should wait until they win it.

Difference between United's riches and Chelsea's is that United's hasn't come from the success of one rich man doing business in oil, but from the success of the club itself in the game of football, which has been gradually built up over many many years. All this takes time, patience, hard work and skill. How much time, patience, hard work and skill did it take for Chelsea to be bought by a billionaire?

It's like the difference between man "A" who spent 10 years studying, using his life savings in the process, and another 10 years working up the corporate ladder, to become a business leader, and man "B" who never went to university but as his family owned the company, he simply walked into the job. Both man "A" and man "B" are at the top of their professions and could be considered equally successful, but how they made it to the top was quite different. Some people of course do not care about how you get your success, simply that you do. That's fine, but never forget that should man "B" lose his job, he has none of the foundation or education behind him. His social standing and his lifestyle will plummit.

Much like Chelsea's standing in the league if and when Roman decides he's had enough.

Agree with all of that.

A small blub such as Chelski could only do it with oligarch cash. Thats the sum of it really.

The days when the genius of Brian Clough took Forest to such great heights, (that indeed Chelsea are light years away from) have long gone. And much is the pity.